Topeka & Shawnee Co. Public Library discussion

What Are You Reading? > What Are You Reading? February 2014

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (kellismith) | 183 comments Mod
Welcome! This ongoing discussion is your place to share what you are reading and what you think about it! It's fun to see what other people are reading in the community... plus you might discover a new book to read!

message 2: by Melanie (last edited Feb 12, 2014 09:22AM) (new)

Melanie | 212 comments I'm currently reading James Madison to learn more about our POTUS and American History. I just started reading this book.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I have been so busy I have not had time to read anything lately. I started Happy! Happy! Happy! about a month ago and haven't had time to get back to it. I hope to soon. It is one of my goals this year to read more.

message 4: by Kelli (last edited Feb 22, 2014 07:34AM) (new)

Cheryll, I'm the same right now. I've only read one book since the new year started. I just got the second title in the Young Adult Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children series called Hollow City. I really enjoyed the first book so hopefully I'll be able to read this in a timely fashion. :)

message 5: by Kelli (new)

And Melanie, after I watched HBO's VEEP I have been determined to start using POTUS more when I speak or discuss about our presidents. So glad you used it! :)

I know Megan has recently read a biography on John Quincy Adams that the library purchased in 2013. She said it was great if you're looking for more presidential bios.

message 6: by Miranda (new)

Miranda (readerslibrarian) | 37 comments Mod
I just found out yesterday that there is a second title in the Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children series! Must read, for sure.

message 7: by Miranda (new)

Miranda (readerslibrarian) | 37 comments Mod
I just finished Silver Linings Playbook for the Bean There, Read That discussion group. It sucked me right in, and I didn't want to put it down. I started watching the movie and didn't like it much, unfortunately. The book set us up with a bit of a mystery, whereas the movie gave too much away in the first 15 minutes. Has anyone else read this one, watched the movie, or both? What did you think?

message 8: by Kelli (new)

I watched the movie and really enjoyed it. I really think Jennifer Lawrence's performance was great! But I say that about every movie she is in. :)

I'm slowly reading the book now. Of course, if I had read it first I wouldn't have liked the movie that much.

message 9: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 212 comments Miranda wrote: "I just finished Silver Linings Playbook for the Bean There, Read That discussion group. It sucked me right in, and I didn't want to put it down. I started watching the movie and didn't like it mu..."

I saw the movie and enjoyed it.

message 10: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 212 comments Kelli wrote: "And Melanie, after I watched HBO's VEEP I have been determined to start using POTUS more when I speak or discuss about our presidents. So glad you used it! :)

I know Megan has recently read a biog..."

I remember watching the first episode of the West Wing and knew what POTUS was unlike the prostitute that Sam Shepard accidently slept with.

I'm reading them in order of election. I'm only on Madison. I thought about taking a break to read the Federalist Papers, but need to finish Madison.

message 11: by Grayce (new)

Grayce | 4 comments Has anybody read It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Viccini? I knew halfway through it was going on the shelf designated for favorites! I suppose it's kind of a teenage book but it's so great, so right now nothing, I'm reading nothing... 0.0

message 12: by Grayce (new)

Grayce | 4 comments Ned Vizzini* oops

message 13: by Kelli (new)

I'll have to try it some time... but then I still haven't read any John Green. :)

Topeka & Shawnee Co. Public Library

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

James Madison (other topics)