The Outsmilers discussion

Books > Book Rants

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel , Addicted Blogger (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) | 2668 comments Mod
Always so enjoyable to read, post your best book rants here ;)

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

*grins slowly* Angelfire rant

message 3: by Izzy, Stoker. (new)

Izzy (izzybookholics) | 3317 comments Mod
Oh no.......XP

message 4: by Tia, Nothing good happens after 2 am (new)

Tia (tia_jenkins) | 6331 comments Mod
Miss Amazingness wrote: "*grins slowly* Angelfire rant"

That was perfection XD

message 5: by Rachel , Addicted Blogger (new)

I seriously have no idea what came over me. I just realized how mad I was at this novella XD

Please excuse this fangirl-is-angry-don't-mess-with-her rant.

I seriously don't know where to start with this novella. Honestly, it just made me VERY mad. First of all, everyone says "You're Team Maxon right?" Of course I am!! There is no Team Aspen. There's either Team Maxon or there's Team NOT Maxon. No one actually likes Aspen. He's just a self-centered guy who's cocky and arrogant and only cares about himself and his family. Throughout this book he always thinks that he's 100% correct about everything. And everyone in the palace fawning over him and saying what a bright star he is doesn't help shrink his huge ego any bit. He has rigid opinions on everything and refuses to be swayed. It's ridiculous. HE'S ridiculous. How America likes him or what she sees in him I will never know. Then again, America Singer isn't the brightest girl on the block. I despised her in "The Elite" and even more so in this novella. Aspen is badmouthing Maxon, and America does nothing!! She doesn't defend Maxon or tell Aspen that he's wrong about Maxon. She just agrees with whatever Aspen says and takes it like it's the freaking word of God. And Aspen calls Maxon an actor and says that he's actually a really bad person (takes one to know one), I was just thinking, I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK ASPEN LEGER. I DON'T CARE. GET OFF THE BOOK'S PAGES AND GIVE ME MAXON!! And America keeps messing around with Aspen behind Maxon's back?! That is so low, and does she not remember what just happened to her friend Marlee?! Talk about inconsiderate and stupid and foolish. And Aspen, he claims that he loves her yet he's putting her in so much danger by pursuing her. If Aspen really loved her, he'd let her go. But he won't because he is a selfish adolescent who wants everything. If I hear Aspen call America "my girl" one more time I might just reach into the book and slap him so hard he sees stars. She is NOT your girl. You dumped her and now you want her back when she's suddenly all rich and high caste and famous?! Aspen is really naive and foolish if he can't see the sparks between America and Maxon. Stop. Pining. Over. America. I also love how Aspen talks about Maxon like he knows Maxon so well, like their best buds and that Aspen knows everything about Maxon. No he does not!! They haven't even spoken two words to each other!! I feel as though Kiera Cass has tried and failed to turn people over to Team Aspen, and she failed to make people think that Aspen's great, because he's not. Cass basically just threw Aspen at us and said "Hey!! Like him!! He's wonderful!! I just realized that I created the weakest love triangle in existence of any YA series so I'm gonna make it up to my readers now by giving the illusion of a strong love triangle since my series has nothing else to offer." Aspen's POV was so dull and boring, and I just hate him so much. I was begging for just one or two lines from my dearest Maxon. My brain can only take Aspen's stupidity and self-righteousness for so long.

Well I'd like to apologize for whatever I just wrote. I am fed up. *crosses arms and taps foot*

I am SO excited for The One though!!

message 6: by Madeline (new)

Madeline (madelinepaigehowlett) Miss Perfection™ (Rachel) wrote: "I seriously have no idea what came over me. I just realized how mad I was at this novella XD

I seriously don't know where to start ..."

I didn't know you had so much pent up anger duckling! O.o Tell us how you REALLY feel *giggles*

message 7: by Rachel , Addicted Blogger (new)

Miss Madness Herondale wrote: "I didn't know you had so much pent up anger duckling! O.o Tell us how you REALLY feel *giggles* "

XD Well this angry duckling is finally going to sleep now. Night Mads <3

message 8: by Madeline (new)

Madeline (madelinepaigehowlett) Miss Perfection™ (Rachel) wrote: "Miss Madness Herondale wrote: "I didn't know you had so much pent up anger duckling! O.o Tell us how you REALLY feel *giggles* "

XD Well this angry duckling is finally going to sleep now. Night Ma..."

*grins* goodnight darling. Love you :D

message 9: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 16, 2014 09:47PM) (new)

Miss Perfection™ (Rachel) wrote: "I seriously have no idea what came over me. I just realized how mad I was at this novella XD

I seriously don't know where to start ..."

WOW!

What an awesome Rant

message 10: by Rachel , Addicted Blogger (new)

message 11: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Ok excuse me for this.

Dear Girolamo Savonarola

Do you know how much you ruined Florence? I mean, really. NOT ONLY did you make everyone BORING but you also killed LORENZO DE' MEDICI!!!!!!!!!!!! Hello, it's your fault he died (other than that gout ran in the family)! You like ruined my life. You make me sad. YOUR MOTHER WAS A DOMENICAN HAMSTER AND YOUR FATHER SMELT OF ELDERBERRIES. I blow my nose at you, so-called prophet; I fart in your general direction. Now go hang yourself from the side of Palazzo Vecchio before I taunt you a second time!

With love,
Emma Iadanza

(Taunts and offenses courtesy of Monty Python)

message 12: by Natasha S ♥ (new)

Natasha S ♥ (tashieasmiles) | 1833 comments I'm having a book depression. About Allegent. SHE DIES! HOW CAN SHE DIE?!?!?! I love, but hate Veronica Roth. She's horrible. But Amazing. I'm crying. And Screaming. And smiling. How is this possible? I need help.

message 13: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Clam yourself. You can always change that in the world if fan fiction!!!

message 14: by Rachel , Addicted Blogger (new)

Emma wrote: "Clam yourself. You can always change that in the world if fan fiction!!!"

XD So true

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay question: what the heck is wrong with Aspen? Just saying. He's like...Gale. And Maxon is like Peeta. I hate them both.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

-high fives Ellie- (I'm late..) XDD

Okay this is my the Elite rant:

Aspen:
THE HECK ARE YOU?! WHAT ARE YOU? MAXON LEAVES AND YOU SEND AMERICA A GODS DAMN NOTE SAYING: "MAXON'S GONE. THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING." NO STFU. IT DOESNT CHANGE ANYTHING YOU FEMALE DOG. GODS DAMN YOU. DIE ALREADY.

Maxon:
You love America right? YOU LOVE HER RIGHT?! SO WHY ARE YOU SLOBBERING ALL OVER CELESTE?! YOU FEMALE DOG. GODS DAMN YOU. STOP BEING SUCH A WIMP AND STAND UP TO YOUR FATHER. HE FREAKING ABUSES YOU AND YOU TAKE IT?! YOU SHOULD'VE DONE SOMETHING WHEN MARLEE WAS BEING CANED. MY GODS.

America:
STOP BEING AN INDECISIVE FEMALE DOG AND CHOOSE A MAN ALREADY. YOU GET MAD AT MAXON FOR KISSING CELESTE BUT WHO'S THE FEMALE DOG WHO'S MAKING OUT WITH ASPEN BEHIND THE PRINCE'S BACK?! FEMALE DOG. DAMN YOU.

Gods, I hate this book. -_-

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree on everything you just said

message 18: by Cassie, I am Haunted by Humans (new)

Cassie (lunaluv934) | 6389 comments Mod
XDDD YESSSSS