Parents of Tweens (9-14) discussion

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diane (new)

Diane | 129 comments Mod
Do you have any ideas for the group? Please share them here.

message 2: by Diane (new)

Diane | 129 comments Mod
Here are some ideas. Let me know what you would be most interested in seeing or participating in:

*Monthly group reads and discussion
*Reading Challenges
*Information on content and age-appropriateness
*Lists of award-winning or award-nominated books
*Giveaways
*Information on sales/promotions for books, e-books, audiobooks, etc.
*Resource lists for parents and/or tweens
*Teacher resources

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Isenhoff (michelleisenhoff) I like the resources idea, probably because I'm a teacher/author involved in such. Just added a new thread under resources...

message 4: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (ntar2200) | 1 comments I'd like ideas/recommendation on age-appropriate books as I too, am a teacher (Grade 6). I'd be interested in world literature, as that reflects the global community... Thanks!

message 5: by Julie (new)

Julie Davis (tivo) Since I can't see the list, I like 3, 4 & 7 :)

message 6: by Sami Jo (new)

Sami Jo (samijolien) | 3 comments Love the ideas of reading challenges and monthly group reads and discussion.

A friend of mine is a teacher at a high school here in Denver, and just recently had an author visit her freshman english class. I know she was looking for more interactive opportunities with tweens, as well as their parents - so maybe that could be a possibility? Skype visits for the monthly discussion?

message 7: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Evans | 2 comments I'm new to the group, but as a teacher and a mom I'd love to see Teacher Resources, giveaways, and suggestions for books for boys who want funny, smart, exciting books.

message 8: by Diane (new)

Diane | 129 comments Mod
Welcome to the group, Sandra!