Dauntless > Chasm

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,018 (1018 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 20 21

message 1: by Kjonesbookpage (new)

Kjonesbookpage (krj29483) | 3015 comments Mod
This is believe it or not separate from the pit lol

message 2: by Kjonesbookpage (new)

Matt looked around seeing no one then sat leaning against the railing and opened the book to where he had left off and turned on the small flash light he had found and he started reading

message 3: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 7046 comments Sterling stood farther away, leaning against the railing heavily. He looked over when Matt came in, slightly interested, seeing the Erudite carrying a book, he chuckled.

message 4: by Kjonesbookpage (new)

Matt didn't notice Sterling was there he was already absorbed in the book

message 5: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 7046 comments Sterling smirked, walking over and leaning on the railing next to him silently, looking over his shoulder.

message 6: by Kjonesbookpage (new)

Matt sensed someone looking over his shoulder which always annoyed him "You don't have to look over my shoulder like that it's actually rather annoying if you wanted to take a look all you had to do was ask" Matt said not actually looking up to see who it was

message 7: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 7046 comments Sterling raised an eyebrow,"Mathew." He said,"what are you reading?" He asked, slightly hoping to surprise him at least a little.

message 8: by Kjonesbookpage (new)

Matt jumped looking up to find Sterling standing over him "Umm it's just a book about the holocaust" he said not bothering to correct Sterling telling him his name was Matt not Mathew

message 9: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 7046 comments Sterling smirked,"you enjoy reading. Erudite must have done well for you." He commented,"Mathew."

message 10: by Kjonesbookpage (new)

"Yeah well it was very boring it was either read or do nothing at all and I'm not so good with being bored and my name is Matt not Mathew" Matt said it was one thing the first time but two times was more than enough with the name thing

message 11: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 7046 comments Sterling raised an eyebrow,"you don't enjoy the name Mathew?"

message 12: by Kjonesbookpage (new)

"Is there a problem with not liking being called something" he asked

message 13: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 7046 comments "Not at all." Sterling replied, smirking down at him,"I've seen you during others fights, you observe them well."

message 14: by Kjonesbookpage (new)

"Well I heard you can learn a lot through observation"

message 15: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 7046 comments "And what exactly have you learned?" Sterling questioned.

message 16: by Kjonesbookpage (new)

"All the girls around here are hot headed and act without thinking things through and some of the guys aren't much better which might get all of them into some serious trouble" he said

message 17: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 7046 comments Sterling smiled a little, nodding in slight approval,"very good... Anything else?"

message 18: by Kjonesbookpage (new)

"Most of the initiates seem to know what they are doing which is good but I see a couple of the guys letting themselves get distracted by the girls which isn't so great" he said

message 19: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 7046 comments Sterling grimaced a little, looking away and crossing his arms,"you haven't. Why is that? No interest? I'm rather surprised with some of the boys I've seen. Idiots." He muttered.

message 20: by Kjonesbookpage (new)

Matt shrugged "Guess I'm not interested in a girl who doesn't know how to use the thing between her ears"

message 21: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 7046 comments "Her brain?" Sterling smiled a little, starting to take a liking to him,"you have an interesting way of thinking, did the Erudite teach you that?"

message 22: by Kjonesbookpage (new)

"Yes her brain hot heads seem to always forget it's there for a reason, and I don't know maybe they did or maybe I just picked it up somewhere"

message 23: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 7046 comments Sterling nodded,"your smart kid." He murmured, watching him,"Dauntless could use you."

message 24: by Kjonesbookpage (new)

"Well I'm here and it usually doesn't pay to be an idiot it doesn't matter where you are if you aren't smart enough to use common sense or your brain then your just going to end up factionless, dead, or both factionless then dead"

message 25: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 7046 comments Sterling nodded, falling silent, watching him.

message 26: by Kjonesbookpage (new)

Matt really just wanted to go back to reading his book he was at a really good part and everyone kept interrupting first Hades back in the dorm that morning and now Sterling here, was it really such a bad thing that he wanted to read a dang book

message 27: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 7046 comments Sterling nodded again, softly patting him on the shoulder,"keep it up, just being able to fight doesn't get you through initiation, using your head does too." He tells him, before walking away.

message 28: by Kjonesbookpage (new)

"I will thanks for the advice" he said then went back to reading his book

message 29: by Kjonesbookpage (new)

Matt closed the book after a while he had read at least two chapters now he just wanted to do something else so he went to the dorm to put it away

message 30: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 23, 2014 08:22PM) (new)

Raithe leaned over the Chasm. His eyes were glassy and vague. Marylyn... he thought. Stupid, Stupid... Shouldn't have done that...
He gritted his teeth together and grimaced at the thought. It wasn't right to wear your heart on your sleeves, especially at Dauntless. It wasn't right to tell... He couldn't act that way. Not from now on. At least, Hades knew... He had killed someone... But why had he done that? And how could it be anywhere close to what Raithe had done? He sighed and leaned further over the Chasm. Just one slip.. he told himself. Just one slip.. but he knew he wouldn't..

