Chat with the Bestselling KEEPER BOOK TOUR Authors discussion

Tracey Devlyn
This topic is about Tracey Devlyn
19 views
CHAT NOW > 7:00pm EST / 6:00 pm CST ~ TRACEY DEVLYN

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Tracey, Award-winning author of the Nexus series (new)

Tracey Devlyn (traceydevlyn) | 97 comments Mod
Come ask historical author Tracey Devlyn questions!


message 2: by Tracey, Award-winning author of the Nexus series (new)

Tracey Devlyn (traceydevlyn) | 97 comments Mod
Welcome to the 6 pm chat! I just snarfed down some yummy spaghetti smothered in my husband's homemade marinara sauce. One of my favorite dishes!


message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 6 comments Hi Tracey. I am curious how you got started writing?


message 4: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa White (phantasmmarquesses) | 153 comments Tracy: Who is your MUST MEET character? (stole this from Mary B.)


message 5: by Dianna (new)

Dianna Love (authordiannalove) | 182 comments Mod
Jumping on before we sit down to eat, but wanted to give a shout out to Tracey. I love her spy series. I love historical romance and am so glad for historical authors because I have NO desire to write historicals. Im in awe of the research you do and how you weave it so expertly through your stories!


message 6: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Cyr | 1 comments I'm new to your books, which one would you recommend I read first?


message 7: by Dianna (new)

Dianna Love (authordiannalove) | 182 comments Mod
Alyssa wrote: "Tracy: Who is your MUST MEET character? (stole this from Mary B.)"

Mary comes up with the best questions. She's sneaky like that. *g*


message 8: by Tracey, Award-winning author of the Nexus series (new)

Tracey Devlyn (traceydevlyn) | 97 comments Mod
Sarah wrote: "Hi Tracey. I am curious how you got started writing?"

Hey Sarah! After several years of reading 3-4 historical novels per week, I started imagining different endings or envisioning twists to scenes. I don't know, some where in there a switch flipped and I decided to give writing a try. Haven't stopped writing since. One of the best decisions I've ever made!


message 9: by Dianna (new)

Dianna Love (authordiannalove) | 182 comments Mod
Tracey wrote: "Welcome to the 6 pm chat! I just snarfed down some yummy spaghetti smothered in my husband's homemade marinara sauce. One of my favorite dishes!"

oh that sounds goooood!!


message 10: by Tracey, Award-winning author of the Nexus series (new)

Tracey Devlyn (traceydevlyn) | 97 comments Mod
Alyssa wrote: "Tracy: Who is your MUST MEET character? (stole this from Mary B.)"

Oh, I missed this post. Is the MUST MEET one of my characters?


message 11: by Mary (new)

Mary Buckham (Mary_Buckham) | 139 comments Mod
I swear the later the chats are getting some very impressive questions. Thanks for asking Sarah, I'm curious too. And Dianna - amazing historical research! Can't wait for the answers Tracey!


message 12: by Sandy (new)

Sandy Duncan | 14 comments Hi tracey again..I can't seem to wake up today. Sorry. Hope everyone is having fun


message 13: by Tracey, Award-winning author of the Nexus series (new)

Tracey Devlyn (traceydevlyn) | 97 comments Mod
Dianna wrote: "Jumping on before we sit down to eat, but wanted to give a shout out to Tracey. I love her spy series. I love historical romance and am so glad for historical authors because I have NO desire to w..."

Aww, thanks, Dianna! Likewise, I'm in awe of writers who write present day romance. There's so much you have to get right, because more readers will know when you don't. LOL


message 14: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa White (phantasmmarquesses) | 153 comments Tracey wrote: "Alyssa wrote: "Tracy: Who is your MUST MEET character? (stole this from Mary B.)"

Oh, I missed this post. Is the MUST MEET one of my characters?"


Any written character :)


message 15: by Tracey, Award-winning author of the Nexus series (new)

Tracey Devlyn (traceydevlyn) | 97 comments Mod
Sandy wrote: "Hi tracey again..I can't seem to wake up today. Sorry. Hope everyone is having fun"

Hey Sandy, so nice of you to pop in. Hope you're feeling more yourself soon!


message 16: by Dianna (new)

Dianna Love (authordiannalove) | 182 comments Mod
Mary wrote: "I swear the later the chats are getting some very impressive questions. Thanks for asking Sarah, I'm curious too. And Dianna - amazing historical research! Can't wait for the answers Tracey!"

