The Outsmilers discussion

Books > Book Quotes

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel , Addicted Blogger (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) | 2668 comments Mod
What are your favorite book quotes?

message 2: by Cassie, I am Haunted by Humans (new)

Cassie (lunaluv934) | 6389 comments Mod
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live. - Dumbledore
It does not matter that someone is born, but what they grow up to be. - Dumbledore
It is our choices that define who we are, far more than our abilities. -Dumbledore
Understanding is the first step to acceptance. And with only acceptance can there be recovery. -Dumbledore
Numbing the pain only makes it feel worse when you finally feel it. - Dumbledore
Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light. -Dumbledore

I prob got some wrong....but old Dumby has da best quotes XD

message 3: by Izzy, Stoker. (last edited Feb 11, 2014 10:13PM) (new)

Izzy (izzybookholics) | 3317 comments Mod
“I'm just that awesome.” —Daemon Black. XPP

message 4: by Cassie, I am Haunted by Humans (new)

Bwahahaha!! XDD

message 5: by Izzy, Stoker. (new)

*winks*

message 6: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) “Oh, Cato . . . Lorenzo knew nothing of Giuliano’s murder until we brought him here. No one dared tell him in the cathedral. He thought . . . he thought Giuliano was still in his bed, safe from all harm. When Lorenzo was secured here he told me to bring him his brother.” Botticelli covered his face with both hands and choked into them. “It was I who told him Giuliano was dead!”

Yeah that made me cry.

message 7: by Matt (new)

Matt Jones Because I know there are people who say all these things don’t happen. And there are people who forget what it’s like to be sixteen when they turn seventeen. I know these will all be stories some day, and our pictures will become old photographs. We all become somebody’s mom or dad. But right now, these moments are not stories. This is happening. I am here, and I am looking at her. And she is so beautiful. I can see it. This one moment when you know you’re not a sad story. You are alive. And you stand up and see the lights on the buildings and everything that makes you wonder. And you’re listening to that song, and that drive with the people who you love most in this world. And in this moment, I swear, we are infinite.

message 8: by Julia (new)

Julia | 3977 comments One of the best quotes ever XD :
“Let us find the dam snack bar," Zoe said. "We should eat while we can."
Grover cracked a smile. "The dam snack bar?"
Zoe blinked. "Yes. What is funny?"
"Nothing," Grover said, trying to keep a straight face. "I could use some dam french fries."
Even Thalia smiled at that. "And I need to use the dam restroom."
I started cracking up, and Thalia and Grover joined in, while Zoe just looked at me. "I do not understand."
"I want to use the dam water fountain," Grover said.
"And..." Thalia tried to catch her breath. "I want to buy a dam t-shirt.”

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

XD That was hilarious

message 10: by Julia (new)

Julia | 3977 comments I know, right! XD

message 11: by Cassie, I am Haunted by Humans (new)

XDD I remember that

message 12: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Be as thou wast wont to be
See as thou wast want to see
-William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night's Dream

I was adored once too.
(and)
Many a good hanging prevents a bad marriage.
-William Shakeaspare, Twelfe Night

What is it that had caught your interest so and makes you lag behind?' My master [Virgil] asked, 'What do you care of they are whispering? Keep up with mr and let those people talk! Be like a solid tower, whose brave height remains unmoved by the winds that blow: the man who lets his thoughts be turned aside by one thing or another will lose sight of his true goal, his mind sapped of it's strength.
-Dante Alighieri, Pugatorio

But what is done is done,
and there's no changing that
-Lorenzo da Ponte, Una Cosa Rara (also requoted by Emperor Joseph II)

Frank Master wasn't really her lover yet. Though he didn't quite know it, he was still on trial. She found him intelligent, kindly, somewhat ignorant of opera, but maybe improvable.
(and)
"Never mind," Gertchen said with a smile, "you'll have to be pagan today."
(and)
“Oh Lord, we thank Thee for this thy gift of lobster Newburg. And grant us also, if it be Thy will, control of the Hudson Ohio Railroad."
"But we ain't wanting control of the Hudson Ohio," Sean softly objected.
"True," said Gabriel Love, "but the Almighty doesn't need to know that yet."

