Chat with the Bestselling KEEPER BOOK TOUR Authors discussion

CHAT NOW > 6:00 EST/5:00 CST ~ MARY BUCKHAM

Comments Showing 1-50 of 105 (105 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Mary (new)

Mary Buckham (Mary_Buckham) | 139 comments Mod
Looking forward to talking to everybody!

message 2: by Marie (new)

Marie Dry | 8 comments What time is it over there. Its eight in the evening here. How much plotting do you do when you start a book. I saw an interview of Kristen Ashley last night and she said she writes a book once and then read it over and make small changes and that's it. I almost went and stole a gun to shoot myself with.

message 3: by Marie (new)

Marie Dry | 8 comments Mary wrote: "Looking forward to talking to everybody!"

I am repeating this just in case I had to reply. I think I may have started a new topic by mistake.

What time is it over there. Its eight in the evening here. How much plotting do you do when you start a book. I saw an interview of Kristen Ashley last night and she said she writes a book once and then read it over and make small changes and that's it. I almost went and stole a gun to shoot myself with.

message 4: by Mary (new)

I'm going to start us off with posting these great links:

Kindle Paperwhite Giveaway on.fb.me/Nwoa3t

If you would like a FREE Keeper Kase starter kit with signed cover cards from each of us please go to http://www.authordiannalove.com/freek... and fill in your information.

message 5: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Rumsey | 27 comments Hi Mary! Thanks for the update on links. Sadley I don't tweet, but entered the facebook entries.

message 6: by Mary (new)

Marie wrote:
I am repeating this just in case I had to reply. I think I may have started a new topic by mistake.

What time is it over there. Its eight in..."

***LOL! Marie, time is becoming very relative as I'm on West Coast time so right now it 10:07 am. As for plotting - I map out the major twist or turning points in the story and about where they need to happen and, if lucky, I get together with my great plotting partner Dianna Love and we throw out scene ideas that move the story toward or away from the twist points. We do this about twice a year and plot 7-8 stories in 3 days. Then months later I look at the ideas, see if they are still viable based on what has happened in the earlier books in the series and sit down to write.

message 7: by Mary (new)

Ah thank you Brenda! Delighted you entered. We give options for folks because some are more comfortable with Tweeting than being on FB. Now I'm waiting for the contest that gives us point for eating (chocolate gets extra points) drinking (beverage of choice) and reading (I'd so be all over this one)!

message 8: by KimberlyDawn (new)

KimberlyDawn (kimberlydawn55) | 8 comments Oh, I could use those kinds of extra points! Lol!

message 9: by Mary (new)

LOL! Kimberly - we can be BFF!

message 10: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa White (phantasmmarquesses) | 153 comments *sneaks in*

message 11: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 10 comments hi mary, I finally figured out what time it is. lol hugs

message 12: by Mary (new)

Alyssa ~ you're a sweetheart for showing up and I hope it's not your dinner time!

message 13: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 10 comments eating chocolate - does 3 musketeers count and coke lol

message 14: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 10 comments does oreos count

message 15: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 10 comments anybody home???

message 16: by Mary (new)

Hi Sharon ~ sorry jumping back and forth between Dianna's wind down and here. I think oreos count at any time and any place! Love it!

message 17: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa White (phantasmmarquesses) | 153 comments Mary wrote: "Alyssa ~ you're a sweetheart for showing up and I hope it's not your dinner time!"

I already ate all my allowance points for the day at lunch time - still full! Besides it is only 3:55 here right now. I had a great Mexican dinner with my mom. It is Taco Tuesday! But I got a Cheese Enchilada with beans and rice...cheese crisp...chips and salsa... only thing missing was the lemonade but that was way to many points!

And I have been waiting for your time :) I love talking to you I can't wait to see what goes down!

p.s. I had one peanut butter cup for desert :D (it was buy a pack get one free, so I shared my two cups with my mom, she had one and I did. The free one I am saving for tomorrow's cheat day!)

message 18: by Dianna (new)

Dianna Love (authordiannalove) | 182 comments Mod
Mary - tell us where the idea for Invisible Recruits came from and what Bram and Alex are up to right now?

message 19: by Dianna (new)

Alyssa wrote: "Mary wrote: "Alyssa ~ you're a sweetheart for showing up and I hope it's not your dinner time!"

I already ate all my allowance points for the day at lunch time - still full! Besides it is only 3:5..."