Yep, was better for me to be out here earlier. You'd get more out of a turnip than me right now *g*


message 17: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa White (phantasmmarquesses) | 153 comments Tracy,
1. Who are your favorite Historical Fiction authors?

2. What are your favorite Historical Fiction books?

3. Who is your favorite Historical figure, why?


message 18: by Tracey, Award-winning author of the Nexus series (new)

Tracey Devlyn (traceydevlyn) | 97 comments Mod
Tammy wrote: "I'm new to your books, which one would you recommend I read first?"

Hey Tammy, to get the full story about the Nexus group, I would recommend starting with A LADY'S REVENGE (BK 1). Thanks for asking!


message 19: by Tracey, Award-winning author of the Nexus series (new)

Tracey Devlyn (traceydevlyn) | 97 comments Mod
Mary wrote: "I swear the later the chats are getting some very impressive questions. Thanks for asking Sarah, I'm curious too. And Dianna - amazing historical research! Can't wait for the answers Tracey!"

Mary - *hugs*


message 20: by Tracey, Award-winning author of the Nexus series (new)

Tracey Devlyn (traceydevlyn) | 97 comments Mod
Alyssa wrote: "Tracey wrote: "Alyssa wrote: "Tracy: Who is your MUST MEET character? (stole this from Mary B.)"

Oh, I missed this post. Is the MUST MEET one of my characters?"

Any written character :)"


I would love meet Derek Craven. He's the tortured hero in Lisa Kleypas's DREAMING OF YOU. Very complex. Very sexy.


message 21: by Tracey, Award-winning author of the Nexus series (new)

Tracey Devlyn (traceydevlyn) | 97 comments Mod
Dianna wrote: "Mary wrote: "I swear the later the chats are getting some very impressive questions. Thanks for asking Sarah, I'm curious too. And Dianna - amazing historical research! Can't wait for the answers T..."

LOL - you're a morning person like me, Dianna. I'll be sunk after my day job high wears off.


message 22: by Ki (new)

Ki (kazamei) | 10 comments Tracey!!! I made it!!

Should I catch up from this morning?? Did I miss something huge there?

Anyways....How far along "are you" with Cam and Charley?? Not even half way right? (since you don't even have an official image of Cam yet! Which I'm still shocked by!!)


message 23: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey Browning (kelseybrowning) | 3 comments Tracey - tell us a bit about your research process. Inquiring minds and all that. I realized I have no clue about that!


message 24: by Tracey, Award-winning author of the Nexus series (new)

Tracey Devlyn (traceydevlyn) | 97 comments Mod
Ki wrote: "Tracey!!! I made it!!

Should I catch up from this morning?? Did I miss something huge there?

Anyways....How far along "are you" with Cam and Charley?? Not even half way right? (since you don't ev..."


You haven't missed anything huge yet, Ki! I'll be posting some MUST VISIT links shortly. :)

I'm only about 25% into Cam and Charley's story. THAT's why don't know Cam well yet. I'll have him down pat real soon! LOL


message 25: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 6 comments This is so much fun. Iwould have to have joined earlier but alas I had to work.

Tracey we are very glad you haven't. Stopped writing. Any advice for want to be writers?


message 26: by Tara (new)

Tara Kingston (tara_kingston) | 2 comments Hi Tracey,

What process do you use to plot your novels? They're so complex!


message 27: by Tracey, Award-winning author of the Nexus series (new)

Tracey Devlyn (traceydevlyn) | 97 comments Mod
Alyssa wrote: "Tracy,
1. Who are your favorite Historical Fiction authors?
Some of my all time favs include: Virginia Henley (1st romance I ever read), Johanna Lindsey, Lisa Kleypas, Christina Dodd, Connie Brockway, Sabrina Jeffries, Laura Lee Guhrke. Some newer favs include: Tara Kingston, Shana Galen, Vicky Dreiling, Valerie Bowman, Erin Knightley, Samantha Grace, Jeannie Reusch. There are SO many that this list doesn't even scratch the surface!
2. What are your favorite Historical Fiction books?
Oi! I'm horrible with book titles. The Pirate and the Pagan is one of the haunting books that stick with you - Virginia Henley.
3. Who is your favorite Historical figure, why?"

Derek Craven, Dreaming of You


message 28: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 6 comments Dianna wrote: "Mary wrote: "I swear the later the chats are getting some very impressive questions. Thanks for asking Sarah, I'm curious too. And Dianna - amazing historical research! Can't wait for the answers T..."