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

He pulled himself away from the Chasm and fell over on the floor. He lay on the hard, cold stone and moaned.. falling asleep.
"Marylyn," he whispered. "Marylyn."

message 32: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 7046 comments Sterling raised an eyebrow at the initiate on the floor, walking over and kneeling next to him,"get up Raithe." He ordered.

((He's one of the two trainers.))

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Raithe, not knowing who the trainer was, kept his eyes closed and muttered under his breath.
"#### off," he groaned and rolled over onto his side.

message 34: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 7046 comments Sterling rolled his muscolored eyes,(one brown, one blue), and slipped out his knife, casually touching the cold metal to his skin.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Raithe jumped and pulled back, nearly knocking his head off the Chasm Railing. He growled, and slipped another dagger out of the folds of his uniform, brandishing it at the instructor.
"What the #### do you think you're playing at?" he spat.

message 36: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 7046 comments Sterling sighed, not bothering to stand, he still kneeled, looking at him with amusement.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Raithe didn't take kindly to that. He slipped the dagger along the side of Sterling's arm.

message 38: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 7046 comments Sterling grabbed his wrist, the amusement disappearing from his eyes, he twisted his arm, making Raithe fall to the floor. Sterling put a knee on his chest, looking down at him with a smirk,"do not touch me child." He ordered, pinning his hand holding the dagger to the ground, his own knife at his throat.

message 39: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 23, 2014 08:42PM) (new)

Raithe laughed; it was a deep and throaty sound, slightly obscured by the dagger being pressed to his throat and the echo of his amusement bouncing off the Chasm walls.
"Confident, aren't we?" His eyes had a flash of maliciousness in them as he growled at the trainer. "You wouldn't kill me," he spat eventually, biting down on the instructor's hand and flicking his wrist free of his hold, as the man retracted at the sudden act of foolishness.
Raithe bounced on him while he was distracted and pinned him down; disarming him of his blade, before holding the one in his hand against his throat; sliding the tip of it along the borderline; making a long, red stain across his Adam's Apple.

message 40: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 7046 comments Sterling looked slightly surprised, then brought his knee up, knocking Raithe over him, standing quickly and wrenching him to his feet, punching him harshly, knocking him into the railing, then grabbing his neck so he was precariously leaning off the edge,"you shouldn't have done that initiate." He warned, pushing him farther over the railing, now him only holding him up, he ignored the small drops of blood running down his neck.

message 41: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 23, 2014 08:46PM) (new)

Raithe dragged the sharp nails, protruding from the end of his hands across the instructor's wrists. Suddenly, Realising who he was he used his feet which were still dangling over the other side of the railing to kick him in his gut.

message 42: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 7046 comments Sterling glared at him, tightening his grip on his throat,"I am the only thing standing between you and death right now." He informed him.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

"God. Hand in your authority badge, please," was all he could say. "You don't own me. No matter who the hell you think you are.." His eyes were still unfocused, as his gaze locked with Sterling's. There was a long pause as the upper front of his body dangled sub-consciously over the flowing river. Something cracked in his voice when he spoke next. "Kill me then," he hissed, finally. "Do it... You know you want to. I never deserved it, anyway... You might as well."

message 44: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 7046 comments Sterling watched him, his eyes cold,"what have you done that I should kill you for?" He asks.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

"Does it matter?" he whispered. "It's done. And we're here now..."

message 46: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 7046 comments "It matters." Sterling told him,"I need a reason."

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

"Is that so? You were about to drop me in there a few mere seconds ago and now you need a reason to kill me?" His eyes were sad and slightly accusatory, but there was a hint of humour in there, the likes of which you could never get rid of. The likes of which you had been born with, and you could never lose.

message 48: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 7046 comments "Are you asking to die kid?" Sterling asked,"sadly, I can't kill you without a reason."

message 49: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 23, 2014 08:59PM) (new)

"Yes! Yes, I am!" he raged, "I am asking to die! I don't deserve to be here! I don't want to be here and I don't need this shit right now. So you can either let me go or let me get killed, but I'm not giving you a reason. I have more dignity than that, at least!"

message 50: by ƘΔΘЅ (new)

ƘΔΘЅ   | 7046 comments Sterling rolled his eyes, pulling him back over the edge and slamming him into the ground,"you shouldn't want to die kid. It's not honorable. Or brave. At all. It's cowardice."

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 20 21