What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Komantcia
This topic is about Komantcia
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. comanche raid into spanish mexico,kidnap teenage boy, comes of age as a comanche [s]

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Robert Cauley | 164 comments Hardcover book, possibly young adult, prior to 1975, comanche raid into spanish mexico results in kidnapping of spanish teeanger. the book is essentialy about his coming of age with the commanche. the book ends with him trying to decide between 2 beautiful twin comanche maidens or possibly both.

message 2: by Abby (new)

Abby | 214 comments If you put some of the plot details into your title, it might be more likely to catch someone's eye who can recognize your book. Good luck!

Robert Cauley | 164 comments Hi Abby,

That's pretty much what I got. I did remember Hydronauts by carl l biemiller out of the blue but no luck with that so far here. Please keep an eye out. Robert C

If anyone can bump this up in the queue please do.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
Robert, your comment did just bump it up in the queue.

Robert Cauley | 164 comments I read this book at a Boys Club repeatedly between 1973-1976 before it was stolen.It had been donated and they did not track them and I never wrote down the title or author. The book though at the time was in very good shape and I do not recall yellowing of the pages so I think 1970 to 1976 was when it was published. Robert C

SparksofEmber | 946 comments I bet this is Komantcia. Komantcia by Harold Keith I searched for it myself a year or so ago here. :)

Robert Cauley | 164 comments Hey;

That really looks like it. i have gone ahead and ordered it. What's amazing is that I just finished reading "Rifles for Watie" by the same author and in all these years never put the two together. I'll let you know. I think we can put this done as solved or at least 99.98 percent solved. Robert C

message 8: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Do you want to wait then Robert? Or just go ahead and have this moved to Solved?

Robert Cauley | 164 comments Better wait until the book is in hand just to be on the safe side. I am very optimistic but I will let you know when i get the book. It is apparently already in the mail. Robert C

Robert Cauley | 164 comments Got it. This is the book. Solved, Now if I only could get the exact same edition..lol Thanks all!

SparksofEmber | 946 comments Yay. Awesome. :)

Robert Cauley | 164 comments "Komantica" was the one I was looking for; for this post but there was a scene I was looking for that was not in this book. I had apparently intermingled it from another. It is not "horsecatcher" either because the main protagonist there is the girl. The end is all I remember; the teenage boy is a "horsecatcherC at is with the Commanches at the end of the story and is trying to decide which or both of two beautiful commanche girls to marry. Not "Komantica" by Keith and not "horsecatcher".

SparksofEmber | 946 comments Hi Robert, you might want to start a different thread if you're wanting help to find that book. I bet someone here can find it but it'll be a buried search unless it gets it's own thread.

message 14: by Robert (last edited Jan 16, 2017 02:49PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Robert Cauley | 164 comments The end is all I remember; the teenage boy is a "horsecatcher" and is with the Commanches at the end of the story and is trying to decide which or both of two beautiful commanche girls to marry. Not "Komantica" by Keith and not "horsecatcher"by Sanders.

would like to make this a new post. I cannot remember how?

message 15: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
Here's the link to create a new thread in Unsolved:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/new?c...

You can also find this link on the Group main page, at the top, in the description box between #4 and #5 (green/blue link).

Robert Cauley | 164 comments Thanks

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Komantcia (other topics)