Okay, I may not be here long since my wonderful hubby is cooking and Alyssa has my mouth watering.

message 20: by Mary (new)

Hey Dianna ~ thanks for asking. Since the next book in the series INVISIBLE FATE comes out early March and I don't want to give away too many spoilers let's say things are heating up for them in a good and bad way :-)

message 21: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa White (phantasmmarquesses) | 153 comments Here is my fantastic list of questions for you Mary:

1. You have done your settings books, but have you thought of doing other kinds of books for self-help writers? Like character? Plot? etc. If so what kind and could we be expecting them soon?

2. Who is your favorite author(s) hands down? Like when their new book comes out you HAVE to have it.

3. Who/Where does/do your covers come from in the Alex series? They are all so eye catching and make you question what is coming up in the book.

message 22: by Mary (new)

Alyssa wrote: I already ate all my allowance points for the day at lunch time - still full! Besides it is only 3:5..."

*** Peanut butter cups? You can share here? Is it embarrassing to lick the computer screen window?

message 23: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa White (phantasmmarquesses) | 153 comments Dianna wrote: Alyssa wrote: "Mary wrote: "Alyssa ~ you're a sweetheart for showing up and I hope it's not your dinner time!"

I already ate all my allowance points for the day at lunch time - still full! Besides it is only 3:5..."

Okay, I may not be here long since my wonderful hubby is cooking and Alyssa has my mouth watering. "

What's cooking?

message 24: by Mary (new)

Sharon ~ I'm sooooooo glad someone else had to figure out the time. 5 out of the 6 KEEPER Authors are on east coast or central time - so I'm always playing catch up!

message 25: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa White (phantasmmarquesses) | 153 comments Mary wrote: "Alyssa wrote: I already ate all my allowance points for the day at lunch time - still full! Besides it is only 3:5..."

*** Peanut butter cups? You can share here? Is it embarrassing to lick the co..."

I will gladly share, let me email some to you :P

message 26: by Mary (new)

Alyssa ~ With Karl in the kitchen for Dianna it doesn't matter what's cooking. It's going to be great!

message 27: by Adrienne, USA Today bestselling author (new)

Adrienne Giordano (adriennegiordano) | 118 comments Mod
You guys hit the ground running this hour! LOL. I have to duck out and feed the troops here, but I'll be back!

message 28: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa White (phantasmmarquesses) | 153 comments Oh you are all making me hungry again...and I am the one that started it!

message 29: by Dianna (new)

Mary wrote: "Hey Dianna ~ thanks for asking. Since the next book in the series INVISIBLE FATE comes out early March and I don't want to give away too many spoilers let's say things are heating up for them in a ..."

Okay, I get to be the reader … Hurry the heck up!!! LOLOL! Just had to do that, but no kidding - can't wait!

message 30: by Mary (new)

Alyssa wrote: "Here is my fantastic list of questions for you Mary:

1. You have done your settings books, but have you thought of doing other kinds of books for self-help writers? Like character? Plot? etc. If s..."

*** Great questions Alyssa but then I'd expect that from you. Next nonfiction books will focus on WRITING ACTIVE HOOKS and WRITING ACTIVE DIALOGUE. Those two will be out in 2014 probably summer and late fall. I'll tackle Pacing after that.

message 31: by Dianna (new)

Adrienne wrote: "You guys hit the ground running this hour! LOL. I have to duck out and feed the troops here, but I'll be back!"

See ya later!

message 32: by Mary (new)

Mary Stibal | 6 comments Hey Mary!

I had to come, since I knew you'd be here! I've learned so much, and know I'll learn more!!

Regards,
Mary Stibal

message 33: by Dianna (new)

Mary wrote: "Alyssa ~ With Karl in the kitchen for Dianna it doesn't matter what's cooking. It's going to be great!"

Oh, yes, Mary has been the recipient of Karl's cooking. He makes us anything and I mix the martinis. I think that's a perfect balance even if he doesn't drink martinis.

message 34: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa White (phantasmmarquesses) | 153 comments Dianna wrote: Oh, yes, Mary has been the recipient of Karl's cooking. He makes us anything and I mix the martinis. I think that's a perfect balance even if he doesn't drink martinis.

Oh I have never had a martini! Can you email me one? lol

message 35: by Dianna (new)

For the new ones - sign up for your FREE gift and to be in the drawing for a Kindle Paperwhite plus signed books (any time before midnight tonight CST)

Free (even the shipping) Keeper Kase® starter kit with 12+ signed cover cards from all 6 authors - Just click this link anytime today and feel free to share it. http://www.authordiannalove.com/freek...

