The Fault in Our Stars The Fault in Our Stars question

Which part did you cry over the most?
Christina Dameria Christina Feb 12, 2014 11:43AM
I started crying when Hazel read her prefuneral eulogy :(

The waterworks began when Augustus told Hazel that his cancer came back but, once they did the pre-funeral eulogy, I started bawling. Don't even get me started on the last chapter with Augustus' letter to Hazel... let's just say the box of tissues became my best friend.

My favorite part and the part I cried was the ending. Reading Augustus' letter to Van de wijk is heart breaking. I would love to read it again before I see it on big screen.

The pre-funeral. I love the what Hazel and Isaac say in that part. And then Gus goes like: Ï lit up like a Christmas tree, Hazel Grace."

deleted member Feb 13, 2014 01:37PM   1 vote
the pre funeral. of course. especially when issac broke down

I literally couldn't stop crying , since the moment that gus tells hazel that his cancer is back . But the prefuneral was like the worst for me ! i really love this book!

The pre-funeral speeches. When Hazel found Gus at the gas station. When at the beginning of the chapter it's like, "Augustus died 3 days later..." or whatever it said I dont rmbr the exact quote.
At the restaurant.

Agustus´ letter to Van Houten."My thoughts old man are stars I can´t fathom into constellations."

I´m an emotional type of person.

I cried for the first time while reading that book when John Green describes how Augustus couldn't do anything. To read about such a bright able character as Augustus being rendered completely broken down by sickness was heartbreaking. He was so young and full of life, and then, he was unable to live life as a teenager should. That broke me down. I also cried like a baby at the very end while reading Augustus's letter. If I even glimpse over the last paragraph of that book, I cry and cry and cry!!! =::.(

Prefuneral. Like almost everyone else.

When they were in the restaurant and he was telling her that amazing speech :/

the prefuneral and Augustus' letter to van houlten

I cried at what Isaac says at the prefuneral and the actual funeral and at Gus's letter to van houten at the end.
I do Augustus. I do.

the pre funeral and when Augustus actually died. why does John Green always kill off the best characters??

I didn't. Didn't cry at all. I must be heartless.

JeriLyn LOL
Apr 14, 2014 03:16AM · flag

deleted member Mar 23, 2014 09:43AM   0 votes
When Augustus died.

I had three moments in which I cried. The first was when Augustus told Hazel that his cancer was back, reading that was tough because I knew then what was going to happen. Then, when Hazel had said he died, and lastly when I read his letter. I was pretty much a mess reading the second half, not okay.

the very ending with his letter... D:

At the prefuneral and Gus was so sick, made me bawl my eyes out.

The eulogy by Augustus and Van Houten's addendum. :'(

I cried when Hazel read the eulogy, and also when Augustus died, and then I continued crying after I was done reading the book.

Sarah (last edited Mar 07, 2014 08:26AM ) Mar 07, 2014 08:25AM   0 votes
I was sad during the book, but what made me cry was a song I listned to later. The lyrics go:
"And though they say it's possible to me
I don't see how it's probable.
I see the course we're on
spinning farther from what I know, I'll hold on.
Tell me that you won't let go."

I cried and cried. Listen to it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iKPTp...

If that doesn't work look up Say It's Possible by Jay Brannan

I got emotional in many parts but the saddest part was the moment when augustus went out in the middle of the night to buy cigarettes...the condition in which hazel found him was heartbreaking. A boy who presented himself as a very confident and happy boy ,actually broke down at last. I see augustus as a boy who was very self-conscious and it was natural for him to feel a little inferior to the other people due to his leg and his condition, but he never actually showed it . it was mainly because he didn't wanted to be that person, we all see how he was so adamant to be a hero or sacrifice like a hero ,he always tried to see and make other people see him as someone he wanted to be.but at that point in that car he let all his guard fall down and came face to face with really . That was a brave thing for him to do.

(view spoiler) Legit cried so hard it hurt and i coughed and had to stop several times for ten fifteen minutes at a time to finish this book. Its no joke. Pure perfection and beautifully written.

Chapter 21.

I pretty much lost it from when Gus died till the end of the book

Chapter 21 till the end... It was a constant stream of tears.

When Gus goes for a drive and the tube thingys come out and he call Hazel to help him and they are stuck on the side of the oad with a dying Gus :'(

I cried the most when augustus told hazel that he had cancer again, during the moments that he struggled, and when he died. I really had hoped that they could live together, so I was VERY upset when he died

When Gus died.

The part where Isaac talks at Augusts' funeral :(

When at the beginning of the chapter and it's like, "Augustus died 3 days later..." or whatever it said I dont rmbr the exact quote

Mackenzie "Augustus died 8 days later."

omg :'(
...more
Apr 14, 2014 03:47PM · flag

the part when John Green would just throw in stuff like that was the last good day we had or that was the last photo of him i took. stuff shows you that the end is near.

I cried the mosst when both Isaac and Hazel gave their speech to Augustus before his death as well as on his funeral.
And the scene that totally broke me was when Augustus puked all over himself when he was at the gas station.

Pre-funeral and Augustus' letter. Probably one of the best endings to a book I've ever read.

My tears streamed when I was reading the prefuneral eulogies....It was like being in Hazel's shoes

When she thought she was dying and she overheard her Mother say....."I'm not going to be a mother anymore". OMG that absolutely killed me! Cried through most the book but that moment broke my heart for her poor Mom.

Same as a lot of people here - the pre-funeral - Isaac's speech especially when he says "when the scientists of the future show up at my house with robot eyes and they tell me to try them on I will tell them to screw off because I do not want to see a world without him" :'(

I started crying at the pre funeral and pretty much had tears running down my face for the rest of the book.

when hazel says "I cannot tell you how thankful I am for our little infinity"

I think that the worst part for me in this book was the scene where Gus called form the gas station needing Hazel

I had the most tears running down my face when I figured out Van Houten had a dead daughter but it started at the prefuneral

I lost when Gus goes "I lit up like a christmas tree, Hazel Grace. The lining of my chest, my left hip, my liver, everywhere". As of that part I couldn't stop bawling...

AW when hazel was trying to calm him down and when she said "im glad we had our little infinity" or something like that

i get tears in my eyes when they spoke about Gus getting cancer and then all hell broke loose when they said in chapter what ever that he died 8 days later. It was awful. I still miss Gus and everytime I see his name my friends and I almost start crying. I think I fell in love x

The part at the prefuneral whn Isaac and Hazel read their Eulogies for Augustus