YA Book Recommendations! discussion

About Me!!:) > Introduce yourself!!:)

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey y'all! Thanks for joining the group!:) In this discussion is all about you (obviously) I want to know all about you!! So please answer these few questions and I'll try to comment on each and everyone of you!

What is your all time favorite book?
What book are you currently reading?
What is your favorite genre (type) of young adult books? (ex. fantasy, contemporary, edgy, etc...)
What was the worst book you have read?
Why do you want to be in this group?

message 2: by Joi (new)

Joi Heyyyyy.! I'm Joi.

1.My all time favorite book is My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult ... but I need to get a new one.

2.I am currently reading a multitude of books including City of Bones, Reason to Breathe, and Me Before You.

3.My favorite subgenre would either be contemporary of romance.

4. The worst book I have read would probably be The Fault in Our Stars.

5.Ummm...I was sent a request and thought it was something new to try.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey I'm Claire
1. All time favorite book is Throne of Glass
2. Current book is Her Dark Curiosity
3. My favorite genre is either Historical fiction or Steampunk
4. Worst book ever is A Wrinkle in time
5. Why I'm here, I don't know :)

message 4: by Jess (new)

Jess Hi, I'm jess
1. My favorite book is definitly tigers curse.
2. I just finished cress, so I'm not reading anything right know.
3.My favorite genre is fantasy, romance, and historical fiction
4.The worst book I ever read was vampire academy
5.Im here because I think this might be a good group.

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura (blueeyebooks) Hey everyone! I'm Laura :)

1. I don't really have one... I hate choosing favorites but I really like the Harry Potter series, Eleanor & Park, The Shatter Me series, and the Graceling series.
2. I'm currently reading The Bitter Kingdom, Sloppy Firsts, and Xenocide.
3. I'll read anything that isn't non-fiction! I love reading historical fiction just not non-fiction! I particularly like fantasy, romance, science fiction, and historical fiction.
4. I've only given one star to two books in my life so far - Extras and A Short History of Nearly Everything.
5. Weeeeell... I received an invite and I thought why not? A chance to meet new people and make new friends and recommend amazing books? Um.. YEAH!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Joi wrote: "Heyyyyy.! I'm Joi.

1.My all time favorite book is My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult ... but I need to get a new one.

2.I am currently reading a multitude of books including [book:City of Bones..."

Oh my gosh I loved The Fault in Our Stars! But I'm glad you came into our group!:) Welcome Joi!!:)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Claire wrote: "Hey I'm Claire
1. All time favorite book is Throne of Glass
2. Current book is Her Dark Curiosity
3. My favorite genre is either Historical fiction or Steampunk
4. Worst book ever is A Wrinkle in..."

Welcome to the group Claire! Glad you decided to come!:)

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Jess wrote: "Hi, I'm jess
1. My favorite book is definitly tigers curse.
2. I just finished cress, so I'm not reading anything right know.
3.My favorite genre is fantasy, romance, and historical fiction
4.The w..."

Hey Girl! So glad you joined!:)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Laura wrote: "Hey everyone! I'm Laura :)

1. I don't really have one... I hate choosing favorites but I really like the Harry Potter series, Eleanor & Park, The Shatter Me series..."

I like your spunk girl! Glad you're here!:)

message 10: by Victorine (new)

Victorine (vici_torine) | 4 comments 1. I really don't have a favorite. But maybe The Vampire Academy series and The Discovery of Witches.
2. Currently I am reading City of Glass, Opal (Lux series) and Gentlemen & Players.
3. Fantasy, historic and romance.
4. Worst book was Reservation Blues. Too much repeatance.
5. I am kinda out of it, I want to talk about books and on the look for new ones.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Victorine wrote: "1. I really don't have a favorite. But maybe The Vampire Academy series and The Discovery of Witches.
2. Currently I am reading City of Glass, Opal (Lux series) and Gentlemen & Players.
3. Fantasy..."
Welcome to the Group!

message 12: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 3 comments Hey y'all, I'm Andrea.

My favorite book is City of Lost Souls, or any of the books from the Mortal Instruments.

I'm currently reading Evermore.

My favorite young adult genre is fantasy or romance.

I honestly can't think of any of the worst books I have read.

I want to join this group because I was sent a request and it looks like a pretty fantastically rad group.

message 13: by Joi (new)

Joi Andria wrote: "Joi wrote: "Heyyyyy.! I'm Joi.

2.I am currently reading a multitude of books including [book:C..."

Lol, a lot of people love TFIOS. I just could not finish it.

message 14: by Jim (new)

Jim Power (jimpower) My name is Jim Power and I am a Canadian writer published internationally by over 60 magazines and newspapers, including by the Smithsonian and many of the top outdoors magazines in North America. I have a long history of publishing fiction, with dozens of short stories in New York magazines and seven published novels in 2013/2014. I studied Honours English at St. Mary's University and majored in Russian Literature at Dalhousie before becoming a writer. I hitchh-hiked tens of thousands of miles in my youth.

I saw this group and did not want to intrude, but I have written a young adult novel called The End of the Line. It is an interracial romance story and I hope that someday some of you may read it.

It's the one thing I wanted to publish before I leave this Earth. Some of you may be writers, or may one day become writers, so you may understand what I mean at some point.

It can be found on many sites, including Amazon.com in both ebook and paperback:

http://www.amazon.com/End-Line-Jim-Po...

