Sci-Fi/Fantasy Lovers discussion

Currently-Reading

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ben (new)

Ben (auly2893) | 22 comments Talk about the books that you are currently reading here.

message 2: by Jeremy (new)

Jeremy R | 8 comments Just finished Memories of Ice... so good. Just started House of Chains.

message 3: by Ben (new)

Ben (auly2893) | 22 comments Is house of chains in the same series?

message 4: by Jeremy (new)

Jeremy R | 8 comments Yeah

message 5: by Ilias (new)

Ilias I never got to a point where I liked the Malazan series. I didn't even feel sorry that there were no audio books for it after book 4 so I had to give it up.

I just finished Into the Storm and am looking forward to the next one when my audible subscription gives me the next monthly book.

message 6: by Ben (new)

Ben (auly2893) | 22 comments So, do you only listen to audio books? You don't read from books?

message 7: by Ilias (new)

Ilias I do. I generally keep the books I anticipate I will like a LOT to read and listen to audio books the ones that I have lesser expectations of or are way too wordy for me to spend the time reading them. That usually works out to me listening to the fantasy books and reading the sci-fi books but not always.

message 8: by Ben (new)

Ben (auly2893) | 22 comments Yeah, that makes sense. I would like an audible account, but I don't really want to spend $10 a month for one audio book. If I would want an audio book, I would just get it from the library for free.

message 9: by Ilias (new)

Ilias I drive a lot for my work and for personal reasons so I easily go through an audio book every month, even the really long ones. And at this point in my life I value the $15 in an audible subscribsion much less than me having to go to the library to get/return anything, not to mention having to limit myself to what they have available.

message 10: by Ben (new)

Ben (auly2893) | 22 comments Yeah, I guess that makes sense for you. But I don't have a long commute that I have to make every day. Plus I usually read faster than the person who speaks on the audiobook.

message 11: by Jeremy (new)

Jeremy R | 8 comments After I finish the book I am reading now, there are several things I might read. Some of them are the Neuromancer, Nine Princes in Amber, and the Lies of Locke Lamora. Has anyone read these? If you did, how are they?

message 12: by Ben (new)

Ben (auly2893) | 22 comments I haven't posted on here in a while. Last year was really crazy, but I will try to post more on here this year.
Currently I am reading two books, the third in the Lightbringer series and the fifth in the Lorien legacies.
I am really enjoying the fifth book in the Lorien legacies. Like the other four books it is packed with action and a r w ally fast read.
The third Lightbringer is a bit slower but still enjoyable. I've only read a few pages so I can't make any true judgements yet.
Happy reading!
Ben