Kenyons Minions discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Reading Challenges > Challenge Sign ups

Comments Showing 1-50 of 886 (886 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 17 18

message 1: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new)

Shari-amor | 5275 comments This thread will be used for any challenges that require sign ups and assigning of partners or books for those challenges.

message 2: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (last edited May 20, 2015 02:02PM) (new)

Shari-amor | 5275 comments Secret Santa Rules

1. Signing up (last week of each 3 month season and before the 1st of the next season. Ex. Fall season goes from Sept.-Nov. Winter sign up will be open during the last week of Nov before Dec. 1st for winter challenge)via posting 7 books from their TBR list.

2. When there are enough participants (shooting for 10-12 for winter), *I* will randomly match up partners.

3. Once partners are chosen, For the Fall and Winter sessions of the challenge, listing 7 books and picking 5 from that 7 for their partners.

For the Spring and Summer sessions of the challenge, participants will list 10 books and 8 books will be picked to be read.

4. Once I have all the selections in, then I will play Santa and do the big reveal on what everyone is reading.

5. From there you are welcome to dive right into your selections. Just remember to come back to share your thoughts on the books with everyone, which is the fun part of this challenge. And even learn what others are saying about different books you might be interested in as well.

This challenge will run at 3 month season intervals For Ex. Winter challenge will run from Dec. 1st - March 1st. So plenty of time to get reading and sharing.

message 3: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (last edited Jun 01, 2015 10:58AM) (new)

Shari-amor | 5275 comments Summer Secret Santa

- Is now closed for signups and selections have been chosen. I will post selections and in the discussion thread for your convenience. I hope yall enjoy your reads. Further discussion will move back to the Secret Santa thread. A link for that thread is located at the bottom of the post.For those that have missed out, that's okay signups for the Fall will begin in September. Happy Reading!

Participants
1. Dhfan4life:
Alien Mate (Alien Mate, #1) by Eve Langlais Mirror Image by Danielle Steel Taking Instruction (Taboo, #1) by Cheyenne McCray Tempted (Alex Kennedy, #1) by Megan Hart Naked (Alex Kennedy, #2) by Megan Hart Cold Burn of Magic (Black Blade #1) by Jennifer Estep Spider's Trap (Elemental Assassin, #13) by Jennifer Estep Allegiant (Divergent, #3) by Veronica Roth

2. Amaya:
Risteard’s Unwilling Empress (Lords of Kassis, #4) by S.E. Smith Being Emerald (New Atlanta #3) by Sylvia Ryan Blood in the Water (The Shark Shifter Paranormal Romance Book 4) by Cleo Peitsche Sting (Spark, #4) by Jennifer Ryder The Mating Hunt (Werewolves of Montana, #2) by Bonnie Vanak The Lawson Boys Marty (#2) by Angela Verdenius Flat-Out Sexy (Fast Track, #1) by Erin McCarthy It Happened One Autumn (Wallflowers, #2) by Lisa Kleypas

3. Pepperpot:
Something About You (FBI/US Attorney, #1) by Julie James The Shadows (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #13) by J.R. Ward Hidden Embers (Dragon's Heat, #2) by Tessa Adams Taken by Lora Leigh Midnight Shadows (Wildefire, #3) by Ella Grace Surrender (MacKinnon’s Rangers, #1) by Pamela Clare Born of Fury (The League, #7) by Sherrilyn Kenyon His Darkest Hunger (Jaguar Warriors, #1) by Juliana Stone

4. ❤Stephanie ღ♥ღMrs Sloane Brodieღ♥ღ:
Ride A Cowboy (Anthology with intertwining stories) by Lynn Hagen Rise & Fall (THIRDS, #4) by Charlie Cochet In Love with His Alpha Master (The Pregnant Mate, #1) by Marcy Jacks Enticing a Dangerous Mate (Rough River Coyotes, #1) by Anitra Lynn McLeod A Vampire's Touch (Christian's Coven, #10) by Lynn Hagen Paine's Pleasure (Brac Village, #18) by Lynn Hagen Einarr (Demon Warriors, #7) by Lynn Hagen Fur And Flightless (Midnight Matings, #12) by Joyee Flynn

