Challenge: 50 Books discussion

*Retired* 2008 Lists > Eric's Books for 2008

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jess_chitty) I just started reading Plum Island by Nelson DeMille, and so far so good. I'm really enjoying it. What did you think of the two you read in January? I tend to get addicted to an author and read as many of his/her books as I can. I did that with Steve Berry books a year or two ago... Good stuff!

message 2: by Kelly (new)

Kelly B (kellyb) Ah, Lonesome Dove is one of my favorite books of all time! How did you like it? In parts it actually made me laugh out loud--I love the dialogue between Gus and Call. And how about the cook? He was a great character and he brought out the best in the other characters.

message 3: by Linda (new)

Linda Lonesome Dove is also one of my favorite books. McMurtry creates character and dialogue and evokes setting so beautifully, and so realistically. Lonesome Dove ranks among the best historical fiction I've ever read.

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer A.M. (jenniferam) | 106 comments What did you think of the Wheel of Darkness? I felt it was sort of a weird cop-out ending. Not up to what they usually put together. However - I very much enjoyed Blasphemy and stayed up all night reading it to finish. Just curious. I don't know many people who read the Preston/Child stuff.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Plum Island (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Nelson DeMille (other topics)