Kenyons Minions discussion

Seize the Night (Dark-Hunter, #5)
This topic is about Seize the Night
Seize the Night BOTM

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carlena, Pumpkin Pie/Care Bear (new) - rated it 5 stars

Carlena | 1753 comments Valerius isn't a popular Dark-Hunter-he's a Roman, which means that the largely Greek Hunters have a major grudge against him and his civilization for superceding them. To make things worse, he's very conscious of his aristocratic background and breeding. So it serves him right when he runs into Tabitha Devereaux. She's sassy, sexy, and completely unwilling to take him seriously. (Not to mention that she's the twin sister of the wife of former Dark-Hunter Kyrian-Val's mortal enemy.) What Tabitha does take seriously is hunting and killing vampires-and soon she and Val have to grapple with the deadliest of all Daimons-one who's managed to come back from the dead, and one who holds a serious grudge against both of them. To win against evil, Val will have to loosen up, learn to trust, and put everything on the line to protect a man he hates and a woman who drives him nuts.

message 2: by Carlena, Pumpkin Pie/Care Bear (new) - rated it 5 stars

Carlena | 1753 comments Some general questions to help incite discussion. Feel free to answer as many as you'd like.

•Did you enjoy the book? Why? Why not?

•Did you feel that the book fulfilled your expectations? Were you disappointed?

•What did you think of the characters? Could you relate to them or no?
- Who were your favorite characters?
- Who were your least favorite characters?

Manuela (manu21) | 2559 comments I so loooooove that book. And Louise too!!! Where the heck is she... We have to read it again. Yay...

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I put this book on my favorite DH read. I fell in love with Valerius in this book. There was so much humor surrounding him and Tabitha's relationship. Her being so laid back and him trying to get that stick out of his butt. :)

You felt more for him after getting more of his story, and always glad when Zarek makes an appearance.

There were a lot of OMG moments in this book, especially towards the end that surprised me.

Great book!

message 5: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Dude I fell even more in love with Tabitha in this book. I mean I thought she was pretty in Amanda's. But when she set two people straight about Val like that. Particularly Zarek (who I love for his shock value and his other tender aspects), who has pretty much been known as the psycho of the DHs for so long. I mean it was just amazing to me.

But yea I agree with ya Marta this was definitely real OMG book for sure.

Louise >OH NOOO HOW COME YOU ARE READING THIS BOOK WITHOUT ME *sobs* hehehe just kidding:P enjoy ladies I MISS YOU ALL!!!
>Hi Manuela *waves hands*
>just you all know Val IS MINE!;)♥♥♥

message 7: by Louise (last edited Feb 19, 2014 02:52AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Louise Carlena wrote: "Some general questions to help incite discussion. Feel free to answer as many as you'd like.

•Did you enjoy the book? Why? Why not?
>Yes, because its full of action and romance and...humor! Tabitha cracks me up.

•Did you feel that the book fulfilled your expectations? Were you disappointed?

>yup, because this is the book that change the DH world and also Nick:(
•What did you think of the characters? Could you relate to them or no?

>I think they're awesome in a realistic kind of way that you can relate to them, I can relate to Val on some part and almost feel his struggles which made me cry for him 'cause he's been judge wrong by people even if he wasn't at fault on behalf of his granpa's doing grrr.

- Who were your favorite characters?
>TABITHA!

- Who were your least favorite characters?
>Kyrian:))

Karla | 17 comments Seize the Night is one of my favorites, along with Dance with the Devil…“A Tale of Two Brothers”. Kenyon shows her great skill as a storyteller as she totally changed my perspective of Valerius, from hatred to genuine fondness. Valerius is vulnerable, wounded, and needs a Tabitha. And Valerius with Tabitha, (of all people)! Unbelievable! But, it works! Even Zarek comes around. I love his wedding toast. Unexpected, articulate, and healing. Then…Ash and Nick. I did not see that coming! As if Acheron doesn’t have enough to contend with. More angst, more suspense. Great story!