5. Namita:
Earth Bound (Sea Haven/Sisters of the Heart, #4) by Christine Feehan Louisiana Longshot (Miss Fortune Mystery #1) by Jana Deleon Magic Shifts (Kate Daniels, #8) by Ilona Andrews Shards of Hope (Psy-Changeling, #14) by Nalini Singh Wildest Dreams (Fantasyland, #1) by Kristen Ashley Opal Fire (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #1) by Barbra Annino House of the Rising Sun (Crescent City, #1) by Kristen Painter When Darkness Ends (Guardians of Eternity, #12) by Alexandra Ivy

6. Natalie:
Hexed (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #2) by Kevin Hearne BirthSign (La Patron, The Alpha's Alpha Book 6) by Sydney Addae Buttercup by Sienna Mynx Raising Innocence (Rylee Adamson, #3) by Shannon Mayer Priestess Dreaming (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon, #16) by Yasmine Galenorn Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga #1) by Shéa MacLeod Poison Promise (Elemental Assassin, #11) by Jennifer Estep Destiny (Dangerous Beauty, #1) by Michelle Hardin

7. Alicia:
City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare Genesis Revisited by Zecharia Sitchin The Highwayman (Wicked Games #1) by Michele Hauf Moon Kissed (Wicked Games #2) by Michele Hauf Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout The Werewolf Upstairs (Strange Neighbors, #2) by Ashlyn Chase The Vampire Next Door (Strange Neighbors, #3) by Ashlyn Chase The Red Pyramid The Graphic Novel (The Kane Chronicles The Graphic Novels, #1) by Rick Riordan

8. Chumchum:
The Hurricane (The Hurricane, #1) by R.J. Prescott Light My Fire (Dragon Kin, #7) by G.A. Aiken Once Loved (Shattered Past, #2) by Cecy Robson Happily Ever Afton by Kelly Curry What Might Be A Summer Tale by Augusta Hill Dearest Rogue (Maiden Lane, #8) by Elizabeth Hoyt Stranded with a Billionaire (Billionaire Boys Club, #1) by Jessica Clare The Perfect Match by Denise Hunter

9. Manuela:
Perfect Ten by Michelle Craig Her Christmas Earl A Regency Novella by Anna Campbell Stuck On You by Christine Wenger C791 (Cyborgs More Than Machines, #1) by Eve Langlais Lone Star Justice by Tori Scott The Ruse (Andrews Brothers, #1) by Felicia Rogers Crimson Debt (Born to Darkness, #1) by Evangeline Anderson The Fourth Quill by Toby Johnson

10. Shari-amor:
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman Broken Dolls by Kitty Thomas Driftwood Deeds (Breaking in Waves, #1) by Laila Blake Servicing the Target (Masters of the Shadowlands, #10) by Cherise Sinclair To This Day For the Bullied and Beautiful by Shane Koyczan Thin Air by George E. Simpson Blood-Bonded by Force (The Community Series #3) by Tracy Tappan Born of Defiance (The League, #8) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

11. Aarati:
The Troublemaker Next Door (The McCauley Brothers, #1) by Marie Harte Shards of Hope (Psy-Changeling, #14) by Nalini Singh Daughter of Deep Silence by Carrie Ryan Silver Sparks (Barringer's Pass #1) by Starr Ambrose A Darker Shade of Magic (A Darker Shade of Magic, #1) by V.E. Schwab Entwined by Heather Dixon Resisting Her Rival (Stealing the Heart, #2) by Sonya Weiss It Happened One Wedding (FBI/US Attorney, #5) by Julie James

12. B.B.:
The Closer You Come (The Original Heartbreakers, #1) by Gena Showalter Unleash the Night (Were-Hunter #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Burned (Fever, #7) by Karen Marie Moning Ravencliffe (Blythewood, #2) by Carol Goodman Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1) by Lora Leigh Wicked Charms (Lizzy & Diesel, #3) by Janet Evanovich Ensnared (Splintered, #3) by A.G. Howard House of Korba (The Ghost Bird, #7) by C.L. Stone