Thanks Dianna. You are funny.


message 29: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa White (phantasmmarquesses) | 153 comments What really drove you to wanting to write?


message 30: by Tracey, Award-winning author of the Nexus series (new)

Tracey Devlyn (traceydevlyn) | 97 comments Mod
Kelsey wrote: "Tracey - tell us a bit about your research process. Inquiring minds and all that. I realized I have no clue about that!"

Yay, Kelsey Browning is in the house! If you love smart, sassy and sexy contemporary romance, run and pick up Kelsey's PERSONAL ASSETS or RUNNING THE RED LIGHT. Awesomeness!

My process - I write until I don't know something. Then I go to Google Books and do a search on primary sources from the early 1800s until I have my answer. LOL Love GB!!


message 31: by Ki (new)

Ki (kazamei) | 10 comments Sweet! I will definitely love hearing about the process and the pulling and tugging between these two from you~ :D

Why did you decide to write their story? Have you always had a plan for Cam since his first appearance?


message 32: by Tracey, Award-winning author of the Nexus series (new)

Tracey Devlyn (traceydevlyn) | 97 comments Mod
LINKS NOT TO BE MISSED!!!

Kindle Paperwhite Giveaway: http://tinyurl.com/kyg846l

If you would like a FREE Keeper Kase starter kit with signed cover cards from each of us please go to http://www.authordiannalove.com/freek... and fill in your information.


message 33: by Tracey, Award-winning author of the Nexus series (new)

Tracey Devlyn (traceydevlyn) | 97 comments Mod
Ki wrote: "Sweet! I will definitely love hearing about the process and the pulling and tugging between these two from you~ :D

Why did you decide to write their story? Have you always had a plan for Cam sinc..."


When I wrote A LADY'S SECRET WEAPON, I had anticipated my publisher contracting Books 4 and 5, so I created Cam and Shev. But the contract for those two books never panned out. Both characters continued to yip-yip in my brain, though. So I decided to write their stories. You'll see both books in the upcoming year. ;)


message 34: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey Browning (kelseybrowning) | 3 comments Tracey wrote: "Kelsey wrote: "Tracey - tell us a bit about your research process. Inquiring minds and all that. I realized I have no clue about that!"

Yay, Kelsey Browning is in the house! If you love smart, sas..."


Oh - primary sources - what an idea for a contemporary author! Wonder if I could find anything good out there :-)


message 35: by Tracey, Award-winning author of the Nexus series (new)

Tracey Devlyn (traceydevlyn) | 97 comments Mod
Alyssa wrote: "What really drove you to wanting to write?"

Honestly? I yearned for grittier/edgier historical romance. At the time, it was really difficult to find that quality. I'm so glad to see more and more historical authors writing darker, suspenseful historicals.


message 36: by Tracey, Award-winning author of the Nexus series (new)

Tracey Devlyn (traceydevlyn) | 97 comments Mod
Kelsey wrote: "Tracey wrote: "Kelsey wrote: "Tracey - tell us a bit about your research process. Inquiring minds and all that. I realized I have no clue about that!"

Yay, Kelsey Browning is in the house! If you ..."


I think you can find ANYTHING on GB!


message 37: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa White (phantasmmarquesses) | 153 comments When it comes to historical writings - on average - how much time do spend doing your research? Do you try to cover all the facts?

I just did a book that had the Titanic in it and I know I studied lots of material for it, which made me fall in love with it more.


message 38: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey Browning (kelseybrowning) | 3 comments Tracey wrote: "Alyssa wrote: "What really drove you to wanting to write?"

Honestly? I yearned for grittier/edgier historical romance. At the time, it was really difficult to find that quality. I'm so glad to see..."


And Tracey does gritty so yummily (is that a word??)!


message 39: by Ki (new)

Ki (kazamei) | 10 comments Do you plan on jumping the wagon into writing in another genre? Which romance sub-category would you not want to write in?


message 40: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 6 comments Tracey wrote: "LINKS NOT TO BE MISSED!!!

Kindle Paperwhite Giveaway: http://tinyurl.com/kyg846l

If you would like a FREE Keeper Kase starter kit with signed cover cards from each of us please go to http://www.a..."

Thanks


message 41: by Tracey, Award-winning author of the Nexus series (new)

Tracey Devlyn (traceydevlyn) | 97 comments Mod
Tara wrote: "Hi Tracey,

What process do you use to plot your novels? They're so complex!"


