The Hogwartians Group discussion

Discussion Points/Opinions > What is the differaence between a poltergeist and a ghost??

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Janeen-san (last edited Jul 07, 2009 05:11PM) (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

message 2: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (lettingtheinkdry) hmmm..... Idk maybe Savannah Knows. SAVANNAH!!!!

message 3: by Savannah (new)

Savannah Morrow (SCMorrow) | 377 comments Mod
yes???? Here's what I think : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_... (Look at the ghost vs. Peeves)

message 4: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) Ahhhhhhh, that helped alot and was very interesting. Thanks!

message 5: by Savannah (new)

Your welcome! Wikipedia is so informative.

message 6: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) Yes, very. Thank you again!!!

message 7: by Savannah (new)

:D

message 8: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) :D

message 9: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (lettingtheinkdry) I knew savannah would know!

message 10: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) Thanks Savannah you are a well of HP knowledge!!

message 11: by Savannah (new)

Thanks! I've always thought that way about Pandy, actually! I have always loved Harry Potter.

message 12: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) Yiu guys are BOTH wells of knowledge :)
I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE MOVIE IT'S GOING TO BE SO AWSOME!

message 13: by Savannah (new)

I KNOW!!!!!!!!! I am going to it Wensday. I am dressing up as Luna! Are you guys dressing up?

message 14: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) OMG I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT! Oh dear...hmm...good idea...I was Hermione for Holleween once, but the robes won't fit me any more....should I dress up??? Do you have any ideas?

message 15: by Savannah (new)

I say be one of the students that you look like. (I have long, dirty blonde hair, and a pale face, so I am being Luna! She is my favourite character too!)

message 16: by Savannah (new)

PLease vote on the poll!

message 17: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) My hair is sort of blonde-brown....I could be Hermione, but i don't have robes....NOOO!! Who else could i be???????????? hmm..

message 18: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) Savannah wrote: "PLease vote on the poll!"

ok!

message 19: by Savannah (new)

I don't have robes either! My costume is not store bought either! I am wearing a white button-down, with a black skirt, white knee-high socks, black flats, a Ravenclaw scarf, a Ravenclaw hat, radish earings, and a weird necklace.

message 20: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) Cool!!! Did you make the scarf??

message 21: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) Is it hot over where you are? If I wore a buttondown I'd me really hot, unless we are going in the night-ish, so it'd be cool...

message 22: by Savannah (new)

I live in the southern part of the USA, so yes it is hot! My sister made the scarf and the hat. She also knit me a Gryffindor scarf, but Luna's in Ravenclaw not Gryffindor!

message 23: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) THAT'S AWSOME! I have a grown up friend who knit all the scafs for all the Houses! I saw them in her closet!! Is she going to be someone from Gryffindor??

message 24: by Savannah (new)

My sister? Yes! Hermione!!! She is a total bookworm and and awesome sister!

message 25: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) Cool!!!!!!!!!!! Hey guess what? One time for Holloween I was Hermione and I saw another Hermione!! It was funny!! THAT'S AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 26: by Savannah (new)

That's funny!!!!

message 27: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (lettingtheinkdry) The movie was Not as amazing as I wanted it to be.... :(

message 28: by Savannah (new)

really? I liked it!

message 29: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) I liked it too!!

message 30: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (lettingtheinkdry) i liked it they just took out alot.....

message 31: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) yeah

message 32: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 178 comments Agreed. The battle and the funeral were cut. Those were important.

message 33: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) You mean the battle at the castle when Harry was with Dumbeldore on the tower? That one?

WHY DID THEY CUT OUT THE FUNERAL?!?!?! That, I thought, was probably the worst thing to have cut out, because his death would seem...you know, more real. Everyone raising their wands...sure, that looked cool, but I didn't get the feeling that everyone was sad.

message 34: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 178 comments Janeen-san (The Girl Who Lept Through Time FAN!!) wrote: "You mean the battle at the castle when Harry was with Dumbeldore on the tower? That one?

WHY DID THEY CUT OUT THE FUNERAL?!?!?! That, I thought, was probably the worst thing to have cut out, bec..."

Yep. That one. The one where everyone(mainly the D.A) would have died without the Felix Felicis. My theory is that they're trying to save the action for the last movie. Living through a battle once makes the other one seem not as drastic.
The funeral was important cause that's where Harry tells Ginny that he can't date her anymore, cause Voldemort would try to kill her to get to him.
And, during the added scene at the burrow, Tonks calls Lupin "sweetheart". We're not supposed to know about that until the last book.

Actually going back to the subject (or close to it), why exactly was Peeves taken out of the movies? He was kinda important.

message 35: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) Jordan wrote: " Janeen-san (The Girl Who Lept Through Time FAN!!) wrote: "You mean the battle at the castle when Harry was with Dumbeldore on the tower? That one?

WHY DID THEY CUT OUT THE FUNERAL?!?!?! That, I t..."

Oh, yeah! The Felix Felicis! Well, in the movie, when Harry drank it, it sort of looked like he drank it all...AND they cut it out. I thought Tonks and Lupin are sweet together, but you got a point,
"We're not supposed to know about that until the last book."

You're absolutly right.

Sorry I g2g :(

message 36: by Savannah (new)

I think peeves was taken out maybe because he isn't crucial to the story, and the technology must be kinda hard.

message 37: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 178 comments I guess that makes sense, but they kept the ghosts. They seems like a technology challenge. Hmm.

message 38: by Janeen-san (new)

Janeen-san  (misswannareadalot) I wondered why the cut Peeves out...he was funny, but not exaclty important to unlocking the Chamber of Secrets, or anything....hmmm...