Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Can't Find My Book With Search

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline Garlick | 18 comments Hi There,

I was recently invited to add my book to a shelf...to the Best Unknown Steampunk List...and when I search my book in the search bar...it says no book found. I've searched under the title...the title with the series name attached, under my name...and nothing...how do I fix this?

My book is... Lumière (Illumination Paradox #1) by Jacqueline Garlick

Thanks! J

message 2: by Banjomike (last edited Feb 12, 2014 09:24AM) (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Jacqueline wrote: "Hi There,

I was recently invited to add my book to a shelf...to the Best Unknown Steampunk List...and when I search my book in the search bar...it says no book found. I've searched under the title...

My book is... Lumière (Illumination Paradox #1) by Jacqueline Garlick"

If I search for Lumière Jacqueline Garlick it is the only hit.

If I search for Lumière it is at the bottom of page 2.

message 3: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline Garlick | 18 comments When I try to add it to that shelf...I only have the opportunity to put the word in the search bar box and then when I click it, it says there is nothing...so how will I add it to that list (shelf) then?

message 4: by Ren (new)

Ren | 688 comments I also got it with "lumiere illumination paradox" or just "illumination paradox".

Search is sometimes unreliable though and usually it's easier to search by ISBN/ASIN if you're looking for a specific book to add.

message 5: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Jacqueline wrote: "When I try to add it to that shelf...I only have the opportunity to put the word in the search bar box and then when I click it, it says there is nothing...so how will I add it to that list (shelf)..."

The book is already on that list at 105
https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/1...
which shelf do you want to add it to?

message 6: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline Garlick | 18 comments OMGosh...I'm so confused...it appears to be # 36 on that list...
I just got an invite from someone to ADD it to that list...so I tried too...I hope I didn't add it twice? omgosh...so sorry...I have no idea what is going on...lol

message 7: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline Garlick | 18 comments Ren wrote: "I also got it with "lumiere illumination paradox" or just "illumination paradox".

Search is sometimes unreliable though and usually it's easier to search by ISBN/ASIN if you're looking for a speci..."

Thanks!