Nora Roberts Groupies discussion

Archive > Weekly topic for discussion - eBook, Hardcover or Paperback?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 5636 comments Mod
What format are you using to read Nora's books?

When I discovered her books, I had already switched to reading all my books in eBook format. However, I have many friends who began collecting her books many years ago and continue to get them in paperback or "trade" size even though they're reading them as eBooks.

So, what's your preference?

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Hoover (sandrahoover) | 181 comments I own a mixture of hardbacks & paperbacks of Nora's books since I bought them all years ago (most in paperback). But now, when I choose to reread some of them, I'm purchasing them for kindle for the ease of reading and the convenience of carrying them with me.

message 3: by Jonetta (last edited Feb 12, 2014 10:04AM) (new)

Will you be adding the paperback/hardback versions of new releases?

message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Hoover (sandrahoover) | 181 comments Yes, just to complete my extensive collection of her books. I haven't yet bought Dark Witch in paperback but have it on Kindle. I will purchase all 3 of those when they're all out.

I do not purchase the re-releases of her books though...the older books released with new covers.

message 5: by Jonetta (new)

Maybe one day I'll buy some of these books. My sister-in-law has about 700 or more books in paperback and hardback. I lust after these books every time I visit. She has bookshelves in every room and I just love looking at the titles I've already read in eBook format.

message 6: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Hoover (sandrahoover) | 181 comments Oh yeah...nothing better than a good collection of books. And I say that even though I buy almost everything in ebook now! I don't have nearly enough bookshelves to display my book collections so I have my favorites shelved and the rest packed up in bins. Just can't shelf them all...

message 7: by Jonetta (new)

I have a little more room:)

message 8: by Anita (last edited Feb 12, 2014 11:49AM) (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1216 comments Jonetta wrote: "Maybe one day I'll buy some of these books. My sister-in-law has about 700 or more books in paperback and hardback. I lust after these books every time I visit. She has bookshelves in every room a..."

I also have a vast paper library. It is so easy to acquire them from book sales (Who can pass up $1 a bag??). I have Nora in both paperback and e-book. I prefer e-book for ease of storage, but love the feel of a book in my hand. I have a granddaughter (age 3) who loves to "read" grandma's books. I like to think I am instilling a love of reading in them by having so many books around.

message 9: by Jonetta (new)

That's a great point, Anita.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

That is a great point,Anita! You're instilling a love of reading to them that would probably last a lifetime that they'll probably always remember,lol!
Here lately, I prefer hardback covered books than paperbacks....somethin' about hardbacks (to me) just seem to last longer than paperbacks and I really don't know y either...but they do.
I'm not a big fan of the e~book format, I've always like to have an actual book in my hands whether it's a brand new book or an older book...that's just me. Everybody has their own particular perferences but mine will always b the hardback cover editions.... :P :D

message 11: by Janeiowa (new)

Janeiowa After years of buying paperbacks because they were affordable or reading hc's from the library, I'm a total convert to eformat. While traveling 1500 miles this week, I have my 600-700 books right inside my tote! Impossible to beat that...and I can buy new ones anytime I stop for the night or am in a restaurant with WiFi, or an airport, etc.

message 12: by Jonetta (new)

Janeiowa wrote: "After years of buying paperbacks because they were affordable or reading hc's from the library, I'm a total convert to eformat. While traveling 1500 miles this week, I have my 600-700 books right..."

Yeah, that's what won me over. Travel did it! And, the ease of getting a book the moment I want it...priceless:)

message 13: by Kerri (new)

Kerri Levine | 96 comments ebooks are definitely easy and affordable. I love being able to bring an entire library with me when I travel. But, I still love a hc or pb. Being able to hold it in my hand, and flip back in forth through the chapters is what I miss when on my Kindle.

message 14: by Dena (new)

Dena (auntiedena72) I read paperbacks. My sisters read eBooks as well as a lot of others I know...but I like books. I love book covers, turning pages, the smell of books...love everything about them. I wouldnt even buy an ereader cause it would just be a waste of money with me. I'd never use it.

message 15: by Talya (last edited Mar 06, 2014 08:27AM) (new)

Talya | 718 comments Mod
I think Nora's the only author I still read paperback and hard copy for. Mostly because I already had all of her books before I got my Kindle (which I looooove as well). Also because it's worth it for me to go to Boonsboro and support Turn the Page and buy the physical book when it's newly released. And also because her covers are so gorgeous :-D