Chat with the Bestselling KEEPER BOOK TOUR Authors discussion

CHAT NOW > 5pm EST/4pm CST chat with NYT bestseller Dianna Love

Comments Showing 1-50 of 109 (109 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Dianna (new)

Dianna Love (authordiannalove) | 182 comments Mod
Join me at 1pm EST/noon CST for mimosas and lattes… oh, and lunch! I want fried lobster tails like they make at The Grand Marlin in Pensacola *g*

message 2: by Sandy (new)

Sandy Bartles | 30 comments I would love a mimosa! I have never had one!

message 3: by Sandy (new)

Sandy Bartles | 30 comments Am I here at the wrong time? Where is everyone?

Aly is so frigging bored Such an incentive... hope I make it

message 5: by Dianna (new)

Dianna wrote: "Join me at 1pm EST/noon CST for mimosas and lattes… oh, and lunch! I want fried lobster tails like they make at The Grand Marlin in Pensacola *g*"

this obviously jumped streams to the 5pm EST chat - I'm over with Adrienne right now…be back soon.

message 6: by Mary (new)

Mary Buckham (Mary_Buckham) | 139 comments Mod
This is just cruel - get us all salivating over lobster tails! I so can taste that hot melted butter ~ yum!

message 7: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa White (phantasmmarquesses) | 153 comments I need a nap LOL

message 8: by Shelbie (new)

Shelbie  Knight (shelbieknight) | 18 comments Hi Dianna! I hope you are having a wonderful day. =) My question is this - do you find it easier to write in third person, versus first? If so, why? What made your decision to write one way, versus the other? Do you think an Author can successfully meld the two in one novel? Thank you so much! =)

message 9: by Dianna (new)

Mary wrote: "This is just cruel - get us all salivating over lobster tails! I so can taste that hot melted butter ~ yum!"

we need to all go down to Pensacola for drinks and lobster tails on the deck of The Grand Marlin. :)

message 10: by Shelbie (new)

Shelbie  Knight (shelbieknight) | 18 comments Wow. Sounds wonderful. =)

message 11: by Adrienne, USA Today bestselling author (new)

Adrienne Giordano (adriennegiordano) | 118 comments Mod
Alyssa wrote: "I need a nap LOL"

It's crazy fun, isn't it?

message 12: by Sher (new)

Sher (sistersher) | 9 comments i made it.... hi dianna... lobster? count me in

message 13: by Adrienne, USA Today bestselling author (new)

Dianna wrote: "Mary wrote: "This is just cruel - get us all salivating over lobster tails! I so can taste that hot melted butter ~ yum!"

we need to all go down to Pensacola for drinks and lobster tails on the de..."

My cousin lives in Pensacola. I'm going to ask him about it. :)

message 14: by Dianna (new)

Shelbie wrote: "Hi Dianna! I hope you are having a wonderful day. =) My question is this - do you find it easier to write in third person, versus first? If so, why? What made your decision to write one way, versus..."

That's a great question! I write my romantic thrillers in third person (deep point of view), but Mary and I have a new young adult series where we mixed first (for the lead character only) and third (for the others who had a pov). So the answer is - yes, as long as you don't confuse the reader, plus I strongly advise staying in one pov per scene when you do either.

The reason we did the first/third mix in our Red Moon series (w/a Micah Caida) was because it's such an unusual story idea that we thought the first and third would keep a lot of strange things easier to follow and give us the multi-povs we needed.

message 15: by Dianna (new)

Mary will be back at some point so that we can talk about Micah Caida more, but Time Trap is book 1 that is available and Time Return is book 2 (coming out Monday, Feb 17th) and Time Lock is the final book coming out Summer 2014. It's a sci-fi/fantasy that readers of The Hunger Games would like, but different than anything else out there.

message 16: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa White (phantasmmarquesses) | 153 comments Adrienne wrote: "Alyssa wrote: "I need a nap LOL"

It's crazy fun, isn't it?"

CHA!
This time of day I am normally sleeping though lol, graveyard!

message 17: by Dianna (new)

Shelbie wrote: "Wow. Sounds wonderful. =)"

thanks, Shelbie. I have to admit that we're really pumped over this trilogy. :)

message 18: by Adrienne, USA Today bestselling author (new)

Dianna, I think you should talk about Adam Hanin and what an awesome voice he has. I downloaded Last Chance to Run and can't wait to listen on my trip this weekend!

http://www.amazon.com/Last-Chance-to-...

message 19: by Delene (new)

Delene Yochum | 36 comments Dianna wrote: "Mary wrote: "This is just cruel - get us all salivating over lobster tails! I so can taste that hot melted butter ~ yum!"

we need to all go down to Pensacola for drinks and lobster tails on the de..."

