YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

School Spirits
This topic is about School Spirits
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > School Spirits by Rachel Hawkins --- Restarting November 16th 2016

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mei (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mei (yeltminky) | 3878 comments Fifteen-year-old Izzy Brannick was trained to fight monsters. For centuries, her family has hunted magical creatures. But when Izzy’s older sister vanishes without a trace while on a job, Izzy's mom decides they need to take a break.

Izzy and her mom move to a new town, but they soon discover it’s not as normal as it appears. A series of hauntings has been plaguing the local high school, and Izzy is determined to prove her worth and investigate. But assuming the guise of an average teenager is easier said than done. For a tough girl who's always been on her own, it’s strange to suddenly make friends and maybe even have a crush.

Can Izzy trust her new friends to help find the secret behind the hauntings before more people get hurt?

Rachel Hawkins' delightful spin-off brings the same wit and charm as the New York Times best-selling Hex Hall series. Get ready for more magic, mystery and romance!

Everyone is welcome to join me and Aarati in reading this spin-off of the Hex Hall series!

message 2: by Aarati (new) - added it

Aarati | 296 comments :)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm joining.

message 4: by Mei (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mei (yeltminky) | 3878 comments Yay! Welcome Lindsey. :)

Marga  (margaraawr) | 1587 comments I'm joining, too. :)

message 6: by Inês (new) - added it

Inês | 583 comments If I manage to find time, I'll join :)

message 7: by Mei (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mei (yeltminky) | 3878 comments I'll start later tonight! Will be reading only a few chapters, though.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I will be starting tomorrow (the 25th for me)!

Marga  (margaraawr) | 1587 comments I'll start tonight, too.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Question: I have only read one book from the Hex Hall series. Will I be fine or does this not have one thing in common with it?

message 11: by Mei (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mei (yeltminky) | 3878 comments I suggest you read it after finishing the Hex Hall series, because there'll be spoilers...

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay then I will back out of this one.

message 13: by Aarati (new) - added it

Aarati | 296 comments I've been busy with college and assignments, so I never got time to read Spell Bound. I'll join this after I finish that.

message 14: by Mei (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mei (yeltminky) | 3878 comments Currently on Chapter 7! (view spoiler)

Curious what you all think!

message 15: by Inês (new) - added it

Inês | 583 comments I want to read this but I have no time whatsoever...I'm reading like 3 books already, being one of them to school and it's incredibly boring , so I don't know when I'll be able to start this.

message 16: by Mei (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mei (yeltminky) | 3878 comments That's alright Ines! :)

Marga  (margaraawr) | 1587 comments Finished with this already! Is this a part of a series?

message 18: by Mei (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mei (yeltminky) | 3878 comments I think it's a standalone.

What did you think Margarita? :)

Marga  (margaraawr) | 1587 comments Really? The ending was open-ended though.

It's a fun read! I mean, if you liked The Hex Hall Series, you would liked this, too. I liked Dex and he kind of reminds me of Will Herondale in TID. :)

message 20: by Mei (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mei (yeltminky) | 3878 comments Open-ended????? :( I hate those kinds of endings. :/ I usually give a low rating if a book ends like that!

Marga  (margaraawr) | 1587 comments Yes. I really thought that this is a part of a series because of the ending. I thought wrong:/

message 22: by Paula (last edited Jan 14, 2015 10:38AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Paula (paulaashlee) | 78 comments I think it was intended to be a series, but something changed.

(view spoiler)

I find that very disappointing and hope that whatever the reason she manages to continue the stories and complete them.

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
*******************************************************************************************************************************************************

Reading from the 16th of November 2016

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7158 comments Only past chapter 1 and I'm already disappointed. With Izzy.

prag ♻ (janayanation) I'm not entirely sure why that first chapter was there apart from showing Izzy always disappoints her mum?

prag ♻ (janayanation) What do you think of Izzy's school friends? The club, and everything?

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7158 comments I like all those things! I was disappointed by the prologue but after that, the book's been going good.

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7158 comments Chapter 5
(view spoiler)

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7158 comments Chapter 22
(view spoiler)

prag ♻ (janayanation) Quirks wrote: "Chapter 5
[spoilers removed]"

I LOVE TORIN!

prag ♻ (janayanation) Quirks wrote: "Chapter 22
[spoilers removed]"

mirror stalking xD
there's a revelation chapter in the end, if that's what you're looking for.

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7158 comments That could be a fun chapter.

Quirks (quirkyopinions) | 7158 comments Chapter 24
(view spoiler)