Chat with the Bestselling KEEPER BOOK TOUR Authors discussion

Dianna Love
This topic is about Dianna Love
CHAT NOW > 1pm (EST)/noon CST NYT bestseller Dianna Love back to chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 79 (79 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Nancy, USA Today bestselling author of the Adams Grove series (new)

Nancy Naigle (nancy_naigle) | 133 comments Mod
Dianna Love is back to chat .... stop on by!

message 2: by Marie (new)

Marie Dry | 8 comments Hi Dianna

Do you have a plan at the beginning of each year for how many books you will write and which ones. And if you do how easy is it to stick to that schedule.

message 3: by Dianna (new)

Dianna Love (authordiannalove) | 182 comments Mod
Marie wrote: "Hi Dianna

Do you have a plan at the beginning of each year for how many books you will write and which ones. And if you do how easy is it to stick to that schedule."

HI Marie - thanks for joining us today!! I do have an idea of what I'm going to write for 8-12 months out at any time. It's ongoing so I don't really start at the beginning of the year. :) It's tough sometimes to stick to the schedule, but unless it's a huge family crisis (health, etc) I just give up my off time any time I feel behind. �I write pretty much 7 days a week so that rare day Im' off is important to me. It keeps me focused.

message 4: by Dianna (new)

Nancy wrote: "Dianna Love is back to chat .... stop on by!"

thanks for your help - again - Nancy!!

message 5: by Dianna (new)

Valentine's Day joke (I know all of us women are nodding our heads) One morning Emma woke up with a start. Her husband Jim asked what was the matter, she told him, "I just had a dream that you gave me a pearl necklace for Valentine's day. What do you think it means?"

"You'll know tonight," Jim said.

That evening, Jim home with a small package and gave it to his wife. Delighted, Emma opened it - only to find a book entitled "The meaning of dreams".

message 6: by Marie (new)

Marie Dry | 8 comments Dianna wrote: "Marie wrote: "Hi Dianna

Do you have a plan at the beginning of each year for how many books you will write and which ones. And if you do how easy is it to stick to that schedule."

HI Marie - than..."

I work full time but from January I have started to write every day as well. I do four hours at night, six hours on a Saturday and four on a Sunday. This way I am working so steadily that if I need to go out or want to spend time with friends taking the time out of my schedule is not a train smash. Do you have any words of wisdom about plotting a series. Any crumb will help.

message 7: by Adrienne, USA Today bestselling author (new)

Adrienne Giordano (adriennegiordano) | 118 comments Mod
Dianna is back! Yay. Awesome chat, everyone.

message 8: by Adrienne, USA Today bestselling author (new)

Marie wrote: "Dianna wrote: "Marie wrote: "Hi Dianna

..."

I actually think she's a vampire (LOL) because I don't know how she gets so much done. Simply amazing!

message 9: by Adrienne, USA Today bestselling author (new)

Dianna wrote: "Valentine's Day joke (I know all of us women are nodding our heads) One morning Emma woke up with a start. Her husband Jim asked what was the matter, she told him, "I just had a dream that you gav..."

Oh, such a man thing to do!

message 10: by Dianna (new)

Marie wrote: "Dianna wrote: "Marie wrote: "Hi Dianna

..."

This is NOT to plug a book ,but Mary Buckham and I used to teach power plotting, which was based on something we created for ourselves to be able to know that our plots were sound. We didn't have time to teach constantly so we put it in a book - BREAK INTO FICTION - that works for pantsters or plotters. A plotter can map out their plot in advance and pantster who has holes or problems can use the same series of questions to determine where the holes or weak points are in the story. We wrote the book also bc no one had put one out for "both types of writers" and you must always stick with your process. There is no one way. if someone is going to tell you how to write, they need to be able to do it so that it works whether you're a plotter or pantster.

message 11: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa White (phantasmmarquesses) | 153 comments Dianna!
Five tips for a future writer, GO!

message 12: by Dianna (new)

Adrienne wrote: "Dianna is back! Yay. Awesome chat, everyone."

Hi Adrienne - Everyone needs to hang in here past lunch for USA Today bestselling author of sexy romantic suspense and funny mysteries Adrienne Giordano who will be here at 1pm CST (2pm EST).

message 13: by Dianna (new)

Adrienne wrote: "Marie wrote: "Dianna wrote: "Marie wrote: "Hi Dianna

Do you have a plan at the beginning of each year for how many books you will write and which ones. And if you do how easy is it to stick to tha..."

LOL - except I have to be up before the crack of dawn instead of going to be then. :) I'm always the one so far off on time with everyone else being night owls. *g*

message 14: by Adrienne, USA Today bestselling author (new)

Dianna wrote: "Adrienne wrote: "Dianna is back! Yay. Awesome chat, everyone."