13. Romina:
The Game Plan (Neighbor from Hell, #5) by R.L. Mathewson Highland Ever After (The Montgomerys and Armstrongs, #3) by Maya Banks Night's Blaze (Dark Kings, #5) by Donna Grant Shards of Hope (Psy-Changeling, #14) by Nalini Singh Dragonbane (Hellchaser, #7; Dark Hunter #24) by Sherrilyn Kenyon When Darkness Ends (Guardians of Eternity, #12) by Alexandra Ivy Captured by a Laird by Margaret Mallory When a Scot Ties the Knot (Castles Ever After, #3) by Tessa Dare

SN: Once Cherale receives all selections and posts them, I will copy/paste them in this post so you can have easy access to them. I will also close this thread and all future discussion will be held in the old SS thread as this is only for sign ups. You will find the discussion thread here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 4: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (last edited Jun 10, 2015 03:29PM) (new)

Shari-amor | 5275 comments Dragonbane Giveaway Challenge

To celebrate the upcoming August release of Dragonbane, we'll be hosting a book challenge/contest that will run from June to August. All those that participate and complete the challenge will be entered into the drawing of the novel. Winner will be announce on August 4th.

Rules:
1. I will be announcing on the following dates (June 22nd, July 6, and July 20th) a book theme (That means 3 books total for the challenge). Participants will need to read a book that meets the criteria.

2. You will post in the discussion thread the book you've chosen. When finished reading, post a short review of what you thought of it in the thread. I'll cross you off as completing it.

3. Take as long as you need for each requirement but they must have all be completed on the last day of challenge to qualify for entry into the contest.

-Books must be at least 100 pages
-You may use books that you're reading in other challenges
-Books may not be a re-read

-Is now open for signups from now until June 19th. All those that are participating must signup in this thread.

Participants

To qualify for the chance to win an ecopy of Dragonbane, you MUST participate for the entire challenge and complete the book requirements.

message 5: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (last edited Feb 16, 2014 10:17PM) (new)

Shari-amor | 5275 comments Reserved

message 6: by Carlena, Pumpkin Pie/Care Bear (new)

Carlena | 1753 comments In order to keep the threads on topic, please move all discussion to the Secret Book Santa thread HERE. This is in effort to keep certain important posts from being buried. Until the next challenge we have, I will be freezing this thread. Thank you for your understanding. Love y'all!

message 7: by Manuela (new)

Manuela (manu21) | 2559 comments Amaya, why is she calling you Jennifer?

message 8: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (last edited Aug 25, 2014 09:50AM) (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Amaya wrote: "LOL sorry. lmao what shari said. sometimes i'll start typing out cherale but then have to catch myself and put dhfan instead."

I don't mind either way. As long as I don't pick up any stray crazies or something one day around these parts I'm all good. But I will admit though I catch myself with using your real name as well. As I never quite asked if you would be ok with me using it here or not. I know some folks are strictly for the screen names. Although I could have sworn when I first signed up, I did have my real name up there when I created my account. So I have no clue how it switched to the screen name...

message 9: by Manuela (new)

Manuela (manu21) | 2559 comments I am all good now. Unfortunately it is past 2 am now so I will look at the books tomorrow. nighty night

message 10: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Haha it is. Just fully Shari-amor like the song. I just call her Shari for short. And if we keep this up, might have to do a getting to know you thread or something around these parts.

message 11: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new)

Shari-amor | 5275 comments Amaya wrote: "Dhfan4life wrote: "It's all good, Shari no worries. To say the least I still recall how I thought your actual name was a screen name too lol. Was like that is one Stevie Wonder loving woman right t..."

WAITTTT >.> its not really shari? my life is a lie O_O

Hahaha.

message 12: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 1746 comments Dhfan4life wrote: "Haha it is. Just fully Shari-amor like the song. I just call her Shari for short. And if we keep this up, might have to do a getting to know you thread or something around these parts."

oooooh lmao. sorry power went out XD

message 13: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments I'd for sure be dying too haha. That is all I would need.

message 14: by Namita (new)

Namita  (-namita) | 396 comments I had a duh moment....lol...but realised just in time that I was to message not post the book choices here...lol. Almost gave the suspense away.

message 15: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments And I got em. ;)

message 16: by Namita (new)

Namita  (-namita) | 396 comments Question: When are choices going to be revealed?

message 17: by Shari-amor, Doll Cake (new)