PLUS… You can enter the drawing for a Kindle Paperwhite and signed books at this Rafflecopter - on.fb.me/Nwoa3t - go there any time today until midnight CST.

message 36: by Mary (new)

Next Alyssa question: 2 Who is your favorite author(s) hands down? Like when their new book comes out you HAVE to have it.

*** Wowser - this is a hard one. I read about 5-6 books a week and am always open to new authors. On the must have list I've got to say the books from my fellow KEEPER AUTHORS rate right up there. Need a burst of suspense I grab a Dianna Love or Adrienne Giordano book. Need a smile and some sweet sass with the lovin' a Tonya Kappes or Nancy Naigle and I'm a sucker for historicals so I always have a Tracey Devlyn tucked away as a treat!

message 37: by Mary (new)

Alyssa wrote: "Dianna wrote: Oh, yes, Mary has been the recipient of Karl's cooking. He makes us anything and I mix the martinis. I think that's a perfect balance even if he doesn't drink martinis.

Oh I have ne..."

*** Sorry Alyssa ~ I don't share the martinis - they are that GOOD! And yes, Dianna corrupted me

message 38: by Mary (new)

Mary wrote: "Hey Mary!

I had to come, since I knew you'd be here! I've learned so much, and know I'll learn more!!

Regards,
Mary Stibal"

***Oh Mary - so fun to see you here. Any questions through them out and I'll grab them as soon as I hit the refresh button :-)

message 39: by Dianna (new)

Alyssa wrote: "Dianna wrote: Oh, yes, Mary has been the recipient of Karl's cooking. He makes us anything and I mix the martinis. I think that's a perfect balance even if he doesn't drink martinis.

Oh I have ne..."

Here's an easy one that has been around a long time - Mix half water and half honey (heat it so that it will blend and make a half cup of each so you'll have extra) - then when it cools mix 2 oz of this honey water, 1 1/2 ounce of gin, squeeze one half lemon in it and shake with ice then pour in a chilled glass. Easy peasy.

message 40: by Dianna (new)

Okay, I'm gone but I'll try to come back later. Thanks again for everyone who hung out with me today and make sure to ask Mary about her Chinky dolls *g* (ducking now so she doesn't kill her favorite coauthor)

message 41: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa White (phantasmmarquesses) | 153 comments Mary wrote: *** Sorry Alyssa ~ I don't share the martinis - they are that GOOD! And yes, Dianna corrupted me

HEY! If I share my peanut butter cups you HAVE to share the martini! lol

message 42: by Mary (new)

Last Alyssa question:

Who/Where does/do your covers come from in the Alex series? They are all so eye catching and make you question what is coming up in the book.

*** The amazing Kim Killion of Hot Damn Designs (who is a mind reader in her spare time) creates the covers. It's really a blast to shift gears and think what does this cover need to show? What questions does it raise? Wait till you see the covers for the next three novels in the series - that showcase another protagonist - one of the other team members - to see the differences in covers.

message 43: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa White (phantasmmarquesses) | 153 comments Ugh! All this writing talk is making me want to crack out with my writing again...but I'm so LAZY lol

message 44: by Mary (new)

Because I don't want to forget here are the links to the giveaways:

Kindle Paperwhite Giveaway
http://www.NancyNaigle.com/nnews.htm

If you would like a free Keeper Kase starter kit with signed cover cards from each of us please go to http://www.authordiannalove.com/freek... and fill in your

message 45: by Naomi (new)

Naomi | 24 comments How much input do you have on cover designs? Do you give them a verbal idea and let them work their magic?

message 46: by Debra (new)

Debra Elise (debraelise) | 5 comments Ninja Debra Elise checking in! In process of picking up kiddies from school but I didn't want to miss the Fun!!!

message 47: by Mary (new)

So what about you guys? Books you've read recently that you loved? Or threw across the room? Or stayed up way too late to read one more page? Inquiring minds gotta know....

message 48: by Mary (new)

Mary Stibal | 6 comments Mary wrote: "Alyssa wrote: I already ate all my allowance points for the day at lunch time - still full! Besides it is only 3:5..."

*** Peanut butter cups? You can share here? Is it embarrassing to lick the co..."

message 49: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 10 comments I am back
I am reading Jeremy robinson right now waiting for your next book to come out Mary.

message 50: by Mary (new)

Mary Stibal | 6 comments Peanut butter cups are a vegetable. Necessary to sustain writers. Hey Mary, how are you?

« previous 1 3

Chat with the Bestselling KEEPER BOOK TOUR Authors

unread topics | mark unread