Get equipped > Welcome! Introduce yourself

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tema (new)

Tema | 41 comments Mod
Welcome to the Great YA Book Hunt!

message 2: by Tema (new)

Tema | 41 comments Mod
Hello! My name's Tema and I am currently studying at university. My dream is to become a filmmaker. Besides my love for films, I am obsessed with reading amazing books. Since I only have so much time to read a year, I may as well read the good stuff, right? Looking forward to discovering the great ones together!

message 3: by alyssa (new)

alyssa | 19 comments Hi, my name is Alyssa. I love reading and since I only recently discovered my love for books, I'm trying to catch up with the books I missed when I was younger. I also love art :)

message 4: by Tema (new)

Tema | 41 comments Mod
Hey Alyssa! Welcome to the club. Looking forward to discussing awesome books with you!!

message 5: by Becka (new)

Becka (becka_anne) Hello, My name is Becka. I really enjoy reading YA books. I would particularly like to read outside of the dystopian YA genre that is very popular at the moment. I really enjoy them, I just struggle to find anything that ISNT dystopian and YA right now.

message 6: by Tema (new)

Tema | 41 comments Mod
Welcome Becka! It's so awesome to have you join us! I know what you mean. YA dystopians are definitely in at the moment. Aside from dystopians, what other genres interest you?

message 7: by Becka (new)

Becka (becka_anne) I really enjoy horror or paranormal/fantasy, though I will read pretty much anything to be honest.

What genres are your favourite?

I have just finished reading The Selection (The Selection, #1) by Kiera Cass and The Elite (The Selection, #2) by Kiera Cass which I really enjoyed. Although the are dystopian, I would put the main theme of those as romance. They were both great - I read them both in a day.

message 8: by Taro-bun (new)

Taro-bun | 3 comments Hello I'm Taro-Bun,
I really like reading books - especially really good ones.
I also like creative writing as well - although I'm not the best at it... But no worries! :)
Not sure what else to say...
Well, that's all for now then.
Taro-Bun

message 9: by Tema (new)

Tema | 41 comments Mod
Hey Taro-Bun! Welcome!

message 10: by Tema (new)

Tema | 41 comments Mod
Becka wrote: "I really enjoy horror or paranormal/fantasy, though I will read pretty much anything to be honest.

What genres are your favourite?

I have just finished reading The Selection (The Selection, #1) by Kiera Cass ..."

My favourite genres are fantasy, sci-fi and mystery/thriller. I like to read realistic fiction now and then.

If you're looking for fantasy/paranormal to read you could try Shadow and Bone and Finnikin of the Rock, which I already told you about :) If you want to mix up a bit of fantasy with palace intrigue/historical I highly recommend The Thief and especially its follow ons, namely The King of Attolia. But don't read the blurbs for books 2 - 4 because they contain SPOILERS!

For sci-fi maybe Virals or These Broken Stars

message 11: by Aces (new)

Aces | 1 comments Hi,I'm Aces and I love reading to the point where everything and anything automatically becomes a standstill as I read. I love to write but that's for another time maybe? hahahaha, I'm still looking for a good YA book and unfortunately, they are all too cliche for me.
Anyways... hi and yeah :)

message 12: by Tema (new)

Tema | 41 comments Mod
Welcome Aces! Super glad you've joined us! That's precisely the reason why The Great YA Book Hunt exists :D I find many YA books quite cliched/unoriginal. My hopes for this club is that it'll be a place where we can find and discuss really awesome YA books together! And maybe we'll hear about your writing soon :)

message 13: by Dana (new)

Dana Hey, my name is Dana, I'm 24 and live in the Great North. Obviously I love reading and just this year started actively reviewing. It's amazing how many free books you can get when you start giving feedback. I am always looking for friends on Goodreads as none of my real life friends love reading like I do. Favourite genres are Dystopian/Paranormal/Young Adult. I am currently taking online prerequisite courses in the hopes of eventually becoming a dental assistant. That's all for now folks!

message 14: by Tema (new)

Tema | 41 comments Mod
Welcome Dana! You may be interested in sharing your reviews in 'The Tavern' folder! At the end of last year i also decided to start reviewing what i've read. So that's my goal for this year - review every single book! Do you review via a blog or just on goodreads?

message 15: by Dana (new)

Dana Just on Goodreads, I'm not confident enough for a blog yet lol. I will try to weed out some of my less crappy reviews to post in the folder.

message 16: by Tema (new)

Tema | 41 comments Mod
I'm sure they're not crappy!