Superhero Writers discussion

General > What are you writing?

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katie (new)

Katie Daniels | 18 comments And how is it coming along?

message 2: by Katie (new)

Katie Daniels | 18 comments Ack! I want to submit something for that! I'm totally idea-less, though. Best of luck to you!

I'm still hammering away at my omnibus, and occasionally working on the final draft of "Superhero of the Day."

message 3: by Shadow (last edited Feb 12, 2014 07:21PM) (new)

Shadow | 12 comments I've been working on the superhero dystopia novel I started.

message 4: by Ben (new)

Ben Langdon How far are you through it Shadow?

message 5: by Ben (new)

Ben Langdon I've just published The Miranda Contract - http://www.amazon.com/The-Miranda-Con...

Waiting for the paperback to be ready before I start jumping up and down.

I'm working on the sequel as well as planning further books down the line.

Side Question (probably for Raymond): do you ever find yourself writing more than one book at a time from the same series? I've got pretty detailed plot summaries / outlines for Book 2 and 3, but was thinking maybe I should just knuckle down and write the second book. What are your thoughts?

message 6: by Ben (new)

Ben Langdon Thanks Raymond. I can totally understand the drop-off in readers between books - gotta keep it coming!

message 7: by Katie (new)

Katie Daniels | 18 comments I have started on all five books of S.2 of Supervillains, in some form or another. If I get stuck on one I often go work on the next one, or jump way ahead in the series. Writing many books at once is totally cool.

I think I finally finished "Superhero of the Day," and a proof copy for the omnibus is in the mail! Both are very exciting. :D

message 8: by Ben (new)

Ben Langdon That's amazing Katie - six at once. I'd love to do that! I've got some leave from work coming up in July and I'm going to lock myself into writer-mode for a month. Don't think I'll be able to manage six, but books 2 and 3 should get a solid work out. :)

message 9: by Katie (new)

Katie Daniels | 18 comments Well, I didn't finish them all at once. I usually do all the outlines and then draft sporadically, and then do the editing in order.

message 10: by Katie (new)

Katie Daniels | 18 comments Aww, thanks. :)
I'm afraid I'm not as much of a role model this year. I got hardly any drafting done last year, which puts me way behind on editing.

message 11: by Ben (new)

Ben Langdon I just got a review... and I don't even know who it is. Awesome! I feel like a real author now. :)

http://www.amazon.com/The-Miranda-Con...

message 12: by Katie (new)

Katie Daniels | 18 comments My omnibus is DONE! I'll be putting up a Goodreads giveaway sometime this month, but in the meantime it's on Amazon! http://www.amazon.com/Supervillain-Da...

And I'm having a review giveaway: http://supervillainoftheday.com/relea...

And I'm really, really, really excited because I've been working on this for about six months and it's really, really gorgeous. Go check it out! Please! Spread the word!

message 13: by Ben (new)

Ben Langdon Thanks Raymond. I've sent them to my kindle and will read them hopefully within the month. Would you do an author interview for my blog once I've reviewed the first book? Www.benlangdon.net

message 14: by Russ (new)

Russ Linton | 17 comments I've got a novel coming out in June, Crimson Son. It isn't intended to be a series and it isn't really about superheroes. It's about the powerless son of a superhero thrust into his father's world. A bit quirky, but still plenty of comic action and tropes blended with what I hope is an emotionally engaging story.

I see some great looking stuff listed here - ARRRGH must feed the beast that is my reading list!

message 15: by Katie (new)

Katie Daniels | 18 comments I'm trying to finish up the second book in season two "The Dragon of London." I've been stuck on the ending for weeks and now I think I've finally got a handle on where it needs to go. Fingers crossed...

message 16: by Shadow (new)

Shadow | 12 comments Ben wrote: "How far are you through it Shadow?"

I'm making great progress, thanks! I hope to have the rough draft finished in several weeks or sooner. I like having my own collection of superheroes. ^_^

message 17: by C.L. (new)

C.L. | 5 comments I've written one book for my Lady Midnight Series. Here's the description:

Superheroes exist to "Save The World". But what if the world needs saving from the superheroes?
The Mighty Superhero Security Squad came together to protect mankind. Then something went terribly wrong and they became super control freaks bent on world domination. For everyone's own good of course.
So what happens when you're the only superhero standing in their way? Annie Brunswick is about to find out. But first she has to learn how to control her superpowers, which she just got, figure out what is really going on with The Squad, and then save the world. Nothing to it.
Right.
She's not the last hope, she's the only hope. That's why everyone is Chasing Lady Midnight.

http://www.amazon.com/Chasing-Lady-Mi...

message 18: by C.L. (new)

C.L. | 5 comments Keshena wrote: "Sounds good:)"
It is, if I do say so myself, which I just did.

message 19: by Niall (new)

Niall Teasdale | 3 comments Currently working on Shadows, which will be the second in my "Ultrahumans" series. It's maybe 66-75% of the way to first draft. I'm hoping to have it wrapped before Easter.

Meanwhile, because my brain won't shut up, I've been working out the plot for book 3, which is going to have some sort of "mink-related" title and be based around San Francisco. Not sure when that'll get written though; I also have a space opera trilogy to write.

message 20: by Doug (new)

Doug Cudmore | 2 comments Hey all, just joining the group. I'm a full-time newspaper editor who just took a stab at self-publishing my dream superhero novel earlier this year (I'm looking for feedback; please check me out in the promotions chat). Excited to see an active community of others doing the same thing.

message 21: by Emerson (last edited Jul 27, 2015 11:15PM) (new)

Emerson Cain | 2 comments Hi, my names Adam.
I've been working on my superhero series for a while now.
Just self-published Book 1 on amazon.com
Might Makes Right
By Emerson Cain

message 22: by Niall (new)

Niall Teasdale | 3 comments FYI - Shadows was released at the weekend on Amazon and Smashwords.

message 23: by Brian (new)

Brian Foster (bwfoster78) | 16 comments I'm getting ready to publish my debut novel, an epic fantasy, and decided that I needed a quick breather from what is going to be a long series.

I'm almost finished outlining Repulsive, my superhero novel. Read Chris Fox's 5000 WPH - my goal is a complete rough draft of the novel in 34 days. Wish me luck! I'll be starting next Monday :)

message 24: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 22, 2015 07:22PM) (new)

I'M NOT STEALING IDEAS! My own heroes and villains stories were INSPIRED BYthe movies: "The Avengers 1" and "Thor 2: The Dark World".

It takes place in the mountain area and the forest area and in the GhostTown area.

message 25: by Brian (new)

Brian D Howard | 3 comments My first novel, Simon Rising, comes out March 9th.
Simon Rising is the story of Steve Ambrose, a bank robber who is shot while being arrested and wakes up in the hospital with no memories, but with telekinetic powers. Hunted by the law and his criminal past he must discover if he can change who he is, or if the dark person everyone accuses him of being is too deeply a part of his nature to escape.

message 26: by Brian (new)

Brian D Howard | 3 comments The first two chapters are up to read as PDF at the book listing:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...