Shari-amor | 5275 comments I believe we're waiting on someone to pm their selections

message 18: by Jennifer (last edited Aug 28, 2014 03:13PM) (new)

Jennifer | 1746 comments lol! XD

np

message 19: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Yep, hope to do reveal them on Sunday for sure.

message 20: by Manuela (new)

Manuela (manu21) | 2559 comments You did get my choices for Amaya?

message 21: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Got all but one Manuela. And you are not it.

message 22: by Manuela (new)

Manuela (manu21) | 2559 comments Yay :)

message 23: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments ;)

message 24: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 1746 comments XD

message 25: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (last edited Nov 17, 2014 01:55PM) (new)

message 28: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Great selections so far ladies. :)

And I soooo can't wait to read Revenant and Darkest Touch as well Stephanie. But my ILL system don't even have them on pre-order yet. :(

❤Stephanie ღ♥ღMrs Daryl Dixonღ♥ღ I can't wait to read them also, especially the Darkest Touch, I have been waiting for Torin's book since I first started reading the series.

message 30: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Same here on Torin's book. But dude I feel so let down by his love interest though. I swore I felt more heat between him and Mercy. So this chick better bring it.

❤Stephanie ღ♥ღMrs Daryl Dixonღ♥ღ I can't wait to read more about her, he's been waiting a long time to have someone that he can actually touch and love so she better be awesome and perfect for him or I won't be happy.

message 32: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 1746 comments yays XD KGI

message 33: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Same, Stephanie, definitely the same.

message 34: by Aarati (new)

Aarati | 145 comments Since I haven't been ale to read the last book of the this times SBS challenge, I'm gonna carry it over. So my picks are:

The Beautiful Ashes (Broken Destiny, #1) by Jeaniene Frost The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey The Informant by Susan Wilkins Kissed by a Dark Prince (Eternal Mates #1) by Felicity Heaton Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1) by Michelle Hodkin

message 35: by Chumchum_88 (last edited Nov 18, 2014 03:53AM) (new)

message 36: by Manuela (new)

Manuela (manu21) | 2559 comments Don't forget me, I am in too. I will be back to post my books, ja??? Winter/summer SSB, I am so exited.

message 37: by Courtney (last edited Nov 20, 2014 10:22AM) (new)

Courtney (mrs_hf) | 55 comments Dhfan4life wrote: "Great selections so far ladies. :)

And I soooo can't wait to read Revenant and Darkest Touch as well Stephanie. But my ILL system don't even have them on pre-order yet. :("

I'm reading Revenant now as an ARC. You will NOT be disappointed! :D Crave the Night was also a favorite in the series. *swoon*

message 38: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (mrs_hf) | 55 comments Okay...This is gonna be a good one. A few favorites mixed in!

Shield of Winter (Psy-Changeling, #13) by Nalini Singh Bound by Night (MoonBound Clan Vampire, #1) by Larissa Ione Chained by Night (MoonBound Clan Vampire, #2) by Larissa Ione Wild Wolf (Shifters Unbound, #6) by Jennifer Ashley The Prince Who Loved Me (The Oxenburg Princes, #1) by Karen Hawkins Take A Chance (Chance Colorado Series) by Melissa Mayhue The Sum of All Kisses (Smythe-Smith Quartet, #3) by Julia Quinn

So excited!!!

message 39: by Aarati (new)

Aarati | 145 comments Courtney wrote: "Okay...This is gonna be a good one. A few favorites mixed in!

Shield of Winter (Psy-Changeling, #13) by Nalini SinghBound by Night (MoonBound Clan Vampire, #1) by Larissa IoneChained by Night (MoonBound Clan Vampire, #2) by Larissa Ione[bookcover:Wild Wolf|1770..."

I loved Shield of Winter. It was such an amazing book! :) Vasic*swoon*

message 40: by Namita (last edited Nov 20, 2014 11:08PM) (new)

Namita  (-namita) | 396 comments Hope I made it in time. I'm in. Will post my books shortly.