Hi Adrienne - Everyone needs to hang in here past lunch for USA Today bestselling author of sexy romantic suspense and funny mysterie..."

I'm ready to party!

message 15: by Adrienne, USA Today bestselling author (new)

Dianna wrote: "Adrienne wrote: "Marie wrote: "Dianna wrote: "Marie wrote: "Hi Dianna

Do you have a plan at the beginning of each year for how many books you will write and which ones. And if you do how easy is i..."

Oh, so you're a daytime vampire? Such an innovator, you are! :)

message 16: by Naomi (new)

Naomi | 24 comments I may have to head out and miss part of Adrienne's chat :(

However, when my own personal HEA asks if I'd like to join him for a late lunch, surely nobody will blame me?

message 17: by Sandy (new)

Sandy Bartles | 30 comments Oops! I got lost. I was on the 5 pm post!

message 18: by Dianna (new)

Alyssa wrote: "Dianna!
Five tips for a future writer, GO!"

No pressure, huh?

1) Write, write, write - everyday
2) Study the craft but don't use studying the craft as an excuse not to write
3) be open to "good" criticism so that you can write strong books (but watch out for destructive people who are frustrated writers - take your time getting a critique partner)
4) Figure out your process - plotter, hybrid plotter, seat of the pants writer, whatever - use what works and stick with that. There is no right or wrong way, only YOUR way if it works.
5) share with others - what you do does come back around and this amazing group of KEEPER BOOK TOUR AUTHORS is an example of great networking that turns into friendships.
Bonus - Always make #1 most important.

message 19: by Dianna (new)

Adrienne wrote: "Dianna wrote: "Adrienne wrote: "Marie wrote: "Dianna wrote: "Marie wrote: "Hi Dianna

Do you have a plan at the beginning of each year for how many books you will write and which ones. And if you d..."

LOL!

message 20: by Dianna (new)

Sandy wrote: "Oops! I got lost. I was on the 5 pm post!"

Yay, you'll have a head start on all of us!! :)

message 21: by Naomi (new)

Naomi | 24 comments ooooo

*steals Dianna's advice list*

Excellent question, Alyssa :D

message 22: by Dianna (new)

Naomi wrote: "I may have to head out and miss part of Adrienne's chat :(

However, when my own personal HEA asks if I'd like to join him for a late lunch, surely nobody will blame me?"

a round of ahhhs over that - too sweet.

message 23: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa White (phantasmmarquesses) | 153 comments Dianna wrote: "Alyssa wrote: "Dianna!

No pressure, huh?

3) be..."

Loved! I shared them on facebook :)

message 24: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Rumsey | 27 comments Dianna wrote: "Alyssa wrote: "Dianna!

No pressure, huh?

3) be..."

Wooooooo....good points...thanks.

message 25: by Naomi (new)

Naomi | 24 comments Hey Dianna,

Paul just got here and he brought a present for you. I'll mail it to you as soon as I get the chance.

message 26: by Dianna (new)

Naomi wrote: "ooooo

*steals Dianna's advice list*

Excellent question, Alyssa :D"

You're always welcome to my 2 cents. *g*

message 27: by Dianna (new)

Alyssa wrote: "Dianna wrote: "Alyssa wrote: "Dianna!

No pressure, huh?

2) Study the craft but don't use studying the craft as an excuse not..."

I saw that. You are so QUICK!! *g*

message 28: by Dianna (new)

Be sure to get in on the goodies -

Free (even the shipping) Keeper Kase® starter kit with 12+ signed cover cards from all 6 authors - Just click this link anytime today and feel free to share it. http://www.authordiannalove.com/freek...

PLUS… You can enter the drawing for a Kindle Paperwhite and signed books at this Rafflecopter - on.fb.me/Nwoa3t - go there any time today until midnight CST.

message 29: by Naomi (new)

Naomi | 24 comments He says it's a

"mid-century paper mache Easter egg made in Western Germany which he estimates a maker's date between 1945 and 1948"

Which means pretty much nothing to me. It's a really pretty two piece Easter egg for you collection.

message 30: by Dianna (new)

Naomi wrote: "Hey Dianna,

Paul just got here and he brought a present for you. I'll mail it to you as soon as I get the chance."

to Paul - you are THE BEST! *smooch* (wipe off the red lipstick before Naomi sees *g*).

message 31: by Naomi (new)

Naomi | 24 comments And on that note, I'm heading out. Can't wait to get back and chat later.

message 32: by Dianna (new)

Question for Readers of print and ebooks -

Do you like to visit with Authors at live events too? Does it matter if it's a library or a bookstore?

message 33: by Dianna (new)

Naomi wrote: "And on that note, I'm heading out. Can't wait to get back and chat later."

