YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Dear John
This topic is about Dear John
BUDDY READ: Contemporary/Romance > Dear John by Nicholas Sparks - Restarting May 22nd 2017

Comments Showing 1-50 of 57 (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Christina | 4418 comments Join me and Heather in reading Dear John on Valentines Day lol :)

Steph Johnson (stephjhnsn) | 33 comments Ill read it with you guys! I never actually read the book just watched the movie.

Christina | 4418 comments @Steph
Nice :) I've never watched nor read the book. This will be my first book by Nicholas Sparks! Hopefully it's good!

Steph Johnson (stephjhnsn) | 33 comments I enjoyed the movie. But i've had the book for years now and it just sat on my book shelf never been read.

María | 2107 comments Can I join you?

Steph Johnson (stephjhnsn) | 33 comments What time are we starting tomorrow?

message 7: by Christina (last edited Feb 14, 2014 02:45AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Christina | 4418 comments @Maria
Of course!

I've read about 17% and it's quite engaging. Easy to read writing style.
(view spoiler)

Christina | 4418 comments @Steph
I think we live in different time zones so start whenever you can. It's already 4pm here in Sydney Australia so I've already started :)

Steph Johnson (stephjhnsn) | 33 comments Oh okay. Will do! Its 12:45 am here. So ill start in a bit!

Christina | 4418 comments 27%: The pacing is good for a realistic book, it's like John and Savannah's conversation are like everyday conversations of two people getting to know each other.

Steph Johnson (stephjhnsn) | 33 comments I am on chapter 7. its going pretty good. Kicking myself for never reading the book. Its good and i love the way everything is described. you dont get that by watching the movie. Everything just seems natural and flowing nicely.

María | 2107 comments Sorry girls! I couldn't start it today. I have a very romantic day with my boyfriend <3 So I don't have any time for this book :(

Christina | 4418 comments Nps enjoy!

Christina | 4418 comments 40% - Bleh (view spoiler)

Christina | 4418 comments 67% - (view spoiler)

Christina | 4418 comments 82% - Oh dear.. (view spoiler)

Christina | 4418 comments Finished - constant wtf. Sadness book ever. I should've expected this... (view spoiler)

María | 2107 comments 24% End of chapter 5 (view spoiler)

María | 2107 comments 51% (view spoiler)

Christina | 4418 comments @Maria
Good to know it's better than the movie...
I know I'll pass on ever watching the movie because I don't want to go through that again :(

Steph Johnson (stephjhnsn) | 33 comments The book is totally better than the movie. I agree.

María | 2107 comments Christina wrote: "@Maria
Good to know it's better than the movie...
I know I'll pass on ever watching the movie because I don't want to go through that again :("

I finished it!. I like it. It is very sad but it is a Nicholas Sparks's Novel so I can't say I'm shocked.
(view spoiler)

María | 2107 comments The movie has two ends. I don't remember which is the alternative, the one is like the book or the open one...

Christina | 4418 comments Either way I don't take sad endings or open ended endings well :P Yup, definitely should've expected this from a Nicholas Sparks book!

Steph Johnson (stephjhnsn) | 33 comments Finished! Its sad but its a good book! The ending made cry. Now i will have to watch the movie later this week and compare the two.

María | 2107 comments Yea! I want to watch the movie again too

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83339 comments Mod
***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Date Changed. Restarting June 24th 2016. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
**********************************************************************************

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

17 % done
(view spoiler)

mollusskka I haven't started yet but i will soon. I'd watched the movie but didn't really like it. Hope the book is much better.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

I usually read his books first and then watch the movie because well they are cute but not that good

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

@eKa comparing our books i saw that you have my sister's keeper on your to-read,message me if you would like to buddy read that :)

mollusskka That's a good decision, Lidya.

mollusskka @Lidya, okay, sure! Been wanting to read it and once again I'd watched the movie first hahaha. Maybe i'll read it next month. I'll message you when I'm ready.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

I have so many br's I will probably have time in August anyway :) My friend wants me to see the movie but I am always like "book firsttt"

mollusskka @Lidya August is fine. How about you let me know anytime you're ready?

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok I will message you :)

mollusskka I just finished chapter one. John's father is the character I'm willing to read more and more. His story is saddening. I think I like this father son relationships more than John and Savannah. Okay, it's to early to say that.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

45% (view spoiler)

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Christina wrote: "40% - Bleh [spoilers removed]"

Reminds ne of Ted on How i met your mother

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

69 %
(view spoiler)

Victoria | 874 comments I hope no one minds if I join in on this - I didn't realize there was a BR and I finished it on my commute the other day!

15%
(view spoiler)

Victoria | 874 comments 40%
(view spoiler)

Victoria | 874 comments 41%
(view spoiler)

Victoria | 874 comments 75%
(view spoiler)

Victoria | 874 comments 100%
(view spoiler)

mollusskka Victoria wrote: "I hope no one minds if I join in on this - I didn't realize there was a BR and I finished it on my commute the other day!

15%

Yeah, me too Victoria. I really feel you about this relationship. T_T

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

88% Finish alreadyy

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Finally 100%
Didn't like it .Will post review soon

mollusskka Man, i didn't turn any page still. Gotta catch you all up.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

eKa wrote: "Man, i didn't turn any page still. Gotta catch you all up."

Well in my opinion don't even bother.No comparison to other Sparks books,this one is plain mushy and boring

« previous 1