Here they are:

A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy, #1) by Deborah Harkness , The Darkest Touch (Lords of the Underworld, #11) by Gena Showalter , Chained by Night (MoonBound Clan Vampire, #2) by Larissa Ione , Binding the Shadows (Arcadia Bell, #3) by Jenn Bennett , Archangel's Shadows (Guild Hunter, #7) by Nalini Singh , Iced (Fever, #6) by Karen Marie Moning , Bonded (Law of the Lycans, #1) by Nicky Charles

message 41: by Manuela (new)

Manuela (manu21) | 2559 comments Are there 7? My choices: Going Home by Kris Ripper Let Love Be (Love, #4) by Melissa Collins Douglas Lord of Heartache (Lonely Lords, #8) by Grace Burrowes Temptation in a Kilt (Bad Boys of the Highlands, #1) by Victoria Roberts A Christmas Promise by Mary Balogh Beauty from Pain (Beauty, #1) by Georgia Cates Trenton Lord of Loss (Lonely Lords, #10) by Grace Burrowes

message 42: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Yep still 7 possible selections and just in time Namita. :) Your actually my 8th person. If we don't get any one else by tomorrow I'll match up partners.

message 43: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (mrs_hf) | 55 comments Aarati wrote: "Courtney wrote: "Okay...This is gonna be a good one. A few favorites mixed in!

Shield of Winter (Psy-Changeling, #13) by Nalini SinghBound by Night (MoonBound Clan Vampire, #1) by Larissa IoneChained by Night (MoonBound Clan Vampire, #2) by Larissa Ione[bookcov..."

I'm hoping his book gets chosen! That is one of my all time FAVORITE series. Judd, Hawke, and Kaleb have been my favorites! I can't wait to see how amazing Vasic is! I love that we're getting to meet the Arrows!

message 44: by Namita (new)

Namita  (-namita) | 396 comments We all read the same genres and authors...this is so cool. I've seen a few books on most of our lists.

message 45: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Courtney wrote: "Aarati wrote: "Courtney wrote: "Okay...This is gonna be a good one. A few favorites mixed in!

Shield of Winter (Psy-Changeling, #13) by Nalini SinghBound by Night (MoonBound Clan Vampire, #1) by Larissa Ione[bookcover:Chained by Night|15..."

Hope you like Shield of Winter. I've been voting for it like crazy. Some may say that SK is the queen of the tortured heroes. But I think Singh is the queen of sexy male virgins. I swear Vasic was sooo scrumptious in that back.

Haha and no kidding Namita. Great minds as they say. ;)

message 46: by Namita (new)

Namita  (-namita) | 396 comments Dhfan4life wrote: "Courtney wrote: "Aarati wrote: "Courtney wrote: "Okay...This is gonna be a good one. A few favorites mixed in!

Shield of Winter (Psy-Changeling, #13) by Nalini SinghBound by Night (MoonBound Clan Vampire, #1) by Larissa Ione[bookcover:Ch..."

Me too. I voted for Shield of Winter as well. Loved Vasic. Judd is my fave...I'm so in love with him.

message 47: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Ya know I surprised myself and liked Judd as well. He and Brenna were really good together. And turned the corner for me in the series.

message 48: by Aarati (new)

Aarati | 145 comments Courtney wrote: "Aarati wrote: "Courtney wrote: "Okay...This is gonna be a good one. A few favorites mixed in!

Shield of Winter (Psy-Changeling, #13) by Nalini SinghBound by Night (MoonBound Clan Vampire, #1) by Larissa Ione[bookcover:Chained by Night|15..."

This book was amazing. And I was literally swooning over Vasic. In this series I love the changelings, but what I love about the Psy are that for a emotionless lot, they sure are a hell of a lot passionate.

message 49: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Smith (rlsauthor) | 626 comments I'm another Judd lover! Finished Kiss of Snow last night and I'm fighting the urge to go back and reread Caressed By Ice.

message 50: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Aarati wrote: "Courtney wrote: "Aarati wrote: "Courtney wrote: "Okay...This is gonna be a good one. A few favorites mixed in!

Shield of Winter (Psy-Changeling, #13) by Nalini SinghBound by Night (MoonBound Clan Vampire, #1) by Larissa Ione[bookcover:Ch..."

I second your thoughts all the way Aarati. For a group of folks that had their emotions turned off. Man do they make turning them back on hot as hell, lol.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 17 18
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.