Drive East a little To Panama City Dianna and we will go to Schooner's or Capt. Anderson's yummy stuff!

message 20: by Dianna (new)

Adrienne wrote: "Alyssa wrote: "I need a nap LOL"

You're a wild woman, Adrienne! I couldn't keep up with all your posts - awesome.

message 21: by Dianna (new)

Sher wrote: "i made it.... hi dianna... lobster? count me in"

Hi Sher!!! Yes, you're in (as if I'd leave you out *g*).

message 22: by Dianna (new)

Adrienne wrote: "Dianna wrote: "Mary wrote: "This is just cruel - get us all salivating over lobster tails! I so can taste that hot melted butter ~ yum!"

we need to all go down to Pensacola for drinks and lobster ..."

My best friend is partners in The Grand Marlin and they brought some of the best restaurant people from Atlanta to run it. Love, love, love going there and I just hosted some of my street team there for a lunch. (If any of you want to join my Street team - go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/45601... - we have fun!)

message 23: by Sandy (new)

Sandy Bartles | 30 comments Sorry. I fell asleep during the 2 pm hour and just woke up. Not feeling well today. What did I miss? LOL

message 24: by Trinity (new)

Trinity (trinityblacio) | 1 comments I have a question is there any genre you are thinking of dipping into that you haven't tried? Any new series in the project?

Thanks Trinity

message 25: by Dianna (new)

Jennifer wrote: "Ive never done a chat this way before, but ill give it a shot! Hi everyone :)"

Me neither, Jennifer. *g* So just jump in - you can't do anything wrong.

message 26: by Shelbie (new)

Shelbie  Knight (shelbieknight) | 18 comments Makes perfect sense. Thank you. Speaking of POV's, at what length do you think is best before switching to another characters POV? Paragraphs? Chapter? When switching to another POV, do you have a way that you believe is best to signal this to the reader? A line skip, asterisk break? Thank you so much for the input! =)

message 27: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa White (phantasmmarquesses) | 153 comments Sandy wrote: "Sorry. I fell asleep during the 2 pm hour and just woke up. Not feeling well today. What did I miss? LOL"

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon!

message 28: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa White (phantasmmarquesses) | 153 comments If you could be a character in ANY book, who would you be and why?

message 29: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa White (phantasmmarquesses) | 153 comments Trinity wrote: "I have a question is there any genre you are thinking of dipping into that you haven't tried? Any new series in the project?

Thanks Trinity"

I like this question!

message 30: by Sandy (new)

Sandy Bartles | 30 comments Thank you Alyssa. It is the crud that is going around.

message 31: by Shelbie (new)

Shelbie  Knight (shelbieknight) | 18 comments Dianna wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "Ive never done a chat this way before, but ill give it a shot! Hi everyone :)"

Me neither, Jennifer. *g* So just jump in - you can't do anything wrong."

I'm with you Jennifer...this is a first for me, here on GoodReads, so we will all learn together! =)

message 32: by Dianna (new)

Adrienne wrote: "Dianna, I think you should talk about Adam Hanin and what an awesome voice he has. I downloaded Last Chance to Run and can't wait to listen on my trip this weekend!

http://www.amazon.com/Last-Cha..."

Oh, thanks, Adrienne - I forgot I have audio out now!!! Adam Hanin is amazing (and btw, he's doing Stealing Justice in audio - Can't wait!). That was such a blast to meet so many people who auditioned, but Adam brings what I most wanted in a narrator to the project - he understands that it's about telling a story. He does so many additional things during production it's amazing. I'm going to have him for a chat on my Street Team page soon.

message 33: by Dianna (new)

Don't forget to sign up and get your goodies!!!

Free (even the shipping) Keeper Kase® starter kit with 12+ signed cover cards from all 6 authors - Just click this link anytime today and feel free to share it. http://www.authordiannalove.com/freek...

PLUS… You can enter the drawing for a Kindle Paperwhite and signed books at this Rafflecopter - on.fb.me/Nwoa3t - go there any time today until midnight CST.

message 34: by Dianna (new)

Delene wrote: "Dianna wrote: "Mary wrote: "This is just cruel - get us all salivating over lobster tails! I so can taste that hot melted butter ~ yum!"

we need to all go down to Pensacola for drinks and lobster ..."

sounds like a food trip - I'm in!

message 35: by Shelbie (new)

Shelbie  Knight (shelbieknight) | 18 comments Dianna, I must know - do you and Sherrilyn Kenyon have any plans to continue the Belador Series? It really is an amazing series! =)

message 36: by Dianna (new)

Sandy wrote: "Sorry. I fell asleep during the 2 pm hour and just woke up. Not feeling well today. What did I miss? LOL"

Oh, hugs, Sandy. Sleeping is the best thing when your body tells you that you need it. So sweet of you to come back out and visit.

message 37: by Adrienne, USA Today bestselling author (new)

Dianna wrote: "Adrienne wrote: "Alyssa wrote: "I need a nap LOL"

You're a wild woman, Adrienne! I couldn't keep up with all your posts - awesome."