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I probably didn't word this correctly, but it's something along the lines of this:

"Don't die."Minho's face was straight and emotionless.
"Great. We're all bloody inspired."Newt said.

-The Maze Runner

message 14: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) "Miss, you are seventy-two percent noble and don't have a cent. Whether or not you marry the greatest lord in South America - who has an extraordinarily handsome mustache - is entirely up to you."
-Voltaire's Candide

message 15: by Georgina (new)

Georgina Monk | 12 comments To die of love is to live by it

Should we continue to look upwards?is the light we can see in the sky one if those that will presently be extinguished?The ideal is terrifying to behold,lost as it is in the depths,small,isolated,a pinpoint,brilliant but threatened on all sides by the dark forces that surround it; nevertheless no more in danger than a star in the jaw of clouds

I believe I was a little on love with you .

Where will enjoyment end?Also on oblivion but we shall have enjoyed.In the end,whatever you do, oblivion is waiting.

Is there not in every human soul , an essential spark, an element of the divine , indestructible in this world and immortal in the next which goodness can preserve , nourish and fan into a glorious flame and which evil can never quite extinguish?

All from Les Miserables.

Captain Cheesecake (cheesecakeisawesome) that's the thing about pain. it demmads to be felt"
Gussy Waters

Captain Cheesecake (cheesecakeisawesome) :(

message 18: by Bridgette (new)

Bridgette Peeta- "Whats your favorite color?"

Katniss- "You've stepped over the line."

Will- "Halt, can I ask you a question?"

Halt- "You just did."

Will- "I was just thinking..."

Halt- "You're an apprentice, your not alloud to think."

Fang- "Wow, Max! Your heavy! Have you been eating rocks?"

Max- "Why, is your head missing some?"

Gazzy- "I vil now destroy ze znickers barz!"

message 19: by Agus (new)

Agus | 9 comments "In freedom most people find sin" and "Ignorance is bliss" both from Tfios.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

"In my head, it worked out perfectly. In my head, everyone was happy..." The Selection (Cass 53).

I don't know why, but that quote really got to me.

message 21: by Cassie, I am Haunted by Humans (new)

Im just doing the best I can under the circumstances ;)

message 22: by Xandra (new)

Xandra (literary-legionnaire) | 9296 comments "It was like watching Paul Bunyan make out with one of those It's a Small World dolls"
- Eleanor and Park

message 23: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (Poffium) | 103 comments “Sometimes it seemed as if his whole life was an exercise in waiting; not waiting to leave, exactly, but simply waiting to go. He felt like one of those fish that had the capacity to grow in unimaginable ways if only the tank were big enough. But his tank had always been small, and as much as he loved his home—as much as he loved his family—he’d always felt himself bumping up against the edges of his own life."

- Jennifer E. Smith. “The Geography of You and Me.”

This really relates to me.

message 24: by Xandra (new)

Xandra (literary-legionnaire) | 9296 comments "Holding Eleanor's hand was like holding a butterfly. Or a heartbeat. Like holding something complete, and completely alive."
- Eleanor and Park

message 25: by Chris (new)

Chris Christodoulou *whispers* "I see dead people"

Chris

message 26: by ✯ Nikki ✯, Am I really even a mod? (new)

✯ Nikki ✯ | 1823 comments Mod
"Right. Two plus two. I'm all over that sh*t." -
Lee Walter from My Life With The Walter Boys

message 27: by Tia, Nothing good happens after 2 am (new)

Tia (tia_jenkins) | 6331 comments Mod
"I will rip off your nose and shove it up your a** if you ever look at me like that again!"
-Raven from Anchor's Aweigh ;)

message 28: by Cassie, I am Haunted by Humans (new)

@Allie XDD

message 29: by Iara (new)

Iara | 59 comments To die, to sleep; to sleep, perchance to dream: ay! there is the rub for in that sleep of death what dreams may come - Hamlet

So, this is my life and I want you to know that I'm both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be - The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Are you implying thet shreds of my reputation remain intact? Clearly, I have been doing something wrong. Or not doing something wrong, as the case may be. Thomas! We must away at once to the nearest brothel! I seek scandal and low companionship - Clockwork Angel

message 30: by Lostgirl8510 (new)

Lostgirl8510 “So, Acheron," Kyrian said, hijacking their conversation. "What happened to your car? I saw the busted fender on it. How unlike you to crash into anything."

