Divergent (Divergent, #1) Divergent discussion

Divergent Movie

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Olivialovesdogs who's excited????

Chandana OMG, yes!

Chandana Watched all the trailers and clips. CANNOT GET ENOUGH. And it looks like it follows the book closely, so YAY!

message 4: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim I'm sort of scared to watch it. I mean, I feel like it will let me down like the Immortal Instruments movie.

Chandana Kim wrote: "I'm sort of scared to watch it. I mean, I feel like it will let me down like the Immortal Instruments movie."

LOL, "Immortal" Instruments.
Anyway, Divergent seems close to the book. But again, so did the trailer for CoB, and I know how disappointed I was after watching that movie.

message 6: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim Chandana wrote: "Kim wrote: "I'm sort of scared to watch it. I mean, I feel like it will let me down like the Immortal Instruments movie."

Anyway, Divergent seems close to the book. Bu..."

I am exactly the same way. AHHHHHH! I also hated the person they got to play Jase. His looks didn't fit my imagination or anything. I mean he was okay, but....

Chandana I know this is about Divergent, but I cannot resist an opportunity to talk about the CoB movie.
The actor for Jace is not the way I imagined him. Also, in the movie, he had few lines, and none of them were as witty and sarcastic as his lines in the book. Major disappointment.

message 8: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim There isn't much to the character in the movie. I agree 100%

message 9: by M (new) - rated it 5 stars

M I saw the trailer for the Divergent movie when I went to go see Catching Fire in theaters. This book was just, wow. I'm a real sucker for YA dystopian novels, and this one topped them all. I am a little worried about the movie. When I watched the trailer, they show Tris taking the Aptitude Test. The simulation though, is when she gets trapped in the water tank, not when she saves the little girl from the dog. The water tank is suppose to be when she is already in Dauntless and in her fear simulation as apart of stage two. I know it's just a minor detail, but I hope they just don't stray to far off from the book.

message 10: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim I get so annoyed when movies stray even a little bit from the book, though I know they have to. In Harry potter, there was one little detail that I would not stop talking about for months on end. I've gotten better but still....

message 11: by Mila (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mila Fitos I can't wait for the film to come out! *o* I think it's going to be really good, but I'm sad that Uriah won't be in the film, at least not the first one. :/ And I hope they will show some religious things in the movie too, like just one sec of Four's wall with "Fear only God" on it and stuff like that. :)

Tana Lovegood of Dumbledore's Army✞~ Rogers/America I cant wait for the film! I wanna watch it soo bad!!!

Christina  Ortiz Chandana wrote: "Kim wrote: "I'm sort of scared to watch it. I mean, I feel like it will let me down like the Immortal Instruments movie."

Anyway, Divergent seems close to the book. Bu..."

i mean if your a fan of both books like i am, i wouldn't let that knock you guys down. i'm still going to watch the second movie to CoB, but i can also tell that even if the movie is remotely bad and all, i'm still going to enjoy it because this was one of my favorite book series.... :)

Regan I'm very excited. I'm glad Jeanine Matthews has a bigger part because in the book she doesn't fit the role as the villan as much.

Amanda maybe a stupid question. what book is CoB?

Regan City of Bones

Amanda hmmm...I do not know this book. I'll have to check it out!

Regan I'm reading it now

Brenda Can't wait for the movie. Kinda wary of who they casted for the movie but we shall see how it will go. So excite ^^

Regan I know who are playing tris and four. the casting director/directors did a great pick

James I am so excited. I can't wait to see how they do the movie adaption to this amazing book.

message 23: by gina (new) - rated it 5 stars

gina I saw the trailer and im super excited for it it!! ahhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!! IM CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!

Aigoo I'm so excited!!!! *fangirl mode*

Rawan Alfaraj CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Hayley im so excited *FOURTRIS FEELS

Bridget I think the movie looks great. I'm pretty excited for it to come out. I didn't ever board the Mortal Instruments ship, so I don't have that apparent disappointment clouding my vision here.

message 28: by Paige (last edited Feb 26, 2014 08:00AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Paige Yin Rawan wrote: "CAN'T WAIT!!!!"

CAN'T WAIT TOO!!

Rachel Jaxxon wrote: "I saw the trailer for the Divergent movie when I went to go see Catching Fire in theaters. This book was just, wow. I'm a real sucker for YA dystopian novels, and this one topped them all. I am a ..."

