The Doctor Rules!!!!!! discussion

The New Doctor...

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liam (new)

Liam (loda101) | 71 comments Well, we have a new Doctor, so who misses Matt Smith already?

Marie -The Reading Otter (thereadingotter) We have yet to see the New Doctor in action. I will make my decision about him after seeing him in a couple episodes. 10 is still my favorite.

message 3: by Lynne (new)

Lynne Stringer It's probably best to wait six or seven episodes before deciding whether you like him or not, maybe even a season. Sometimes it takes them a little time to settle in.

message 4: by Ollie (new)

Ollie Bradshaw (sebastian-bach) | 52 comments Richard Ayoade should have been the new doctor http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/G...

Chris/im a doctor who fan | 2 comments i liked mat

message 7: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Palladino I really miss Matt, but Peter just seems right for the new Doctor so we shall see :)

message 8: by Novia (new)

Novia (novroz) | 236 comments It took one season for me to like Matt...will see Peter first before seeing I miss Matt or not

Marie -The Reading Otter (thereadingotter) I still miss Tennant.

message 10: by Novia (new)

Novia (novroz) | 236 comments @Marie Me too

message 11: by Andy (new)

Andy Elliott | 35 comments Both Matt and David departed with their characters on a high, which is why they will always be fondly remembered by fans. Had either of them stuck around an extra season we might have got a bit bored of them. Perhaps three really is the magic number?

CaptKirk42 Classic Whovian (klandersen) | 1146 comments Mod
Andy wrote: "Both Matt and David departed with their characters on a high, which is why they will always be fondly remembered by fans. Had either of them stuck around an extra season we might have got a bit bor..."

I recall reading an excerpt from interview of Peter Davison (around the 20th anniversary with "The Five Doctors") that he had gotten advice from Patrick Troughton that about 3 seasons/years seemed to be the ultimate time to spend. The theory being you don't spend too long a time to get totally stereotyped as the character. I think it was just a way to say that the average tenure of the Doctor then as it is around now is 3 years.

But with a show like Doctor Who just one season or one episode as the Doctor could be enough to stereotype you in the eyes of the fans.

message 13: by Lynne (new)

Lynne Stringer These days I think it's difficult not to get typecast as the Doctor no matter how long you stay! I think it also depends on how diverse and on the quantity of your body of work before taking on the role.

message 14: by Allison (last edited Feb 21, 2014 07:01AM) (new)

Allison Gallifrey Gill (gallifrey1963) | 5 comments Benedict Cumberbatch would have been amazballs,BUT he is Sherlock, not the Doctor...so that would have been tricky. I adored Matt Smith, wasnt so sure at first as I also adored Mr Tennant, but I gradually grew to love him and respect him for the part he played (and he played it darn well)Mr Capaldi was almost born for the part and has a lot to live up to. I will be giving him plenty of time before I make my mind up, but at the end of the day, the Doctor, whoever plays him is, in one word f-a-n-t-a-s-t-i-c.

GlitchObsession-Eridan's Matesprit (DontlaughIknowwhereyoulive) i agree comeletely!!!!

Chris/im a doctor who fan | 2 comments i like the new doctor

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 147 comments I think the new doctor is a good choice and I am excited to see his episodes.

I am upset that Moffat is continuing to be head writer, but maybe a change of doctor will liven things up.

message 18: by Sam (new)

Sam Wight | 16 comments Still like the 10th better. Go David Tennant!

Marie -The Reading Otter (thereadingotter) Sam wrote: "Still like the 10th better. Go David Tennant!"

I concur!

message 20: by Greensparksjp (new)

Greensparksjp | 43 comments David Tennant will always be my doctor!

message 21: by Sam (new)

Sam Wight | 16 comments Ditto!

message 22: by ~Abby~ (new)

~Abby~ | 192 comments They're all the same Doctor technically...

But otherwise...
CHRISTOPHER ECCLSTON!!!!

message 23: by Greensparksjp (new)

Greensparksjp | 43 comments Abby, nobody ever considers Christopher Eccleston lol. Cuz Tennant and Smith were the doctor longer---we got use to them. I do like Eccleston, but not as much as Tennant and Smith :)

message 24: by ~Abby~ (new)

~Abby~ | 192 comments I love him. I finished season one a few days ago and I cried and then watched it over and over again.

message 25: by Greensparksjp (new)

Greensparksjp | 43 comments Abby, wait to you meet David Tennant and Matt Smith, they are awesome.

message 26: by ~Abby~ (new)

~Abby~ | 192 comments I'm watching season two and still I continue to miss him. But David and Matt seem cool.

message 27: by Greensparksjp (new)

Greensparksjp | 43 comments Have you seen Blink yet?

message 28: by ~Abby~ (new)

~Abby~ | 192 comments No. I'm on Age of Steel.
My favorite so far for Tennant is New Earth.
But ARE YOU MY MUMMY?!?!

message 29: by Greensparksjp (new)

Greensparksjp | 43 comments I Am Your Mummy!

message 30: by ~Abby~ (new)

~Abby~ | 192 comments MOM WE RAN OUT OF TOOTHPASTE!!!!

message 31: by Greensparksjp (new)

Greensparksjp | 43 comments New Earth is a good one (I would completely freak out in that sutuation lol)

message 32: by ~Abby~ (new)

~Abby~ | 192 comments But Cassandra as the Doctor. Oh my gods... OH BABY IM BEATING OUT A SAMBA!

message 33: by Greensparksjp (new)

Greensparksjp | 43 comments HOW CAN WE BE OUT OF TOOOTHPASTE WHEN I JUST BOUGHT SOME LAST NIGHT!?!?!?

message 34: by ~Abby~ (new)

~Abby~ | 192 comments I GOT HUNGRY!!

message 35: by Greensparksjp (new)

Greensparksjp | 43 comments Yeah, Cassandra as a skin flab was pretty scary too lol. more gross than scary I guess.

message 36: by ~Abby~ (new)

~Abby~ | 192 comments It's hilarious though!! XDDD

message 37: by Greensparksjp (new)

Greensparksjp | 43 comments Yeah, it is lol. She deserved it!

message 38: by ~Abby~ (new)

~Abby~ | 192 comments Goodness me I'm a man! Yum-

message 39: by Greensparksjp (new)

Greensparksjp | 43 comments Haha lol.

message 40: by ~Abby~ (new)

~Abby~ | 192 comments XDDD I'm a very new Whovian though.

message 41: by Greensparksjp (new)

Greensparksjp | 43 comments I started in December so im pretty new too. im on season 6 now.

message 42: by ~Abby~ (new)

~Abby~ | 192 comments I started last week

message 43: by Greensparksjp (new)

Greensparksjp | 43 comments And you are already up the David Tennant...kudos to you!

message 44: by ~Abby~ (new)

~Abby~ | 192 comments XDDD

CaptKirk42 Classic Whovian (klandersen) | 1146 comments Mod
Don't forget the love of the Classic Doctors.

message 46: by Andy (new)

Andy Elliott | 35 comments Apparently we should expect the Capaldi's Doctor to be more "Scottish".

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/03/17...

Who'd have thunk that?