Nick cringed as Acheron turned towards him with an arched brow.

"Hey now," Nick said, holding his hands up in defence of himself, "it was not my fault.I was minding my own business when the trash can went suicidal, came out of nowhere, and jumped in front of the car."

"It was on the curb, Nick," Ash said drily. "Along with a number of screaming pedestrians, running for their lives."

"That's your story. I'm sticking to mine... And there ought to be a law about homicidal trash cans, and fines for people who put them on the street. They're really dangerous.... Just saying.”
― Sherrilyn Kenyon, Inferno

message 31: by Ron (new)

Ron Scheer | 28 comments This is from one of the Witch and Wizard books by Patterson

"The guard did his impression of a dashboard mounted bobble-head in a dune buggy."

message 32: by Natasha ♥ (new)

Natasha ♥ (tashiea) | 1833 comments "I am haunted by humans"

message 33: by Cassie, I am Haunted by Humans (new)

Natasha ~ Faces in the Wind ~ wrote: ""I am haunted by humans""

<333 That's my email signature xD People are probably confused whenever they receive something from me

message 34: by Natasha ♥ (new)

Natasha ♥ (tashiea) | 1833 comments MissOddball (Shadowraith's Apprentice) wrote: "Natasha ~ Faces in the Wind ~ wrote: ""I am haunted by humans""

<333 That's my email signature xD People are probably confused whenever they receive something from me"

I love that quote so much! <3 I'd totally get your email. :P :D

message 35: by Pelican G. (new)

Pelican G. (ilovebrackenfur) | 258 comments Ermagherd... A place for me to quote Warriors 'til my eyes fall out...

message 36: by Izzy, Stoker. (new)

Whoa big smiley alert O.o

message 37: by Izzy, Stoker. (new)

“What are you doing?”
Celaena lifted another piece of paper. “If His Pirateness can’t be bothered to clean for us, then I don’t see why I can’t have a look.”
“He’ll be here any second,” Sam hissed. She picked up a flattened map, examining the dots and markings along the coastline of their continent. Something small and round gleamed beneath the map, and she slipped it into her pocket before Sam could notice.
“Oh, hush,” she said, opening the hutch on the wall adjacent to the desk. “With these creaky floors, we’ll hear him a mile off.” The hutch was crammed with rolled scrolls, quills, the odd coin, and some very old, very expensive-looking brandy. She pulled out a bottle, swirling the amber liquid in the sunlight streaming through the tiny porthole window. “Care for a drink?”

—Assassin's Blade, Sarah J. Maas

Behehhehe......XD

message 38: by Donata (new)

Donata | 161 comments god i loved that scene! :o
...Sam... :'(

message 39: by beth (new)

beth (beth01) | 3530 comments "My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations".

message 40: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (audreybooklover) "If you were half as funny as you thought you were my boy, you'd be twice as funny as you are," Madam Dorothy from City of Bones.

message 41: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 1359 comments “What if life could be this way? Only the happy parts, none of the terrible, not even the mildly unpleasant. What if we could just cut out the bad and keep the good? This is what I want to do with Violet - give her only the good, keep away the bad, so that good is all we ever have around us.” -- Theodore Finch, All the Bright Places

message 42: by Isaac (new)

Isaac | 2 comments Not all who wander are lost

The world is out there not on a map

Many that live deserve to die and many that die deserve to live

All that we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us

Little by little one travels far