Modern Book Collecting discussion

Dealers > Booklegger's Chicago Il.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kevin (new)

Kevin (spiralcity) | 297 comments Mod
Bookleggers is a used book store located in Chicago, Il. 2907 W. Broadway. Hours are Noon - 9:00 Monday - Friday, I'm not sure of the weekend hours.

Phone: 773-404-8780

They deal in a little bit of everything. If your looking for store credit, or simply want to sell a few books, odds are they will accommodate you.

message 2: by JDB (last edited Jul 20, 2014 04:33PM) (new)

JDB | 154 comments Mod
I was just at this dealers shop. I dropped of 12 books, he took 5 and gave me 20.00 in credit. Not bad considering the books I brought them where free to me.

I now have 60.00 in credit with them. I'll keep building that credit pile.

message 3: by Kevin (new)

Nice to hear Joe. I haven't stopped in their shop in quite some time. I think I have 25.00 on the books with them.

message 4: by JDB (new)

JDB | 154 comments Mod
LOL...Credit bumped! Now I have 74.00 on the books!

message 5: by Kevin (last edited Nov 19, 2014 09:27AM) (new)

Joe, when you going to use that credit? I heard they may change the policy on credit. If I am correct, they want to give you 50% store credit and you pay the other 50% in cash.

I don't like that policy. It is a kick in the backside to the scouts who have been supplying them with great titles for many years. I'm not just a scout, I collect, and I brought them books on good faith, in return I could use the credit I accumulated on any title I wished, cash free.

What's the point of scouting for them now? There are plenty of book dealers between Chicago and Milwaukee who abide by the book trade standard.