Young Adult Contemporary Romance discussion

❤ ARCHIVES > DELETED.

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika (last edited Feb 15, 2014 08:02PM) (new)

Erika | 9482 comments I am not crazy about them in real life, but I'm a sucker for them in books. It can also be frustrating because , seriously why does one girl get two handsome men after her? Life is so unfair. So having said that, I love the type where you are not sure which one the girl should end up with. My first encounter with a love triangle that had me hook, line, and sinker was, The Summer I Turned Pretty Trilogy The Summer I Turned Pretty; It's Not Summer Without You; We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han . I couldn't say which would make me jump, but I'd like one with a girl who isn't poor me, poor me, because really poor you??? Yea, I could do with that problem.

message 2: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments I did, but I felt like there really wasn't a choice. I always knew it was Edward. Being with Jacob would of been settling. What is your favorite love triangle?

message 3: by Erika (last edited Feb 16, 2014 03:42AM) (new)

Erika | 9482 comments I haven't read that one. What I like? I don't know I've never really thought about it. I guess the drama of it all. If there is a well written one, I like when I'm routing for both of them. It makes the book more interesting because 1) I'm not disappointed and 2) I haven't figured it out and I like that.

message 4: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments What do you like most?

message 5: by Vega_girl (new)

Vega_girl | 6624 comments My two favorite love triangles are Taking Chances (Taking Chances, #1) by Molly McAdams and Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi . Both of these triangles are very hard choices and who they wind up with and how they get there is insane to me!!

message 6: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments Vega_girl wrote: "My two favorite love triangles are Taking Chances (Taking Chances, #1) by Molly McAdams and Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi. Both of these triangles are very hard choices and who they wind up with and how they get..."I

If you had to pick one, which would you pick Taking Chances (Taking Chances, #1) by Molly McAdams or Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi and why?

message 7: by Vega_girl (new)

Vega_girl | 6624 comments Tista wrote: "Vega_girl wrote: "My two favorite love triangles are Taking Chances (Taking Chances, #1) by Molly McAdams and Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi. Both of these triangles are very hard choices and who they wind up wit..."

I would love to read your new release!

message 8: by Susan (new)

Susan Molly McAdams just breaks my heart with her love triangles!

Stealing Harper (Taking Chances, #2) by Molly McAdams

message 9: by Vega_girl (new)

Vega_girl | 6624 comments I don't think I could choose because they are amazing in completely different ways!! Taking Chances (Taking Chances, #1) by Molly McAdams is cry your eyes out awesome....and Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi is self discovery..... I can say because of the emotion involved I can't read Taking Chances again where I could read Shatter Me over and over...

message 10: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments I really didn't like who she ended up with in Taking Chances (Taking Chances, #1) by Molly McAdams so not a favorite of mine. I will have to put Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi on my TBR list.

message 11: by Vega_girl (last edited Apr 13, 2014 06:49PM) (new)

Vega_girl | 6624 comments I liked who she ended up with just not how they wound up together. Another great love triangle is The premonition series. Incendiary (The Premonition, #4) by Amy A. Bartol The bad guy in this one is my favorite. He is the Loki of the Fea.

message 12: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments Sounds good, I'll have to look into them.

message 13: by Joi (new)

Joi | 23 comments I like love triangles when they are done correctly. I don't like love triangles when it it is just there. I feel like a love triangle gives the reader an opportunity to get to know characters better and I like that. It gives you more information to allow the reader to pick a "team", a guy or girl that they wish the main character to be with, to join.

message 14: by Krystle (new)

Krystle Hubbard | 44 comments I don't like love triangles because I have a hard time choosing who she should love or date and then when someone gets picked I feel bad for the other or I get sad because it's not who I want lol

message 15: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments Love triangles are tricky. I feel some authors know who they want you to like and write the novel to lead you down that road.

message 16: by Sevasti (new)

Sevasti Konstantinidou | 24 comments I'm not a big fan of love triangles.I don't want the main character to behave bad to the other two while he/she has doubts.Of course ,there are some good love triangles.It depends on the writer.

message 17: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments What are your favorites?

message 18: by Krystle (new)

Krystle Hubbard | 44 comments I like the selection triangle I mean it was soooo cute and adorable

message 19: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments I haven't read that, I'll have to check it out

message 20: by Sevasti (new)

Sevasti Konstantinidou | 24 comments The selection triangle was a good one.I prefer love triangles were I know with whom I want the main character to end up ,like Twilight (team Edward here!)It is fastreting when I don't know who to choose and I feel like the main character will be incomplete with either of them, like Hunger Games (nobody's team)

message 21: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments Really? I always loved Peeta. Have you read The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1) by Jenny Han series?

message 22: by Georgia (new)

Georgia | 73 comments If I had to pick a love triangle I'd say Thoughtless It is mind-blowing!I've heard very nice things about The Summer I turned pretty.I was actually considering reading it..What do you guys think?

message 23: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments I liked Thoughtless (Thoughtless, #1) by S.C. Stephens series. The love triangle was different I think then The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1) by Jenny Han . I prefer The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1) by Jenny Han series. I don't want to give anything away Georgia except I'll say this, The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1) by Jenny Han is more YA and Thoughtless (Thoughtless, #1) by S.C. Stephens is NA. Let me know what you think.

message 24: by Georgia (new)

Georgia | 73 comments I cannot really compare these two series,because I have not read The Summer I Turned Pretty.I really enjoyed thoughtless though..Actually I own The Summer I Turned Pretty but I never really got my hands on it.Guess it is time I should! :)

message 25: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments Georgia wrote: "I cannot really compare these two series,because I have not read The Summer I Turned Pretty.I really enjoyed thoughtless though..Actually I own The Summer I Turned Pretty but I never really got my ..."

Yes please read it. I'd love to talk about it!

message 26: by Travis (new)

Travis Neighbor Ward (travisneighborward) | 1 comments Erika wrote: "I am not crazy about them in real life, but I'm a sucker for them in books. It can also be frustrating because , seriously why does one girl get two handsome men after her? Life is so unfair. So ..."

I really loved this book, too! It was very well written. Have you read any others by this author?

message 27: by Erika (new)

Erika | 9482 comments Yes, Jenny Han has two more series, she just started one To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1) by Jenny Han , this is the first book in the series and the second isn't out yet.
Then she is co-writing Burn for Burn (Burn for Burn, #1) by Jenny Han , the first two books are out and the third one has not been released yet.
They are very different from The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1) by Jenny Han , and it's still my favorite!