When they made the trailer, they just cut scenes together. They most likely have it right in the movie. I wouldn't worry about it.

message 30: by kris (new) - rated it 5 stars

kris Rachel wrote: "Jaxxon wrote: "I saw the trailer for the Divergent movie when I went to go see Catching Fire in theaters. This book was just, wow. I'm a real sucker for YA dystopian novels, and this one topped th..."

Yeah, and if you notice, she's wearing Dauntless clothes in the tank, which means it's later in the movie. I saw either a trailer or feature showing her facing the dog (wearing Abnegation clothes). They probably put it out of order in the trailer to make it more interesting.

Emma Belle You have no idea how many times I`ve watched the trailer. I`m SO excited!

Alondra Olivialovesdogs wrote: "who's excited????"

Not only am I excited I'm supercalifragilisticexpialidocious excited.
I've been waiting for it for so long.

AHHHH

Captain I was really excited when I found out that Divergent was going to be a movie....until I saw the trailer. I'm sure I'll warm up to it eventually, I'm just one of those people who wants the movie to be perfect, just like the book. Plus the main characters look nothing like their descriptions, and in terms of character development Tris's physical appearance plays a huge part in her becoming who she is at the end of the book. I'm still totally going to see it though. That book was AMAZING! I literally read it in like 6 hours at work. (I work at a library, there was lots of shhhhing and glaring that day because people wanted to check out books and stuff......just kidding it was a slow day). I can't wait to read the next two, I have them placed on hold, but its taken 10 years to get here. I might just break down and buy the whole series.

Kristin I can't wait, but I don't expect the movie to be as good as the book because most movies never are. I am trying to keep my expectations low so I'm not so disappointed. But I like the actress playing Tris, not sure about the actor playing Four! Hope it is awesome

Tanya Harrison I just finished the book and can't wait to see the movie now.

Chandana About 22 more days to go

Ivancica22 The guy that plays Four in the film looks older than 18 to me...

Chandana Book to movie adaptions are like that, Holly.
Are you still going to watch it?
It depends on how well this movie does for the other books to made into movies. If Allegiant's made into a movie...(view spoiler)

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood Ivancica22 wrote: "The guy that plays Four in the film looks older than 18 to me..."

Thank you!! I think he looks like 22 or 24! When i first saw him I'm like 'uh no way is that Four! That guy does NOT look like he is 18!'

Paige Yin Cassie 'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. James Carstairs wrote: "Ivancica22 wrote: "The guy that plays Four in the film looks older than 18 to me..."

Thank you!! I think he looks like 22 or 24! When i first saw him I'm like 'uh no way is that Four! That gu..."

Four in the movie is 24 though, different from the book.
And no doubt, Theo James is HOT!

Ivancica22 Thank you, Cassie :) I'm glad to hear that you agree with me. I still think they should have chosen a younger actor according to the book.

Chandana Isn't Theo James 29? He can't really look 18.

Jace Eaton Dauntlesscake Nerdfighta Patch and Hazel in the Maze OMG ok...I am a huge fan of Theo James and I get that he doesn't look 18 but he is HOT and theres no denying that and I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!

Elizabeth I'm excited for this movie, but I can't shake this nagging feeling that it might suck. And I'm not a stranger to book to film adaptations, so I understand that things need to get cut and all that. There's just a few little things that have come out that make me feel like this movie will be disappointing.

That being said, I've already purchased my tickets to the movie the night it comes out. 8 PM Thursday 3/20!

Jace Eaton Dauntlesscake Nerdfighta Patch and Hazel in the Maze Wait i thought it came out 3/21

Chandana Book Fandom wrote: "Wait i thought it came out 3/21"

Maybe the premiere is earlier in some places. For me, it's at midnight 3/21...

Matilda Rose Jaxxon wrote: "I saw the trailer for the Divergent movie when I went to go see Catching Fire in theaters. This book was just, wow. I'm a real sucker for YA dystopian novels, and this one topped them all. I am a ..."

About the simulation - I'd say they showed two different simulations and made it look like one in the trailer just for effect. If you look, she's wearing Dauntless clothes and she's got her tattoo in the simulation.

Chandana Matilda wrote: "Jaxxon wrote: "I saw the trailer for the Divergent movie when I went to go see Catching Fire in theaters. This book was just, wow. I'm a real sucker for YA dystopian novels, and this one topped th..."

Wow, you're right!

Olwyn I think the actress they picked is totally wrong, I can't picture her as Tris, and the actor who is playing Four looks at least 8 years too old to be doing so.

« previous 1