Flights of Fantasy discussion

Randomnessosity > Frozen Apocalypsi Prep and other Winter is Coming activities

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, Bad Girls Deadlift (new)

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 5312 comments Because snow!

(told you I had to use it!:-D)

message 2: by Chris , cookie guilt (new)

Chris  (haughtc) | 2450 comments ..and so you did

message 3: by Becky, Modderific (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) | 2997 comments I'm making reading tracks to listen to. :D
http://naturesoundsfor.me/ and recording them with Audacity.

I've got a nice thunderstorm set going, with a little creekwater in the background, and a frog or cicada here an there just for ambiance. ;)

message 4: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, Bad Girls Deadlift (new)

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 5312 comments Becky wrote: "I'm making reading tracks to listen to. :D
http://naturesoundsfor.me/ and recording them with Audacity.

I've got a nice thunderstorm set going, with a little creekwater in the background, and a ..."

That sounds really lovely.

message 5: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thenightowl) This impending storm is stressing me out. I have way too much to do this week to deal with Mother Nature's temper tantrum. I've been working at top speed these past few days just in case I can't make it in on Thursday.

B, thanks for mentioning that site. I need something like this for bedtime.

message 6: by Becky, Modderific (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) | 2997 comments YW... I figure that it will probably come in handy quite a lot now that I'm going to be home so much. White noise for me to read to rather than listening to whatever THomas is. LOL

message 7: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, Bad Girls Deadlift (new)

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 5312 comments I'm a little PO'd cause my co-worker pushed back my trip to make his own trip. With my idea!!

:(

I'm going to try to get some things from the grocery, I think.

A Valentine's Menu (TBD)
Filet Mignon with Shallot-Red Wine Sauce and Garlic Frites (view spoiler)
Frisée Salad with Bacon-Shallot Vinaigrette (view spoiler)
Garlic Broccolini (view spoiler)
Chocolate Lava Cake For Two (view spoiler)

What do yall think? I'm not too sure about that salad. TBH, I only liked the idea of a Bacon Shallot dressing...

message 8: by HomeInMyShoes (new)

HomeInMyShoes Are you kidding?!? The salad is the only thing with bacon! :)

message 9: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, Bad Girls Deadlift (new)

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 5312 comments lol!

message 10: by HomeInMyShoes (new)

HomeInMyShoes Actually, the menu sounds pretty tasty. Although I'm a big fan of garlic mashed potatoes.

message 11: by Becky, Modderific (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) | 2997 comments I make garlic and feta mashed potatoes. They are freaking AMAZING. :D

message 12: by Dawn, Dawnerys, Mother of Modding (new)

Dawn (breakofdawn) | 860 comments We are eating leftovers and then going to couple's yoga on Valentine's Day. I'm excited!

And before you think it... It was his idea, he likes yoga.

message 13: by colleen the convivial curmudgeon, Not a book hipster! (new)

colleen the convivial curmudgeon (blackrose13) | 2976 comments I wish I had eggs. I was reading something this morning talking about eggs, and now I have a craving.

Called out today. Got roughly a foot of snow, give or take. Just came in from shoveling and I need an Advil. It is some heavy ass shut.

We're in the lull right now. Meant to get more sleet and snow tonight. Yay.

message 14: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, Bad Girls Deadlift (new)

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 5312 comments We were hiding in the house all day. Even avoiding answering the doorbell and took a nap.

Woke up to our driveway and walk 100% clear. I love my neighbors.

message 15: by Laurel (new)

Laurel Colleen wrote: "I wish I had eggs. I was reading something this morning talking about eggs, and now I have a craving.

My friend is giving me a Fritatta recipe. I've never tried Frittata nor Quiche. Looking forward to it!

message 16: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, Bad Girls Deadlift (new)

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 5312 comments Its snowing again. >:

At least we don't need to go anywhere.

message 17: by Becky, Modderific (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) | 2997 comments I feel like watching The Day After Tomorrow just to remind myself that it could be worse. LOL

message 18: by Nyssa (new)

Nyssa | 2023 comments Hmm maybe A Song of Ice and Fire is the cautionary tale of Global Warming/Climate Change....
He told us winter was coming and now winter is here!

message 19: by Becky, Modderific (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) | 2997 comments Speaking of frittata, I want to make this one: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/...

Only I think I'd roast the asparagus instead of cooking them with the onions. I love love love roasted asparagus. We have this black salt that is AMAZING on roasted asparagus with a little olive oil. I could eat it all day. :D

message 20: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, Bad Girls Deadlift (new)

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 5312 comments Power just flashed O_O

message 21: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, Bad Girls Deadlift (new)

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 5312 comments Becky wrote: "Speaking of frittata, I want to make this one: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/...

Only I think I'd roast the asparagus instead of cooking them with the onions. I love love lo..."

that looks good

message 22: by HomeInMyShoes (new)

HomeInMyShoes MrsJoseph (taking back my data & giving GR the middle finger) wrote: "Power just flashed O_O"

You can make a pretty fair touton with a Whisperlite(tm) camp stove.