What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Science fiction book, galactic war, all male crew. [s]

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robert (new)

Robert Cauley | 164 comments 1960's paperback. earth fights a galactic power even though galactic power knows location of earth. earth is destroyed. Only known survivors are all male crew of a ship whose commander used innovative tactics. he and other are now on a backwater planet. An individual of a galactic power friendly to Earth rehabilitates the commander and then the others as well. They ressurrect a CREE ship,an ancient power long gone. A new war ensues and the remainder male earthers rescue some human women. They somehow travel into the far future and find the inimicable and friendly galactic powers are now very primitive cultures.

message 2: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2359 comments This sounds much more science fiction than fantasy -- you might get viewers more likely to know the answer if you change the post title to "Science fiction book" (and maybe add a couple of the details, like "Science fiction - galactic war - all male crew").

message 3: by Robert (new)

Robert Cauley | 164 comments Hi All,

I am still looking for this. If anyone knows how to bump it up in the queue please do. Robert C

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38140 comments Mod
You just did.

message 5: by Robert (new)

Robert Cauley | 164 comments This is a science fiction book not fantasy

message 6: by Robert (new)

Robert Cauley | 164 comments Still looking for this one. Nothing new to add.

message 7: by Robert (new)

Robert Cauley | 164 comments Still looking.

message 8: by Robert (new)

Robert Cauley | 164 comments Hi all,

it's been a while the brain cells are still dead for new info on this one. Definitely a 60's mass market size though

message 9: by Robert (new)

Robert Cauley | 164 comments bump

message 10: by Robert (new)

Robert Cauley | 164 comments Robert wrote: "1960's paperback. earth fights a galactic power even though galactic power knows location of earth. earth is destroyed. Only known survivors are all male crew of a ship whose commander used innovat..."

Still looking. Science fiction

message 11: by Robert (new)

Robert Cauley | 164 comments Robert wrote: "Robert wrote: "1960's paperback. earth fights a galactic power even though galactic power knows location of earth. earth is destroyed. Only known survivors are all male crew of a ship whose command..."

Still looking. 60';s mass market

message 12: by Michael (new)

Michael Watson | 136 comments I think I recognize this one! I think that this is C. C. McCapp's Recall Not Earth. Everything fits: The Kree ship, humans fighting a much larger established empire (the Vulmoti, or "Vulls"), the ending in the far future where few cultures retain spaceflight.

message 13: by Robert (new)

Robert Cauley | 164 comments I need that emoji of the thing bouncing off the walls. I will check amazon an order it and let you know.

message 14: by Michael (new)

Michael Watson | 136 comments Excellent! Hope it's the right book. It sure rang bells for me as I read your description.

Justanotherbiblophile | 1747 comments If you think there's a good chance that this is your book, you can put this request in the "Possibly Solved" folder, by clicking the 'edit' link next to the subject line / title.

If this turns out to be the book you're looking for, come back and tell us that we were successful in our guesses. We keep the old requests (please don't delete it), so new people who're using a search function can easily find the same book, based on your keywords/description. We move these finished requests to one of the "Solved" folders, the same way as above. (In addition, I like to edit my requests to show the title and author at the top of the original post, so it shows up in google results easily).

If it turns out that this wasn't your book, or you want more suggestions - you can put this query back into the "Unsolved" folder at any time, and bump it (although we ask you to not bump it more than once a month) to put it back to the head of the queue, so it doesn't get buried in the older requests.

message 16: by Robert (new)

Robert Cauley | 164 comments Sorry to take so long. That was it! Solved!!.