YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Alienated (Alienated, #1)
This topic is about Alienated
BUDDY READ: Dystopian/Sci-Fi > Alienated by Melissa Landers - Restarting August 9th 2015

Comments Showing 1-50 of 127 (127 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Join Aarati, Neha and me in reading this newly released book. :D

Neha (neha71580) | 536 comments Oh my goodness thankyou so much!

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments I'll join :) I have a lot going on that week so I might read slow but I'm in

message 4: by Aarati (new) - added it

Aarati | 296 comments I'll join, but I may start a day or two after you guys.

Tessa | 1951 comments Same as Aarati.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Same as Tessa/Aarati. I will try start the 20th!!

Neha (neha71580) | 536 comments Can't wait to read it, but I gotta wait a bit :P. By the way it just has 27 chapters (or so I've known) which, I don't know, seems a little short to me, don't you think?

message 8: by Noella (last edited Feb 20, 2014 01:22AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Looks like the chapters average about 10 pages? Sounds about right to me. Ignite me had like 80 chapters if I recall correctly but that's because the chappies were short XD Will start soon~

Neha (neha71580) | 536 comments Awesome. I'll be reading 5 chapters a day (and 7 chapters on 25th). I'm gonna start it now..i'll report later :D

message 10: by Neha (new) - rated it 3 stars

Neha (neha71580) | 536 comments First five chapters- Interesting plot, and story is treading well. It isn't much detailed though, like the days and hours are speeding like a blur, which is a good strategy if there are 27 chapters. I really like the characters, and in the starting it is already hinted that something bad's gonna happen, which is a good formula for every book so no one is surprised :P. I'm not really attached to the book yet, like I'm not that curious to know what's gonna happen next, but its interesting enough to not make me stop reading.
I think I might like this book if I read it furthur..

message 11: by Neha (new) - rated it 3 stars

Neha (neha71580) | 536 comments Now, I've kinda broke my own rule by reaching upto Chapter 16. I COUDN'T PUT IT DOWN! And I'm not a patient reader soo...

Anyways, My prediction was Corrrect! I'm really liking this book. (view spoiler)
Alrighty I've blabbed a lot! I hope I DON'T finish the book tomorrow :P. And I wanna know your views too. Believe me it's pretty interesting to read :).

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey! Sorry I'm late but I'm starting today!! I will read as I have time and later tonight I hope to catch up.

message 13: by Noella (last edited Feb 22, 2014 03:36AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Page 70 / First 5 chapters
(view spoiler)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments @Neha Oo glad you're enjoying it! Hope I like it more and more as I continue :)

message 15: by Neha (last edited Feb 22, 2014 06:35AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Neha (neha71580) | 536 comments Noella wrote: "Page 70 / First 5 chapters (view spoiler)

(view spoiler)

message 16: by Tessa (last edited Feb 22, 2014 07:31AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Tessa | 1951 comments I also started reading this and I'm sorry to say, but I'm not that impressed. So far it feels like the Lux series that, despite having a total geek fall for a hot guy, had no depths whatsoever. Cardboard characters put together in a overly used story. Why is her boyfriend a dick? Why is her best friend a sassy girlfriend? Really, these characters are such painful stereotypes that I'm starting to feel less excited for the story now. I hope it will be decent. So far it looks more like a high-school drama than an actual SF.

Also, she would prefer if her parent would hate each other than display affection in front of her. No honey, you wouldn't. Only a spoiled brat who hasn't see the constant pain such a relationship can bring to a household could say something so insensitive. I know the author is trying to be funny, but she's doing it wrong...

message 17: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 22, 2014 06:32PM) (new)

Neha (Athena) (Queen Elinor) wrote: "First five chapters- Interesting plot, and story is treading well. It isn't much detailed though, like the days and hours are speeding like a blur, which is a good strategy if there are 27 chapters..."

I just finished the first 5 chapters. I like most of the main characters. I was glad when (view spoiler).

I like it so far.

message 18: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 22, 2014 06:36PM) (new)

Noella wrote: "Page 70 / First 5 chapters

I agree the pages are so easy to just read and flip and flip and flip. It goes by so fast.

(view spoiler)

@Tessa I think almost all the popular new books have the female with a boyfriend who is prick at first. They the so called "good one" comes later in the book.

message 19: by Neha (new) - rated it 3 stars

Neha (neha71580) | 536 comments @lindsey if you like it now you're gonna like it even more in the next chapters.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Neha (Athena) (Queen Elinor) wrote: "@lindsey if you like it now you're gonna like it even more in the next chapters."

