What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > New picture book with coloring book illustrations of wild west (cowboys, sheriff) scribbled in red on cover /s

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J. (new)

J. (mamalaoshi) | 56 comments Cheesy black line drawings like from a cheap old coloring book that are scribbled in with crayons. The sheriff is trying to protect the townspeople from whatever menace is causing this destruction! It was very funny but only got to glance through it while following my toddler around the library.

Just saw this at the library yesterday and knew I should have written down the title but foolishly thought I would remember it!

Probably will see it the next time I go to the library but maybe someone will be able to relieve this itching in my brain. Tried googling it but only get results for coloring books.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
So you figure this is a new release? Was the format portrait, landscape, or square?

message 3: by J. (new)

J. (mamalaoshi) | 56 comments Yes I think it was a new release, but not positive. It was on the display end cap and looked untouched so it was at least a new library purchase. I think it was a stubby landscape shape. Definitely not square.

message 4: by Meggan (new)

Meggan Anderson britton | 12 comments I'm guessing it was "Bad Day at Riverbend" by Chris Van Allsburg. It's not a new release, but it is a really clever, well written book. Let me know if that is the right one!

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Bad Day at Riverbend for Meggan's link.

message 6: by Meggan (new)

Meggan Anderson britton | 12 comments Thanks Lobstergirl. I'm new, and haven't figured out how to add links yet. Oh look…I just saw the option at the top of this box. Anyway, thanks!

message 7: by J. (new)

J. (mamalaoshi) | 56 comments That's it! Thank you! I wouldn't have guessed Van Allsberg as the illustrator/writer. I thought I was familiar with all of his books.

message 8: by J. (new)

J. (mamalaoshi) | 56 comments Hmmm, can't figure out how to move this to SOLVED on the iPad app. ?

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

^
It may not be possible on the app. A mod can also move it.