*waving bye*

message 34: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Rumsey | 27 comments Dianna wrote: "Question for Readers of print and ebooks -

Do you like to visit with Authors at live events too? Does it matter if it's a library or a bookstore?"

Dianna wrote: "Alyssa wrote: "Dianna!

I love attending "live" events at both libraries and book stores. There use to be several in our area but we lost two of our local bookstores that hosted them. Would love to see more come to Tulsa, OK and would be happy to help advertise it...LOL

No pressure, huh?

3) be..."

Wooooooo....good points...thanks.

message 35: by Bama (new)

Bama | 8 comments hi.. lol

message 36: by Sandy (new)

Sandy Bartles | 30 comments Dianna wrote: "Question for Readers of print and ebooks -

Do you like to visit with Authors at live events too? Does it matter if it's a library or a bookstore?"

If an author came here, it wouldn't matter where.

message 37: by Dianna (new)

Brenda wrote: "Dianna wrote: "Question for Readers of print and ebooks -

Dianna wrote: "Alyssa wrote: "D..."

Tulsa has been on my motorcycle route before and I'd go back for sure. The KEEPER BOOK TOUR AUTHORS will be looking at cities to visit starting later this year. We'll probably do libraries so that you can come without specific guidelines (you know my Street Team motto is "we don't need no stinkin' rules *g*).

message 38: by Dianna (new)

We may be getting close to a new page so watch for the "page 2" thing at the bottom.

message 39: by Dianna (new)

Sandy wrote: "Dianna wrote: "Question for Readers of print and ebooks -

If an author came here, it woul..."

that's what we figured and we're looking at whatever venue is the easiest for all readers.

message 40: by Dianna (new)

Naomi wrote: "He says it's a

"mid-century paper mache Easter egg made in Western Germany which he estimates a maker's date between 1945 and 1948"

Which means pretty much nothing to me. It's a really pretty two..."

O. M. G. Paul knows how I love my egg collection. Okay, swoon.

message 41: by Dianna (new)

Bama wrote: "hi.. lol"

Hi Bama - so good to see you here!!! Okay, Ryder and the guys are making rounds with lattes and mimosas this time. Nick is still bartending so I have no idea what's in that blender right now.

message 42: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Rumsey | 27 comments That would be wonderful!!! Libraries are a lot more conductive to chatting too. Would love to see you come to Tulsa. Will help spread the word any way I can. Yea! Just the possibility makes my day...LOL

message 43: by Dianna (new)

Logan stopped by, but warning - Margaux has staked her claim and she is deadly when it comes to her man so we're letting him just oversee the security. However, Jamie "Nitro" Johnson (he's part of Logan's team) just swaggered in and is giving back rubs. *sigh* that's going to cause an issue with the Slye Temp guys.

message 44: by Dianna (new)

Brenda wrote: "That would be wonderful!!! Libraries are a lot more conductive to chatting too. Would love to see you come to Tulsa. Will help spread the word any way I can. Yea! Just the possibility makes my..."

Great. I love bookstores and libraries equally. If we find a bookstore that doesn't charge or require a purchase then that's an option but we don't want our ebook readers (or those who have already bought books) to face buying a book just to see us. So that's why we're thinking libraries.

message 45: by Marie (new)

Marie Dry | 8 comments Dianna wrote: "Marie wrote: "Dianna wrote: "Marie wrote: "Hi Dianna

Do you have a plan at the beginning of each year for how many books you will write and which ones. And if you do how easy is it to stick to tha..."

Do you have any plans to publish that book in print. I bought the eBook a few years ago after one of Mary's classes but I would love to have a copy I can put sticky notes in and get to with a magic marker.

message 46: by Dianna (new)

Another Valentine joke:
Q: What did the valentine card say to the stamp?
A: Stick with me and we'll go places!

message 47: by Dianna (new)

I was asked this earlier so I'll ask you - what do you like to read?

message 48: by Deanna (new)

Deanna | 2 comments I love meeting authors at events. I like bookstores more because you can purchase any new discoveries while you are there. That is how I got hooked on the Belador series.

Dianna wrote: "Question for Readers of print and ebooks -

Aly is so frigging bored I love print, but ebooks are faster to get by in my country.

Dianna I have a q: what do you like to read in your free time?

message 50: by Dianna (new)

Marie wrote: "Dianna wrote: "Marie wrote: "Dianna wrote: "Marie wrote: "Hi Dianna

Do you have a plan at the beginning of each year for how many books you will write and which ones. And if you do how easy is it ..."

Well, it's always been in print. Here's a link to my book page with the buy buttons at the bottom so you can shop different places for it http://www.authordiannalove.com/books...

« previous 1

Chat with the Bestselling KEEPER BOOK TOUR Authors

unread topics | mark unread