Tara Kingston's in the house! Tara writes AWESOME historical romantic suspense. Check out SECRETS, SPIES AND SWEET LITTLE LIES!

The first book was plotted with a lot of fingernail biting and tears. I didn't know what the heck I was doing. But now, I'm in an awesome plotting group with Adrienne Giordano, Kelsey Browning and Theresa Stevens. We try to get together twice a year to plot our next stories. It's a great process. We just got back from the mountains in Georgia. Spent several days in a cabin with a mountain view. Sweet!


message 42: by Tracey, Award-winning author of the Nexus series (new)

Tracey Devlyn (traceydevlyn) | 97 comments Mod
Ki wrote: "Do you plan on jumping the wagon into writing in another genre? Which romance sub-category would you not want to write in?"

Ki, I'm toying with writing a romantic suspense. Once I finish up my next two series, I will seriously take a peek at RS.


message 43: by Tracey, Award-winning author of the Nexus series (new)

Tracey Devlyn (traceydevlyn) | 97 comments Mod
Alyssa wrote: "When it comes to historical writings - on average - how much time do spend doing your research? Do you try to cover all the facts?

I just did a book that had the Titanic in it and I know I studied..."


Wow, I'm not sure I know the answer to this question. I spent three hours trying to find a side door of the Drury Lane Theater in London (1804). Looked through so many site plans. It's amazing how caught up you can get in the details. If I can't find the answer to an historical question, I tend to change it into a fictionalized version if I can. However, I rarely need to do that as I'm in Regency romance writers group and those ladies know EVERYTHING!


message 44: by Adrienne, USA Today bestselling author (new)

Adrienne Giordano (adriennegiordano) | 118 comments Mod
Well, this place is rocking! Hello all. Ooh, Tracey jumping into romantic suspense! How fun!


message 45: by Adrienne, USA Today bestselling author (new)

Adrienne Giordano (adriennegiordano) | 118 comments Mod
Tracey wrote: "Tara wrote: "Hi Tracey,

What process do you use to plot your novels? They're so complex!"

Tara Kingston's in the house! Tara writes AWESOME historical romantic suspense. Check out SECRETS, SPIES ..."


We have the most amazing plotting sessions. It's sort of organized chaos.:)


message 46: by Tracey, Award-winning author of the Nexus series (new)

Tracey Devlyn (traceydevlyn) | 97 comments Mod
Sarah wrote: "This is so much fun. Iwould have to have joined earlier but alas I had to work.

Tracey we are very glad you haven't. Stopped writing. Any advice for want to be writers?"


Thanks, Sarah! My advice to new writers is to learn the craft of writing and, if you truly want to get published and make a career of it, to never, ever give up. Persistence, Determination, and Faith in Yourself will see you through the difficult humps. Oh, and to surround yourself by positive people. Good luck!


message 47: by Tracey, Award-winning author of the Nexus series (new)

Tracey Devlyn (traceydevlyn) | 97 comments Mod
Adrienne wrote: "Tracey wrote: "Tara wrote: "Hi Tracey,

What process do you use to plot your novels? They're so complex!"

Tara Kingston's in the house! Tara writes AWESOME historical romantic suspense. Check out ..."


That's an excellent way to describe our sessions, Adrienne!


message 48: by Tracey, Award-winning author of the Nexus series (new)

Tracey Devlyn (traceydevlyn) | 97 comments Mod
Adrienne Giordano's in the house! If you love action-packed romantic suspense, with hot Alpha Males and smart, resourceful heroines, be sure to check out Adrienne's books--MAN LAW, STEALING JUSTICE...


message 49: by Tracey, Award-winning author of the Nexus series (new)

Tracey Devlyn (traceydevlyn) | 97 comments Mod
Adrienne wrote: "Well, this place is rocking! Hello all. Ooh, Tracey jumping into romantic suspense! How fun!"

LOL


message 50: by Tracey, Award-winning author of the Nexus series (new)

Tracey Devlyn (traceydevlyn) | 97 comments Mod
FLASH GIVEAWAY!

Head over to Facebook http://on.fb.me/1fWnXOW, find my 6:00 pm topic post and tell me your favorite movie or TV show. You'll be entered to win a Dangerous Darlings tote bag and signed bookmarks!


« previous 1
back to top

123795

Chat with the Bestselling KEEPER BOOK TOUR Authors

unread topics | mark unread