The Holy Bible: King James Version The Holy Bible discussion

What if?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jack (new)

Jack Ronan What if Eve would've never have eaten the apple of the tree. Would we be living in the Garden of Eden having fun or would life would be like it now but we would have no sin and we wouldn't die?

What do you guys think?

Kristen I think Adam and Eve were the best representatives we could have had. If it wasn't the fruit, it would have been something else. That's human nature.

Although, there are alot of interesting things to think about like that. If there was never any sin, and therefore no need for the payment of death, would we ever die? Maybe we'd be called up to heaven like Enoch. Or maybe we'd just live in a perfect world forever.
And childbirth would be a whole lot different....
Interesting to think about.

John West Most likely, we would all have lived forever on a perfect planet sharing with one another, getting along with all of creation. There'd be no pollution or sickness or disease or regrets or sorrows. We'd still work and tend to the earth, but it wouldn't be a struggle. We'd feel the presence of God every second of every day

Brad Lyerla But John, what would have happened to the devil? He would continue to agitate would he not? And would there be free will? And would the angels have lusted for human women and had babies with them (chapt 6 of Genesis)?

Those things would seem to happened even if Eve had not partaken?

John West That's assuming that it was the angels that lusted for the human women. son of God could also have meant the son of seth, since seth was the son of Adam who was the son of God. and the daughter of men could have been the descendants of Cain since he chose to disobey God and follow his own way. people differ on opinion on the theories.
Also, there would still be free will, but that doesn't mean that any of us would give in if we were given an example by Adam and Eve. and Eve wasn't the only one who gave in. Adam takes just as much responsibility because he saw Eve be tempted and partake of the apple. Scripture says she gave to her husband who was with her. and even if he wasn't there when she was being tempted, he had a responsibility to take care of her along with the rest of the garden. Authority=Responsibility

David I always wondered what would happen to the population of this planet if Adam and Eve never ate that fruit which then means they would have never died.

Their offsprings would have never died and so forth. Wouldn't that mean the planet would have been way overpopulated by now? In fact, overpopulation would have been an understatement. Just curious. What do you think?

message 7: by Kristen (last edited Feb 13, 2014 06:31PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kristen David wrote: "I always wondered what would happen to the population of this planet if Adam and Eve never ate that fruit which then means they would have never died.

Their offsprings would have never died and so..."

I think God created everything perfectly. Including space on the planet and the population issue.
Part of the curse was death. But part of it was also pain in childbirth and difficulty in work. That doesn't mean that there wouldn't be any childbirth or work otherwise, but after man sinned, they were painful and difficult.
I think maybe we would still leave the planet, but it wouldn't be the scary and uncertain, possibly very painful event that we know it as. I think we might have just been called up to Heaven when the time came.

message 8: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen Geigle Johnson Jack wrote: "What if Eve would've never have eaten the apple of the tree. Would we be living in the Garden of Eden having fun or would life would be like it now but we would have no sin and we wouldn't die?

..."

We would never have been born. They could not have children until they left the garden. I am really thankful for Eve and Adam. They made a really big sacrifice so that humankind could come to earth.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Jen wrote: "We would never have been born. They could not have children until they left the garden. I am really thankful for Eve and Adam. They made a really big sacrifice so that humankind could come to earth."

Well said. Also, I think it would have happened eventually anyway. That deceiver guy is very sneaky. We must always be on guard.

message 10: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen Geigle Johnson Elizabeth wrote: "That deceiver guy is very sneaky. We must always be on guard."

So true!

message 11: by Maria (new)

Maria Brad wrote: "But John, what would have happened to the devil? He would continue to agitate would he not?"

I think that the devil would have been destroyed by God after this first "incident" of him trying to deceive humans, if the humans had not fallen for it. There would be no doubt of God's sovereignty and his right to make rules (don't eat the fruit) for his creation. Since they made the wrong choice and fell for the devil's lie, God had to let things go on long enough to vindicate himself.

message 12: by Eryc Tri Juni (new)

Eryc Tri Juni S When those happened, we will never talk about this in goodreads. Ha-ha. and we will never learn the meaning of life. There is always a reason beyond of everything.

message 13: by Maria (new)

Maria Jen - they were told initially before they messed up to fill the earth and subdue it. They could have children before they sinned, they were commanded to do so.

The pain and suffering associated with childbirth was part of the "punishment" so to speak.