For the love of Horror discussion

TV Shows > Helix

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new)

David Thirteen (davidjthirteen) I was just wondering if anyone else was watching SyFy's Helix and enjoying it?

Some truly brilliant sci-fi/horror - a little like Lost with genetically engineered zombies. Hard to believe it's on TV.

message 2: by Jason (new)

Jason Stewart | 18 comments Thanks for the recommendation!

message 3: by J.S. (new)

J.S. Watts | 86 comments I was very excited when I first heard about Helix, but I tried the first episode and didn't really get into it. It seemed to drag on for a very long time and follow a lot of the standard cliches/story lines of the genre. I'll no doubt kick myself when it turns into something wild and unusual, but there was not enough promise in the first episode (even with all the last minute hooks) to keep me watching.

message 4: by Katharine (new)

Katharine Francis (emilylarson) | 638 comments Mod
I love the show simply because it's about a group of people who are pretty much trapped and who will all be exposed to the virus. The "sick" people do come off a little like zombies though so that, to me, might be the only draw back. I also like how they have the episodes set up. That each episode is one day of their lives.

My favorite person on the show was the girl testing the monkeys and they kept disappearing on her.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I find Helix to be overly horny.

message 6: by David (new)

David Thirteen (davidjthirteen) Katherine,I agree the one episode being one day is a great device. And I love the isolation of the setting it definitely ramps up the stakes. It is too bad about Doreen, she (view spoiler) It's not the best show out there but there are so few serious representations of the horror genre on TV that it's nice to see this get some air time.

Aaron, I don't see that myself - but what ever turns you on!

message 7: by Katharine (new)

David wrote: "Katherine,I agree the one episode being one day is a great device. And I love the isolation of the setting it definitely ramps up the stakes. It is too bad about Doreen, she [spoilers removed] It'..."

Right! I was so mad! I want to know what's up with the eyes.

message 8: by David (new)

David Thirteen (davidjthirteen) Right! I was so mad! I want to know what's up with the eyes.

My current theory is that they're aliens and they are trying to find a way to turn humans into beings like themselves. When in doubt, blame aliens :)

message 9: by Katharine (new)

David wrote: "Right! I was so mad! I want to know what's up with the eyes.

My current theory is that they're aliens and they are trying to find a way to turn humans into beings like themselves. When in doubt,..."

hahaha it's the eyes that give it all away! But the ones with the eyes are the controllers.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I have eyes. I'm a controller.:)