Parents of Tweens (9-14) discussion

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diane (new)

Diane  | 129 comments Mod
Post about your books, blogs, giveaways, and websites here. Please keep your promotions and posts age-appropriate.

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Isenhoff (michelleisenhoff) I'll just add one...

Song of the Mountain by Michelle Isenhoff Song of the Mountain was nominated for the 2013 Cybils Award and took semi-final honors in the 2013 Kindle Book Review Book Awards. All digital versions are now permafree. I have free downloadable classroom resources on my website.

message 3: by Brittney (new)

Brittney (brittney_joy) | 1 comments If you have a tween girl that's horse crazy, I'd like to recommend taking a look at my book, Red Rock Ranch (Lucy's Chance, book 1) ...

Red Rock Ranch (Lucy's Chance, #1) by Brittney Joy

"Sixteen year old Lucy Rose is spending her first summer away from home and she has two things on her mind: an abandoned, violent horse and a blue-eyed cowboy. Only neither is hers.

Lucy has never attracted much attention from boys, but she can’t seem to ignore her blue-eyed co-worker, Casey Parker. A true cowboy, Lucy becomes enthralled by his gentle way with the horses at the Red Rock Ranch. However, she is very aware that Taylor Johnson, rodeo queen extraordinaire and blonde bombshell, already has her spurs in him. And, there’s no crossing Taylor.

. . . Not until a mysterious horse appears on the ranch and pushes Lucy and Casey together. The two are willing to do anything to save the black gelding that doesn’t want a thing to do with them . . . or the human race. But, every step forward with the once-broken animal makes Lucy fall harder – for him and for Casey."

message 4: by T.K. (new)

T.K. Naliaka Upcoming free promo for Parents of Tweens on October 25, 2014. A fresh and fast-paced modern adventure with a bit of romance crossing half the globe, from the wild western Sahel of Africa to Wyoming cattle ranches. Book Two in The Decatur series by T.K. Naliaka. A classic, yet modern adventure with terrific characters, unexpected locales and an engaging continuing family saga,from cowboys to nomads! Enjoy! A Difficult Damsel to Rescue (The Decaturs) by T.K. Naliaka A Difficult Damsel to Rescue Available for free downloads from Amazon Kindle here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00J39YHTY?c...

message 5: by Stacia (last edited Feb 21, 2015 04:22PM) (new)

Stacia (staciadeutsch) | 1 comments Lucky PhooLucky Phoo for YOU! Now 99 cents on Amazon, by NYT bestselling author, Stacia Deutsch. Three tween girls one lucky dog...let the magic begin. Sale ends Thursday.

http://www.amazon.com/Lucky-Phoo-Stac...

message 6: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 5 comments We are offering an e-book of Sam's Top Secret Journal: Book One - We Spy by Sean Adelman in exchange for an honest review no later than three weeks after you receive the book. Sam’s Top Secret Journal: We Spy is a fun middle-grade mystery filled with the adventures of Sam, a girl with Down syndrome.

Join Sam as she embarks on her first big adventure full of fun, suspense...and just the right amount of spying!

Sam is a middle school girl living a normal life-except when she is occasionally bullied for the differences kids perceive in her because she has Down syndrome. See how she and her brother John work together to find some stolen money, help a new friend and escape real danger in this exciting adventure!

Please consider reading and reviewing this exciting middle grade novel. If you would like to read and review Sam’s Top Secret Journal: We Spy, please email rebeccaberus@gmail.com or message Rebecca Berus on Goodreads.

message 7: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 5 comments We are offering a free e-book of the middle grade novel, Zero Is The Key by Robert Guerrera in exchange for an honest review no later than three weeks after you receive the book. Zero is the Key is a clean, family-friendly adventure story filled with magic and mystery.

When two young middle graders find themselves with new powers, they must learn how to use them and where the powers came from…

Declan and Dalya are two ordinary eighth graders out on a crisp autumn night, when they discover a sinkhole which leaves them with powers they cannot possibly explain. But when they realize that their lives are in grave danger, they embark upon a quest to find the source and purpose of their powers.