I'm glad. I jumping right back in.

message 21: by Noella (last edited Feb 22, 2014 07:45PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments @Tessa
The typical asshole boyfriend and best friend who's sassier than the main character. I agree it's so overused! It feels like the main character shares no interests with the friend. Sigh~

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Up to chapter 10
(view spoiler)

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

@Tessa and @Noella what made me really mad about the friends was the fact they told her to pick at first. And the boyfriend was all I like "he must go." Like really what a bossy pants.

message 24: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 23, 2014 12:37AM) (new)

Up to chapter 10

(view spoiler)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Chapter 11
(view spoiler)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments End of chapter 13
(view spoiler)

message 27: by Neha (new) - rated it 3 stars

Neha (neha71580) | 536 comments Upto chapter 22 (view spoiler)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Page 226
(view spoiler)

message 29: by Neha (new) - rated it 3 stars

Neha (neha71580) | 536 comments @Noella Lol i know right?

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

So I'm done. And loved it.

Anyone watching Star-Crossed on The CW? Cause it reminds me of this.

More to come. I'm on my phone

message 31: by Neha (new) - rated it 3 stars

Neha (neha71580) | 536 comments I'm done too. (view spoiler)

message 32: by Noella (last edited Feb 24, 2014 09:43PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments @Lindsey
I'm watching Starcrossed too haha :D There's a few similarities what with the protests and the aliens assimilating in high school.

Hoping to finish this book today and discuss further~

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

@Noella Since there as only been two episodes (counting tonight's) that is all the similarities.

message 34: by Neha (new) - rated it 3 stars

Neha (neha71580) | 536 comments What's in Star-crossed? Lol just curious..

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Watch the trailer on U-tube :P It looks really good. I thought the first episode was just okay though.

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments @Lindsey Oh I forgot the biggest similarity: the aliens look human hahaha :P

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes that is a big similarity.

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments End of chapter 19
(view spoiler)

message 39: by Neha (new) - rated it 3 stars

Neha (neha71580) | 536 comments Minor Spoiler: You won't be so sad in chapter 20.

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments End of chapter 24
(view spoiler)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83335 comments Mod
I thought the first 80% was pretty childish!

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments @ Neha
I enjoyed the (view spoiler)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments It leans more towards light-hearted than full-on-epic. The latter which I would've preferred but it's not too bad of a read.

message 44: by Noella (last edited Feb 25, 2014 03:09AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Ending thoughts
(view spoiler)

message 45: by Neha (new) - rated it 3 stars

Neha (neha71580) | 536 comments @noella Haha yes the debate part was funny, but there was this another more funnier exchange between them. Hint: It includes soldiers as an audience XD.

(view spoiler)

message 46: by Tessa (last edited Feb 26, 2014 01:13PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Tessa | 1951 comments The only way I can participate in a discussion about this book is if I just don't take it seriously. So, here it is, my blog entry about this "alien" of a book that everyone loves and I just feel so alienated about because I can't feel the same way.

Blog entry........................26 February 2014
Impression: I'm bored
Read so far: 5 chapters
Favorite character so far: pizza
Favorite quote so far: "He pronounced it A-licks"
Enjoyment level: below the sea level [Holland knows best]
Challenge: finish this for the Mad Lib competition [I used Tangled for food so I need this for my title ends in "ed" book]

This book is trying to communicate with me, but so far I'm having a hard time understanding what it's trying to say. It jumps from one character to another [from one perspective to another], using sometimes first person, then just going to a 3th person view and sometimes I'm just not sure who is trying to talk with me.

More "awesome" inside on this book coming soon. Don't forget to subscribe! >.O

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments @ Neha Oh I missed that part about (view spoiler)! Explains a lot XD

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Aww Tessa, doesn't look like you're enjoying it at all! I'd say it was better than Hex Hall though lol. My opinion :P

message 49: by Tessa (last edited Feb 26, 2014 03:15PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Tessa | 1951 comments Hex Hall started out stronger. Made me laugh from chapter 1.

Blog entry........................26 February 2014 [1 am]
Impression: I'm still bored
Read so far: 8 chapters
Favorite character so far: meth butterflies
Favorite quote so far: "Cara's stomach was already full. Off butterflies on meth" [Ignore the fact that there's a point where it should have been a comma, that's just the way aliens communicate.]
Enjoyment level: trying to find a way to get to the surface
Challenge: finish this for the Mad Lib competition [2 days minus 1 hour left]

So, me and this little alien finally managed to connect a little in chapter 6 when she tried to bake for him. That part was funny, but after, it lost me again. Lick guy is going in the middle of the night in the forest and she doesn't find that suspicious at all? Oh little alien, I still don't understand you.

More updates coming soon. Current dilemma: is our main character stupid or naive? Is she just misunderstood? *buhuhu*

message 50: by Neha (new) - rated it 3 stars

Neha (neha71580) | 536 comments Lol. Well at least you're still reading it :P

« previous 1 3