#AYEARATHON discussion

Looking ahead...

Comments Showing 1-50 of 58 (58 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by AmandaEmma (new)

AmandaEmma (frklitteratur) | 3 comments I think I am going to re-read new moon and eclipse :) I recently re-read Twilight, so I don't see the point in doing it again so soon :)

Kelly Commaille (Velvet Library) (velvetlibrary) I think I'll read The Host and The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner, as I've not read those yet, and maybe reread Twilight :)

message 3: by Excalibur (new)

Excalibur Snape | 22 comments Not going to be joining in this month. I did like twilight but I just don't feel it.
I did not like the book New Moon nor did I like the movie favorite book was breaking dawn followed by eclipse. I did not watch breaking dawn part one or two although I own one never got around to two.
Team Emmett all the way he is my teddy bear with fangs.
He is the comic relief.
If truth be told I preferred the supporting characters to the main characters.
Don't want to reread the host read it once and enjoyed it and that was when it first came out before all the hype.
Now it is to hyped up and its sort of ruined for me. Can't wait to read the second one can't believe she's making it into a series.
Do the graphic novels count for this readathon.

message 4: by Emily (last edited Feb 11, 2014 12:50PM) (new)

Emily Westlake | 1 comments I am actually really looking forward to this one! I aim to read them all because I haven't read them since everyone started hating them, so I want to see how my opinion has changed in the 6 years since I last read them. I must agree, everyone else hating them sort of affected my opinion, as well as the movies; Twilight was laughably terrible.I had no idea that The Host was a trilogy though!? And what's this Short Second Life of Bree Tanner? Is that something to do with The Host, because I may have to read that instead! Also, I don't know why but March feels like such a Twilight month!

message 5: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (storiesandsnickerdoodles) | 1 comments I'm so rereading the Host. Probably one of my favorite books of all time!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm gonna go back to Harry potter for this readathon because I've read the twilight books two or three times when I was younger and that was more than enough

message 7: by Rachel (new)

Rachel I think I'm going to read The Host. I tried starting it before and couldn't get into it. I let one of my co-workers borrow it and she really liked it.

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I shall be reading Eclipse as I haven't read it yet. I really enjoyed the preceding two so I'm excited to carry on.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm going to be finally finishing the Host. I've tried a couple of times before. Hopefully this time I can get past page 100

Cristian (The Bookish God) | 3 comments Oh! I actually was thinking on re-reading the Twilight books so this is perfect! I will probably re-read Twilight and New Moon :)

message 11: by AmandaEmma (new)

AmandaEmma (frklitteratur) | 3 comments Alyssa wrote: "AmandaEmma (little miss reader) wrote: "I think I am going to re-read new moon and eclipse :) I recently re-read Twilight, so I don't see the point in doing it again so soon :)"

Woo! You go, girl!..."

I enjoyed it just as much as the first time, but Bella still irritates me.

I prefer The Host to Twilight :)

message 12: by Monica (new)

Monica Go | 84 comments I'm thinking about it..in case i have to finish Twilight i left last month...

message 13: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Amelotti (mamelotti96) | 4 comments I have lost interest in the Twilight series, which is a shame because I remember how excited I would get when I bought the next book. However, I think I will try to read the Host.

message 14: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 1 comments I will probably be rereading Twilight and New Moon, it has been so long since I read those books! I remember how much fun I had reading them the first time - can't wait to give them a reread :)

message 15: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenm2111) Not going to participate in this months readathon. Read the Twilight series ages ago, I did enjoy it - but not enough to do a re-read!! Enjoy your books guys. Catch ya's next month!!

message 16: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisarhianon) | 2 comments Hey I will definitely be joining in. I loved them when I first read them. Then the films came out and ruined it so I haven't read any since. I'm hoping to read Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse if I have enough time. :)

message 17: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Holloway (yabookbubble) Count me in! I've been wanting to read the Twilight Saga for about 3 months. Also, that's my birthday week, so yay! :)

message 18: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Barnes | 2 comments I will be taking part. I don't currently have my copy of Twilight as a friend is currently borrowing it. But I will be reading the rest of the series as well as reading The Host :)

message 19: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (readingwest) | 4 comments I'll be participating! Unfortunately, I found out about this challenge too late to do the Harry Potter week, but I will hopefully be doing the rest of the weeks!

