Horror Aficionados discussion

48 views
Author/Publisher/Etc. Promotion > New Magazine; Tiny Tales of Terror

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Devlin (new)

Devlin Blake | 9 comments Hi there,
I am the editor of a new monthly horror magazine "Tiny Tales of Terror, The Magazine". We specialize in short stories of horror and suspense.

We are about to launch our first issue and we would like to share it with reviewers.

So if you are interested please give me a shout and we will take it from there. We are also open for submissions via the website http://www.tinytalesofterror.com/


message 2: by Alissa (new)

Alissa | 29 comments Hey Devlin, I would be interested in submitting a story. I have several and if I find one that I think would fit, I definitely will. I visited the website and read What you're looking for and Not but is there anything else that you would recommend as the editor? Anything in particular you were wanting to see in the submissions, general tips besides editing?


message 3: by Michael (new)

Michael Benavidez Question, if the story has been self-published in an ebook is it still okay to submit it, despite the rights belonging to the author. Hope that makes sense, thank you!


message 4: by Devlin (new)

Devlin Blake | 9 comments Michael wrote: "Question, if the story has been self-published in an ebook is it still okay to submit it, despite the rights belonging to the author. Hope that makes sense, thank you!"

Michael, you can only submit stories you have the rights to. We don't ask for first rights or anything like that.


message 5: by Devlin (new)

Devlin Blake | 9 comments Alissa wrote: "Hey Devlin, I would be interested in submitting a story. I have several and if I find one that I think would fit, I definitely will. I visited the website and read What you're looking for and Not b..."

Allissa, all the guidelines are there. Just keep in mind we are looking for twists. If you'd like a free issue you can go to
http://tinytalesofterror.com/freemaga...


message 6: by Michael (new)

Michael Benavidez Devlin wrote: "Michael wrote: "Question, if the story has been self-published in an ebook is it still okay to submit it, despite the rights belonging to the author. Hope that makes sense, thank you!"

Michael, yo..."


so -forgive me if I am repeating myself- I have complete rights over the current story I am thinking of submitting, it is on Amazon in Ebookk form, but no one else has the rights. that's still acceptable? I'm still quite new to this and am trying to make sure I have a handle on these details thank you for the patience haha


message 7: by Alissa (new)

Alissa | 29 comments Devlin wrote: "Alissa wrote: "Hey Devlin, I would be interested in submitting a story. I have several and if I find one that I think would fit, I definitely will. I visited the website and read What you're lookin..."
Thank you for the link. I like how the magazines set up and the content was even better.


message 8: by Devlin (last edited Feb 14, 2014 08:33AM) (new)

Devlin Blake | 9 comments Michael wrote: "Devlin wrote: "Michael wrote: "Question, if the story has been self-published in an ebook is it still okay to submit it, despite the rights belonging to the author. Hope that makes sense, thank you..."

Hi Michael,
I misunderstood. Basically, you're asking if we accept reprints. (original stories that have already been published.) The answer is Yes. We DO accept reprints. You can find out more about submissions here;

http://tinytalesofterror.com/submission


message 9: by J.M. (new)

J.M. Rankin (jmrankin) | 58 comments Hi Devlin,

Thanks for this link. I so wish I could write short fiction, but I seemed to be hard-wired to novels only :( However, as a copy-editor I do work for a lot of authors of short fiction (much of it horror) so I will definitely point them in your direction! I'm sure they'll appreciate it :)
Jacqui


message 10: by Wayne's (last edited Feb 15, 2014 10:47AM) (new)

Wayne's (waynesworld) | 115 comments I will give it a go.


message 11: by Devlin (new)

Devlin Blake | 9 comments We Now have our review site working. You can post your comments about the magazine here: http://tinytalesofterror.com/reviews

You can get your free issue here:
http://tinytalesofterror.com/freemaga...


message 12: by Devlin (new)

Devlin Blake | 9 comments J.M. wrote: "Hi Devlin,

Thanks for this link. I so wish I could write short fiction, but I seemed to be hard-wired to novels only :( However, as a copy-editor I do work for a lot of authors of short fiction (m..."


Thanks. We appreciate that.


message 13: by Allison (new)

Allison Whitmore (allisonwhitmore) Hi Devlin,

Your publication looks fantastic. I would love to contribute as well as pass it along to others. It seems to balance a classic horror feel with the contemporary. My only small peeve (forgive the writer in me) is the capitalization of the letter "O" in "of" in some places where you have your title. It's the editor in me. It notice that "of" is correctly not capitalized all over your site, but in the title and other places, it is capitalized, which isn't standard. I understand. Everyone has their typo thing, and a lot of people have stopped following the rule. I just think it sharpen your professional look if you keep it uniform and lower-case that letter.

Looking forward to your publication's great success.

Paulina


message 14: by Devlin (new)

Devlin Blake | 9 comments Thanks Paulina. I'll look into that. Definitely. I do want to be consistent.


message 15: by Michael (new)

Michael Benavidez Couple other questions.
I barely noticed the submission section in the bottom, do we go that route or do we submit through the email choice that I read in the submission section?

also, how long is a normal response time, if submitted correctly.


message 16: by Robert (new)

Robert Roberts (goodreadscomrobertroberts) Devlin,

Just downloaded the first copy of TTOT. Very impressive and I will definitely be submitting my short stories very soon. Great concept and super outlet for short horror story writers and readers.

Thanks and wish you the best.

Robert


message 17: by Devlin (last edited Feb 25, 2014 09:57AM) (new)

Devlin Blake | 9 comments Hi Michael,

Only the stories that get accepted are responded to. If yours doesn't get accepted, that doesn't mean we didn't like it, just that it didn't fit at this time. It might fit later. will contact you a few weeks before your story is ready to come out. We also still let you keep all rights. you can use the submission form or the email. They both go to the same place.


message 18: by Devlin (new)

Devlin Blake | 9 comments Robert wrote: "Devlin,

Just downloaded the first copy of TTOT. Very impressive and I will definitely be submitting my short stories very soon. Great concept and super outlet for short horror story writers and re..."


Thanks Robert, I really appreciate it.


message 19: by Michael (new)

Michael Benavidez Devlin wrote: "Hi Michael,

Only the stories that get accepted are responded to. If yours doesn't get accepted, that doesn't mean we didn't like it, just that it didn't fit at this time. It might fit later. will..."


Okay, thank you for the information! much appreciated


back to top