With riddles and clues, the twins are guided by a mysterious group of people to sites throughout Europe, Asia, and the Americas, where ancient secrets about the origin of the human race unfold before them, secrets that will change their lives forever.

Meanwhile, another more sinister group is hunting the twins at all cost.

Please consider reading and reviewing this captivating middle grade novel. If you would like to read and review Zero is the Key, please email rebeccaberus@gmail.com or send a message to Rebecca Berus on Goodreads.

message 8: by Neil (new)

Neil Pascale | 2 comments From my family to yours, a book of discovery and self-realization for middle graders called "Shine":

Katie Jackson is a 12-year-old pitching phenom who can't hit a ball anywhere nearly as well as she can throw it. A trip to the doctor reveals why, but comes with a startling discovery: She can now see a part of the world invisible to others. A world filled with vivid colors and fascinating creatures, not to mention problems that are suddenly thrust on the 7th grader. Problems that Katie believes are important to these normally divided worlds. But being a hero in one world may mean losing out on and off the team softball field in her normal world.

Catch it all in "Shine:" http://www.amazon.com/Shine-Mr-Neil-W...

message 9: by P.H.T. (new)

P.H.T. Bennet (phtbennet) | 1 comments We are offering a free e-book of the middle grade novel, Raising Sleeping Stones, by P.H.T. Bennet, in exchange for an honest review no later than three weeks after you receive the book. Raising Sleeping Stones is an exciting fantasy adventure that will show middle-grade readers how to open the doors to their own dreamworlds.

When sisters Kiva and DeeDee Stone discover a mysterious plot that threatens them and everything they care about, they have to take a crash course in the ancient art of DreamKeeping to survive. As two elder DreamKeepers lead them up the Varruvyen river to the Eyle of Return, they show the girls how to gain dream powers greater than anything they had ever imagined.

But can they become strong enough to face the monsters that haunt their dreams at night, strong enough to fight the enemies that draw nearer each day? The answer lies somewhere in the broken history of Orora Crona, the Valley of Dreams lost centuries ago, and whoever can piece it together first will rule for centuries to come.
Please consider reading and reviewing this captivating middle grade novel.

If you would like to read and review Raising Sleeping Stones, please email phtbennet@raisingstones.com or send a message to P.H.T. Bennet

Raising Sleeping Stones on Goodreads.

reply | flag *

message 10: by L. Sydney (new)

L. Sydney Abel | 1 comments Once again, I am giving away a signed paperback copy of Timothy Other: The boy who climbed Marzipan Mountain. Enter here and good luck!
https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sh...
Timothy Other The Boy Who Climbed Marzipan Mountain by L. Sydney Abel

message 11: by Gideon (new)

Gideon Rock (gideonrock) | 1 comments Hi all, check out my addition to American folklore. Groundhog Day desperately needs a fairytale, some villains, and a group of animals to save the day.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MGZB7DK

message 12: by Leon (new)

Leon Jane | 1 comments Hi, I have a short fantasy novella called Shadow Valley (100 pages - 26k words) which I am giving away for five days, 12th to 16th March (Pacific Standard Time).

I believe it's middle school appropriate, there are heroes, villains, good and evil, no bad language.

Please navigate via the Amazon store links below for the synopsis and book:

Australia: https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B07DNM8XNN
US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DNM8XNN
UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DNM8XNN

Thank you, I hope you like this one.

message 13: by D.M. (new)

D.M. Sears (dmsears) | 2 comments Hello all!

For your tween readers I humbly recommend my adventure series The Untimely Journey of Veronica T. Boone. (The second book in the series became a #1 Amazon bestseller last week, which I think is kind of funny because the first and third haven't risen that far yet. But I'm not complaining!) Laurentide Laurentide (The Untimely Journey of Veronica T. Boone #1) by D.M. Sears

Two girls, students at the same school but separated by 130 years, must work together to prevent a crime that allows evil-doers to travel through time and change history.

The books are positive about America, educational (with dozens of pictures explaining real-life characters and events), and focus on friendship and responsibility. Kids love the adventure and adults have praised how the books bring lesser-known people and history to life.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08...