I'm kind of looking forward to reading as much of the Twilight series as I can because I feel like I, too, might have been sucked into the Anti-Twilight Bandwagon and I want to make sure I really do dislike the writing, haha.

I will be blogging daily about it as well. :)

message 20: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten (kielianne) | 163 comments I haven't decided for sure if I will participate next month. But if I do I'll be reading Twilight (which has sat on my shelf for ages) for the first time. I don't own the rest of the series so depending on how the first goes I may continue with the others from the library or start into The Host which I also own (I barely started the audiobook before the movie came out but didn't finish it as I didn't care for the narration - if I remember correctly)

message 21: by Thalia Soul (new)

Thalia Soul not gonna re-read the twilight series, been there,done that, doesn't feel to me like I need to experience it another time :) but I will be reading the host then which is laying on my nightstand since weeks now so I m good to go :)

message 22: by Brittney (new)

Brittney (britsbooknook) I will definitely be participating. This is my excuse to finally finish the series. I'll probably start with New Moon but I don't think I'll get through all of them, even though that's the goal.

message 23: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylumpkin) I might re read breaking dawn. last April I reread the series but couldn't finish that one I just lost interest in the series.

message 24: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia (cyndiebug) I won't be participating this month simply because I want to read A Storm of Swords before season 4 of GOT comes out! I'd love to re-read Eclipse though. It was my favorite of the four; I felt like the characters had much more depth in Eclipse than in any of the others!

Good luck to everyone participating!

message 25: by Shell (new)

Shell (shelllovesbooks1) I'll be re-reading twilight this month maybe the short life of Bree tanner if I got time.

message 26: by Kristy (new)

Kristy (kmliska) I think I will read The Host becuase I love it and Twilight. I haven't ready any of the Twilight series since the movies came out so this will be a fun reread.

message 27: by Emily (new)

Emily Kelly (scatteredemily) | 11 comments I'm not sure if I'm going to be taking part this month...I have an essay due in that week and, well, my Twilight books are at home. But, I might bring 2 back with me if I get my essay done. But...I don't know!!! Argh

message 28: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melstephensbooks) I think I might reread Twilight. I haven't read it in a long time.

message 29: by Carolin (new)

Carolin I thought about reading "Fifty Shades of Grey" as this developed from Twilight fan fiction, didn't it? I started the series like half a year ago but didn't read much as I soon left for a semester abroad and I didn't take the book with me. Now I'm back home and thought that this week would be a good opportunity to go back to the series. I also have the Twilight boxed set on my shelf still un-read. So maybe I'll continue with them if I still have time, but I think this is rather unlikely ;)

message 30: by Emma (new)

Emma Reeve | 7 comments Emily wrote: "I am actually really looking forward to this one! I aim to read them all because I haven't read them since everyone started hating them, so I want to see how my opinion has changed in the 6 years s..."

The Second Life of Bree Tanner is a small book within the Twilight series, a spin off from a minor character in Eclipse. I really like it as it showed the other side to all that goes on with the issues in Eclipse which is pretty cool. I had no idea The Host was a trilogy either although I love the first book, so excited for more now!

message 31: by Kobi (new)

Kobi (kobiijadexo_) | 10 comments I haven't yet started reading the the Twilight series and I have them just sitting on my shelf and this is a great opportunity to get into the series!

message 32: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Newman (jessnewmz) I have been wanting to read Twilight for a while so I am going to finally read the series. I want to read The Host too but I will read that another time because I might not even be able to get through the Twilight series in the time period. I'll finish the series anyway.

message 33: by JL (new)

JL (hunklemonkey) I'm going to reread all 4 books. Looking forward to going into them with a fresh mind. I remember liking them when I first read them but all them bad hype affected me, my fear is that I hate them because all the talk. I'm not expecting anything amazing from them but I think ill be able to appreciate them for what they are.

message 34: by Gigi (new)

Gigi (farogiron) | 4 comments I'll be rereading all of them for sure :). I miss my Edward, Emmett, Jasper, and Carlisle.

message 35: by Karina (new)

Karina Hernandez (mylifeinstories) | 8 comments I am getting so excited to be rereading this series next week!! i'm getting so pumped! I haven't read the Short Second Life of Bree Tanner yet so i am DEFINITELY reading that during the week. I think I'm going to read the series backwards...see how that ends up lol :)

message 36: by Brianna (new)

Brianna (briannant) I'm just going to read The Host since I have already read the Twilight series

message 37: by ke-sha (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 2033 comments Mod
C_ wrote: "I thought about reading "Fifty Shades of Grey" as this developed from Twilight fan fiction, didn't it? I started the series like half a year ago but didn't read much as I soon left for a semester a..."

