What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > Mystery/Suspense book: a woman (maybe a paralegal or an attorney or P.I.) who gets onto the case of this teen who is in trouble with the law

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Blisspopfresh (new)

Blisspopfresh | 11 comments I read a book back in 2001, and can't remember what it's called: There was a woman (maybe a paralegal or an attorney or P.I.) who gets onto the case of this teen who is in trouble with the law (I think she is a murder suspect or arrested for breaking & entering), and the woman is trying to help this teen girl solve the crime or prove her innocence; in the end I remember the girl discovers her uncle killed her father. I think her mother was kidnapped near the end, and the girl with the woman's help find her father's body -- he had been murdered and his body dumped in a well or something like that. It's all so hazy, but that's what I can recollect. I know that the book was paperback, and published sometime in the 90's. I think the cover might have been black with gold letters.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38282 comments Mod
What country/region/city is it set in?

message 4: by Blisspopfresh (new)

Blisspopfresh | 11 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "What country/region/city is it set in?"

Definitely America, I am not sure where in the East, but I am thinking the East someplace.

message 5: by Blisspopfresh (new)

Blisspopfresh | 11 comments Kris wrote: "A few long shots - Wanted! by Caroline B. Cooney?
Rosemary for Remembrance by Audrey Stallsmith?
The Law Of Betrayal by [auth..."

No luck so far. Thanks though.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Blisspopfresh, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "Blisspopfresh, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response; moving to Abandoned.