What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > Young Adult Romance: a girl was new in town, she was an outcast, and a boy befriends her. One of them experienced a tragedy I think, and the two are deeply in love by the end of the book

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Blisspopfresh (new)

Blisspopfresh | 11 comments I'm trying to recall a book I read somewhere between 2006-2009, but it was an old book -- I'd say, published in the 90's maybe. I think the cover was blue, with a truck on the front...maybe. The details are fuzzy: a girl was new in town, she was an outcast, and a boy befriends her. One of them experienced a tragedy I think, and the two are deeply in love by the end of the book. I remember something to do with his truck, and there was a pool scene with the boy and his friends-a boy and another girl, and something went down over the girl. I remember the boy said something to her in the truck, like he was really scared for her or himself, but he told she would never be alone again; something like that. I just keep remembering the truck, and the pool scene, and how deeply in love he was with her. It might have been a hard cover.

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jpnwt) | 12 comments Could it be "Kissed By An Angel" by Elizabeth Chandler?

message 3: by Blisspopfresh (new)

Blisspopfresh | 11 comments =[ Not it. Thanks for the suggestion though, looks like a good read.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Blisspopfresh, are you still looking for this?

message 5: by Blisspopfresh (new)

Blisspopfresh | 11 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Blisspopfresh, are you still looking for this?"

I am, any ideas?

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

message 7: by Blisspopfresh (new)

Blisspopfresh | 11 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Try this listopia.

https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/3..."

No luck. A few times I thought this is it, but no. Thanks. If you find any others please send my way. I know its out there.

message 8: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
Blisspopfresh, if you bump up your thread periodically (30 to 90 days is the usual period) you will have a better chance at getting it found, since it will stay in people's minds. And it will be there for new members to see too, as well as returning after a hiatus members.

message 9: by Blisspopfresh (new)

Blisspopfresh | 11 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "Blisspopfresh, if you bump up your thread periodically (30 to 90 days is the usual period) you will have a better chance at getting it found, since it will stay in people's minds. And it will be th..."

Thank you. I will do this as soon as I get a chance this week.

message 10: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Just typing a new comment automatically "bumps" the thread!

message 11: by Blisspopfresh (new)

Blisspopfresh | 11 comments Kate wrote: "Just typing a new comment automatically "bumps" the thread!"

Oh good. Well thank you very much.

message 12: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Still looking now?

message 13: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "Still looking now?"

No response; moving to Abandoned.