The Great YA Book Hunt discussion

NORTH: Search & Discover > Amazing Authors - Who are your faves?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tema (new)

Tema | 41 comments Mod
Who are your favourite authors and why?

message 2: by alyssa (new)

alyssa | 19 comments Rick Riordan- 'cause he is hilarious!
Patrick Ness- an absolute genius.
Victoria Schwab- her book Vicious was amazing!

message 3: by Tema (new)

Tema | 41 comments Mod
I read Vicious and loved it too!! Really looking forward to her new stuff like The Unbound. Definitely my author to watch at the moment.

Amen! Patrick Ness is a genius! I really hope we'll hear about a new YA coming from his mind sometime soon! More Than This was fantastic! He never fails to do something different in YA

message 4: by Becka (new)

Becka (becka_anne) My favourite authors change constantly. One that always stays though is 'J.K Rowling', though I only enjoy her YA books.

I have never read anything by Patrick Ness, but I have More Than This by Patrick Ness sat on my bookshelf waiting to be read at the moment.

message 5: by Tema (new)

Tema | 41 comments Mod
You should definitely read it! I know you want to try other books that aren't dystopias but if you're keen in fitting in another superb series I absolutely recommend The Knife of Never Letting Go.

My fave authors tend to stay the same but obviously if a new author i pick up comes along and I really enjoy their work then they'll make my 'list', which looks a bit like this:
- Enid Blyton = My childhood
- Patrick Ness
- Rick Riordon
- Megan Whalen Turner
- Agatha Christie - not because all her books are amazing but I enjoy coming back to read her from time to time

Authors who may make the list very soon/I've got my eye on them:
- Victoria Schwab
- Melina Marchetta

message 6: by alyssa (new)

alyssa | 19 comments I really enjoyed Megan Whalen Turner's Thief series and once I'm done I'm pretty sure she'll be at the top of my list!
I'm planning to read Melina Marhetta's Lumatere Chronicles because my sisters say they are amazing.