Parents of Tweens (9-14) discussion

Archives > New Moderator

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diane (new)

Diane | 129 comments Mod
Hello, my name is Diane and I have been a member of this group for a couple of years, but just stepped up as the new moderator. I was sad to see that there hadn't been any activity for a while and I hope to be able to change that.

I am a single parent of two tweens, a 5th grade boy and a 7th grade girl. For work, I am an odd hybrid of middle school teacher and registered nurse (if that makes any sense). I know there have been a few moderators over the last couple of years and that you may not view moderators as permanent things at this point. I hope that it is okay that I have stepped into the position and I promise to do my best to restore this group to it's former glory. I do have some experience in group moderation. I created and have been lovingly maintaining another group for the last 2 1/2 years. You are welcome to see my work in that group here: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/.... I look forward to discussing books with you.

If anyone would like to join me as co-moderator, let me know.

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Isenhoff (michelleisenhoff) Diane, this is awesome! I'm a former moderator of this group and couldn't make it work once I started homeschool and my fall/winter writing schedule. So I'm thrilled you've taken over! Welcome!

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Deckert | 1 comments Hi, Diane. Thanks so much for stepping up.

message 4: by Diane (new)

Diane | 129 comments Mod
Thank you for your support. :)

message 5: by Jackie (new)

Jackie | 6 comments Sounds great! New member as of today and am hoping this is an active group.

message 6: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Evans | 2 comments Thanks! I wish I'd found this group earlier. I'm looking forward to finding ways to get my 12 year old to experience the wonderful loss of time and stress and self that books brought me at that age.