If none of you are interested, please accept my apology for disturbing you. If you would like to read a sample of this novel,go to the address above.

All the best,
Jim Power

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Andrea wrote: "Hey y'all, I'm Andrea.

My favorite book is City of Lost Souls, or any of the books from the Mortal Instruments.

I'm currently reading Evermore.

My favorite young adult genre is fantasy or
romanc..."

Welcome to the group Andrea thanks for joining!!:)

message 16: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 1 comments Hey, I'm Amanda.
My favorite book as of right now until something new replaces it would be "In the Forest of the Night".

Ironically I am currently reading "The Fault in Our Stars"

My favorite genre would definitely be romance. I love a good love story.

The worst book I ever read was "Twilight" another one topped this but it isn't young adult, so I had to leave it out.

I joined this group because, even though i'm an adult I love young adult great easy reads.

message 17: by karin (new)

karin (karinhammarlund) | 1 comments Hi! My name is Karin. Call me Karen please ^^

1. It's hard to name just one book. The Book Theif 'cause I just read it and still have some feels about it.

2. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. Not a YA but my dad recommended it to me.

3. Fantasy-Romance. No love-triangles please tho. Beautiful Creatures is a god example. But really I read just about anything.

4. I can't think of the WORST one but I really didn't like The Cunning Man by Celia Rees.

5. I love finding out about new books and reads and my tbr list is constantly growing.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Amanda wrote: "Hey, I'm Amanda.
My favorite book as of right now until something new replaces it would be "In the Forest of the Night".

Ironically I am currently reading "The Fault in Our Stars"

My favorite g..."

Welcome Amanda all ages are welcomed to be in this group!!:)

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Karin wrote: "Hi! My name is Karin. Call me Karen please ^^

1. It's hard to name just one book. The Book Theif 'cause I just read it and still have some feels about it.

2. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. N..."

Welcome Karen!!:)

message 20: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 2 comments Hey! I'm Danielle :)
all time favorite book: Will Grayson, Will Grayson
book I'm currently reading: Pretties, The Virgin Suicides, and The Great Gatsby
favorite genre of young adult books: dystopian
the worst book I have read: 10 Things to do before I die
I want to be in this group because I don't have anyone to talk about books with or to get recommendations from. I think this will be a fun group to just talk about books and help each other when in need of a new read!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Danielle wrote: "Hey! I'm Danielle :)
all time favorite book: Will Grayson, Will Grayson
book I'm currently reading: Pretties, The Virgin Suicides, and [book:The Great Gatsb..."

Welcome Danielle I'm glad you joined!!

message 22: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Calhoun (bonniescalhoun) | 5 comments Mod
Hi! My name is Bonnie, and since I'm probably older than dirt my favorites and least favorites change by what I've read recently and what I can remember beyond the lunch I had yesterday.

My all time favorite book is probably The Stand by Stephen King. If we're talking recently it would probably be a three-way between series (and not single books) Hunger Games, Divergent, and Wool.

I just finished reading Virulent: The Release, and tonight I finished Monument 14.

Favorite YA genre is without a doubt dystopian, especially since I just completed the first manuscript for a new YA dystopian series with Revell, called Thunder: Stone Braide Chronicles.

The worst book recently was Allegient. If I hadn't been reading it on my iPad I'd have thrown the sucker at the wall!

I hope to get some good recommendations on dystopian reads. I'm a voracious reader and it "cleans my palate" between deadlines.

message 23: by Jess (new)

Jess Bonnie wrote: "Hi! My name is Bonnie, and since I'm probably older than dirt my favorites and least favorites change by what I've read recently and what I can remember beyond the lunch I had yesterday.

My all ti..."

Welcome! I would've done the same thing, throwing alligent at the wall, but then I would have ruined it and it was a gift.

message 24: by Bonnie (new)

LOL...that book was sooooo annoying. We have a joke among writer circles that you can kill anything BUT THE DOG. Well now I've got a new one to add! Anything BUT the heroine!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Bonnie wrote: "Hi! My name is Bonnie, and since I'm probably older than dirt my favorites and least favorites change by what I've read recently and what I can remember beyond the lunch I had yesterday.

My all ti..."

Welcome to the group Bonnie!

message 26: by Taylor (new)

Taylor Laws (tlaws) | 7 comments Mod
Hey, Im Taylor the moderators best friend;) any way My favorite book is Impulse by Ellen Hopkins Right now i am reading Perfect Chemistry My favorite genre of YA books is edgy The worst book i have read is probably Roll of Thunder Hear my Cry (i don't know the author) I want to be in this group 1. because Andria made me be and 2. Because i love reading YA books

message 27: by Bonnie (new)

LOL...welcome.

You're a good friend to Andria!

message 28: by Taylor (last edited Feb 21, 2014 09:45AM) (new)

Taylor Laws (tlaws) | 7 comments Mod
Bonnie wrote: "LOL...welcome.

You're a good friend to Andria!"

Great Friend lol

message 29: by Bonnie (new)

LOL...we need a "like" button!

She owes you chocolate!

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Taylor wrote: "Hey, Im Taylor the moderators best friend;) any way My favorite book is Impulse by Ellen Hopkins Right now i am reading Perfect Chemistry My favorite genre of YA books is edgy The worst book i have..."

Lol I still have that book :P