Yes it was based off Twilight FanFic. I never though to read it for the #AYEARATHON but maybe when I finish the twilight series I'll start on Fifty Shades Of Grey since I do own it :)

message 38: by ke-sha (new)

Kobi wrote: "I haven't yet started reading the the Twilight series and I have them just sitting on my shelf and this is a great opportunity to get into the series!"

Well I hope you enjoy the books its one of my favorite series :)

message 39: by ke-sha (new)

Jess wrote: "I have been wanting to read Twilight for a while so I am going to finally read the series. I want to read The Host too but I will read that another time because I might not even be able to get thro..."

Yeah, Yeah I though about reading The Host as well as Twilight but then I was like "Thats Probably Not Going To Happen".

Good Luck with your goal :D

message 40: by ke-sha (new)

Karina wrote: "I am getting so excited to be rereading this series next week!! i'm getting so pumped! I haven't read the Short Second Life of Bree Tanner yet so i am DEFINITELY reading that during the week. I thi..."

Lol thats going to be interesting experience, Reading books out of order tend to give it a different feel.

Ive never read the Short second Life Of Bree Tanner either so Im hoping to get to it also, If I can find it. Its one of my Bookshelf's Im sure :D

message 41: by ke-sha (new)

Ria wrote: "I'm gonna go back to Harry potter for this readathon because I've read the twilight books two or three times when I was younger and that was more than enough"

Lol Just done with twilight huh? Did you read The Host?
Which Harry Potter books are you going to be reading?
I'm Currently still on the fourth One because Ive been in a Harry Potter FanFiction Haze Lol Its so shameful.

message 42: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (alavair1) | 20 comments I think I might reread Fifty Shades of Grey and then reread some Twilight if I have time. I think I'll skip New Moon though as it was my least favorite and the whole thing irritated me hahaha. Random question: Is this the entire month or like a week?

Marina (marinainw0nderland) (rinareviewsbks) | 4 comments I'm gonna be rereading twilight. And possibly Harry potter and the philosophers stone since I didn't get a chance to get to it last month.

message 44: by Cataluna6 (new)

Cataluna6 | 4 comments I'm going to reread all of them if possible, I didn't participate in Feb, so I started early with Twilight, I think I'm about halfway through atm. I'd like to reread The Host as well, I never actually finished it the first time around.

message 45: by ke-sha (new)

Ashley wrote: "I think I might reread Fifty Shades of Grey and then reread some Twilight if I have time. I think I'll skip New Moon though as it was my least favorite and the whole thing irritated me hahaha. Rand..."

Its the first Full week of Each month so For March its the 3rd-9th

message 46: by Kobi (new)

Kobi (kobiijadexo_) | 10 comments I really hope Twilight is worth all the hype it gets :)

message 47: by Orla-Kate (new)

Orla-Kate | 11 comments I'll probably start twilight on Saturday and officially for the read-a-thon I shall try and eat my way through the rest of the series. Wishing everybody luck! X

message 48: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 3 comments I can't tackle re-reading any of the Twilight books or The Host right now. I might read the Bree Tanner one. I just bought it recently and haven't read it yet. It's nice and short.

message 49: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (frosteddiamonds) | 1 comments Should have looked at this post sooner! I just finished reading The Host! If I'd of know it would count for the March Twilight #AYEARATHON I would have waited! Oh well. Going to try to re-read twilight! Haven't read it in about 6 years! Good luck everyone!

message 50: by Shay (new)

Shay | 2 comments I think I'm going to re-read Eclipse because I've recently re-read Twilight and New Moon. Eclipse is the book that I've read right through and haven't has time to re-read. It will be nice to re-read.

« previous 1