LOL. I had all the characters in my head and it was insane. I may have to do a novella with all of them.

message 38: by Adrienne, USA Today bestselling author (new)

Dianna wrote: "Adrienne wrote: "Dianna, I think you should talk about Adam Hanin and what an awesome voice he has. I downloaded Last Chance to Run and can't wait to listen on my trip this weekend!

http://www.am..."

He's amazing. I can't wait to hear him deal with our character who has multiple personalities. :)

message 39: by Dianna (new)

Trinity wrote: "I have a question is there any genre you are thinking of dipping into that you haven't tried? Any new series in the project?

Thanks Trinity"

Hi Trinity - I've had a New Adult idea for a while that's driving me crazy but I don't have time to write it yet. I also have a strange contemporary idea that I want to write all 3 books for first, but it's a bit out there. I have more ideas than I'll ever get to, but they keep me pumped up and writing to hurry up and get to them.

message 40: by Dianna (new)

Shelbie wrote: "Makes perfect sense. Thank you. Speaking of POV's, at what length do you think is best before switching to another characters POV? Paragraphs? Chapter? When switching to another POV, do you have a ..."

This is just me, but I like to stay in one pov for an entire scene. The only time I don't is generally in a love scene because I want to stay in the moment. If you switch like that, you really need to make it very clear in that first sentence that you're in the other pov. It's good to make it clear even in a new scene. Thanks just my opinion and works for me.

message 41: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa White (phantasmmarquesses) | 153 comments Adrienne wrote: "Dianna wrote: "Adrienne wrote: "Alyssa wrote: Dianna wrote: "Adrienne wrote: "Alyssa wrote: "I need a nap LOL"

You're a wild woman, Adrienne! I couldn't keep up with all your posts - awesome."

LOL. I had all the characters in my head and it was insane. I may have to do a novella with all of them.

DO IT! I dare you!

message 42: by Shelbie (new)

Shelbie  Knight (shelbieknight) | 18 comments Dianna wrote: "Adrienne wrote: "Dianna wrote: "Mary wrote: "This is just cruel - get us all salivating over lobster tails! I so can taste that hot melted butter ~ yum!"

we need to all go down to Pensacola for dr..."

Sounds like a lot of fun! I've never been to Florida...maybe someday. But, the one place I want to go more than anywhere in the world? New Orleans! =)

message 43: by Dianna (new)

Alyssa wrote: "If you could be a character in ANY book, who would you be and why?"

I would be Margaux in my latest Slye Temp book bc she's not ever going to be a homemaker and she'll kick butt any time she has to but she loves deeply and is extremely loyal. That's my kind of girl. :) I like how she outwits one of Logan's elite operatives in Kiss The Enemy. I've had a bunch of emails from readers saying they loved that scene. *g*

message 44: by Naomi (new)

Naomi | 24 comments Ok...I'm confused. Am I finally back in the right group?

I seem to be lost. Does anyone have a map?

message 45: by Shelbie (new)

Shelbie  Knight (shelbieknight) | 18 comments Dianna wrote: "Shelbie wrote: "Makes perfect sense. Thank you. Speaking of POV's, at what length do you think is best before switching to another characters POV? Paragraphs? Chapter? When switching to another PO..."

Thank you! What works for you? I listen, because that's just it...what you are doing clearly works! =)

message 46: by Delene (new)

Delene Yochum | 36 comments I understand the genres well most of them. But New Adult is new to me Dianna..what is it

message 47: by Jennifer Sines (new)

Jennifer Sines | 3 comments Hello Everyone!
!

message 48: by Dianna (new)

Shelbie wrote: "Dianna, I must know - do you and Sherrilyn Kenyon have any plans to continue the Belador Series? It really is an amazing series! =)"

Ah, thanks, Shelbie. I love Evalle and Storm and Feenix and the whole group, but they've been with me for many years. The next story is outlined and the editor loves it, but I haven't heard a word from Sherri's agent so I don't really have an answer. I do love that series and would hate to see it just stopped.

message 49: by Shelbie (new)

Shelbie  Knight (shelbieknight) | 18 comments Delene wrote: "I understand the genres well most of them. But New Adult is new to me Dianna..what is it"

I would like to write in New Adult in the future. I'm really glad they have opened up this group. There was an entire age group missing from YA to Adult. Like any writer, I have tons of ideas... =)

message 50: by Dianna (new)

Naomi wrote: "Ok...I'm confused. Am I finally back in the right group?

I seem to be lost. Does anyone have a map?"

Hi Naomi - Yes, you're in the right place, or as right as I know for now.

« previous 1 3

Chat with the Bestselling KEEPER BOOK TOUR Authors

unread topics | mark unread