What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > Velvety book cover, ya/children's series, fantasy /s

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lily (new)

Lily | 9 comments I read a series of books about ten years ago, though I don't think they were that new when I read them. I think each title started with Dead... or Deadly..... They all had brightly coloured velvet feel covers. There was a red, green and purple one (and possibly black). They had no description on them, just the title.
I think I found them in the kid's/ya section.
I can't remember much of the plot. I think they were about a family with magic. There was definitely a brother and sister. I think there were magical creatures as well, (possibly the Loch Ness monster)
Any help would be much appreciated, I know there isn't much to go on! This series pops up in my mind all the time for some reason!

message 2: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2322 comments Nor the series by Isobelle Carmody...?

message 3: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2322 comments Legend of Little Fur series. Probably doesn't match but has velvety covers.

message 4: by Lily (new)

Lily | 9 comments No, that's not it, thanks though!

message 5: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2322 comments Try worldcat.org advanced search year range juvenile fiction book English, try dead in title then try deadly.

message 6: by Sue (last edited Feb 11, 2014 11:00PM) (new)

Sue Elleker | 800 comments 'Pure Dead Magic' and sequels, by Debi Gliori.

message 7: by Lily (new)

Lily | 9 comments Yes! That's it, thank you so much :) I'll have to go hunt the down now and see if they were actually as good as I remember!

message 8: by Lily (new)

Lily | 9 comments I'm not sure how to move this to 'solved' while on my tablet....

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39275 comments Mod
Pure Dead Magic for Sue's link.

message 10: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Lily--you can't do it on a tablet. You have to be at an actual computer to do that. Smartphones don't let you do it either. GR needs to get the programmers on the job and have them fix the apps, don't they? :o) (I've also taken care of moving this for you.)

message 11: by Lily (new)

Lily | 9 comments Thank you :)