Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Beta reader wanted for women's fiction

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ceri Elin (new)

Ceri Elin Anwen (CeriElinAnwen) I have just completed my novel, Hindsight, and would really love to have several people beta read it.
Set in a small town in the Welsh valleys in 1974, the story is about a 16-year-old girl who discovers she is pregnant. Forced by her mother, and convention, to marry the father of her unborn child, a chain of events is set in motion that echoes down the years and tears a family apart.
The novel contains some disturbing scenes

It's just over 100k words.

Please let me know if anyone is interested.

message 2: by Gillian (new)

Gillian | 18 comments It sounds interesting. I have a lot on my plate at the moment, but if you would be interested in trading with reading half my memoir (about 40,000+ words) and are not in too much of a hurry, email me at tjmckee54@hotmail.com.

message 3: by Ceri Elin (new)

Ceri Elin Anwen (CeriElinAnwen) Thank you, Gillian. I would love to trade! As soon as I'm near my computer I'll send you an email.

message 4: by Trisha (new)

Trisha | 38 comments Ceri,
Hindsight sounds wonderful. Would you be willing to trade? I recently completed my first novel and need feedback. I read on your profile you like gritty, down-to-earth novels, and thought you might be interested in mine. If you're interested, I can send you a synopsis and/or a PDF.
Best,
Trisha

message 5: by Ceri Elin (new)

Ceri Elin Anwen (CeriElinAnwen) I'd love to bet read your book.Trisha. Send it to cerielinanwen@aol.co.uk and I'll send you mine by return. Let me know if there is anything specific you want me to comment on.

message 6: by Ceri Elin (new)

Ceri Elin Anwen (CeriElinAnwen) Would anyone else be interested in beta reading for me? Please message me if you are.