The Gothic Trim discussion

Historical Gothic > Covers & Discuss

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mermarie (last edited Feb 10, 2014 06:34PM) (new)

Mermarie | 48 comments Mod

Feel free to add your favorite covers to the Gothic Trim Art Gallery! Please fill in a brief description, such as: Book Title, Author, Artist(?) as you upload.

Spooky, isolated houses, new husbands who have a hidden family secret; eerie gnarled trees stretching to snag up a heroine as she flees that sinister house...or haring away from some frightening mansion at the top of a lonely hill in the dead of night! What makes a Gothic Cover lure you in?

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) Not meaning to come across as spamming, seriously, but I did do a cover crush feature on my website gushing over Gothic covers years ago:

Cover Crush: Old Gothic theme

As for what makes me lured in, I love the women running from houses, looking pinup and vintage like the old horror movie posters. Castles, fog, forests, woods, that alarmed or weird expression.

message 5: by Mermarie (new)

This is one of my best finds today:

I've a hankerin' to see this lovely bit of shading in a blown up version.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) Oh that is awesome. Love the coloring.

I just noticed that I completely missed the short text in the original post that says to upload covers also to the group pictures *facepalm*

Oh well they are allowed here too correct? Fun to discuss

message 7: by Mermarie (new)

Erin (Paperback stash) *is juggle-reading* wrote: "Oh that is awesome. Love the coloring.

I just noticed that I completely missed the short text in the original post that says to upload covers also to the group pictures *facepalm*

Oh well they a..."

Yeah, we're pretty lenient. Any traffic is good traffic, I say. lol! I love that dark carnival and carousel feel she has going there. The colors and shading draw me in!