Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Cruel Beauty
This topic is about Cruel Beauty
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Cruel Beauty by Rsamund Hodge → Start Date: March 14, 2014

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Yay! Please join Katherine and I in this buddy read if you can!

message 2: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments OMG I'm so excited for this one!!

Amanda | 4411 comments If I get my book in time from the library I will join in on this one.

message 4: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Yay! Fingers Crossed Amanda!!

Amanda | 4411 comments I'm hoping. I am first in line at the library, but right now it's still an order record and I am not sure when they will get them in.

Katherine | 2834 comments Yay!! The more the merrier!! Can we just talk just a minute about how gorgeous this cover is? Drooling!!

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7509 comments I may break down and buy this one as I am quite a way back on the wait list at my library. I will probably join.

Amanda | 4411 comments My copy is in transit to the library so I will have this in time to join you guys.

message 9: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Depending on what is going on around this time I will join!

Katherine | 2834 comments :) Goody!! Beauty and the Beast is my favorite fairy-tale of all time, so this was pretty much a must-read. I hope we all like it!!

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7509 comments It's my favourite fairy tale too! I can't wait for this one, it looks so good!

Amanda | 4411 comments Can't wait to start this tomorrow. Beauty and the Beast is my favorite fairy tale and Disney movie so I can't wait to see how this book handles that story.

message 13: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I'm so excited too!!! I don't think I've read the traditional Beauty and the best
and the only spin off/re-telling I think I've read is Beastly!

Katie | 2012 comments I'll be joining in this too. It looks really good, and I'm excited to read it.

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7509 comments I just bought this one since I couldn't get the library copy in time.

Katherine | 2834 comments Yay!! I literally can't wait to start reading it! :)

Amanda | 4411 comments 7 chapters in so far.

Nyx (view spoiler)

Shade (view spoiler)

message 18: by Amanda (last edited Mar 14, 2014 10:07AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Amanda | 4411 comments 14 chapters in.

The library (view spoiler)

Ignifex (view spoiler)

Interested to see how things all play out in the end. Enjoying this one so far.

Katherine | 2834 comments My goodness, you're doing well. I had to write a paper this morning, but I'm getting started on it right away this afternoon!!

Amanda | 4411 comments Yeah, I had to work tonight and tomorrow night so I was trying to get as much read today before work as I could.

message 21: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments sorry guys, busy day and busy night

I'll start tomorrow :)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7509 comments me too Trisha....tomorrow

Amanda | 4411 comments That's okay, no worries.

Amanda | 4411 comments 19 chapters in.

Shade (view spoiler)

Katie | 2012 comments I've read the first 5 chapters, and I'm liking this so far.

Nyx (view spoiler)

Ignifex (view spoiler)

Shade (view spoiler)

Amanda | 4411 comments Finished.

This was a good retelling of Beauty and the Beast.

Nyx (view spoiler)

Can't wait to see what you guys think.

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7509 comments I will start this one tonight! Can't wait!

message 28: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments wow, go amanda!
I'm starting now but taking it to bed. I'm coming down with something and am just too exhausted to stay up later.
I'll update in the morning :)

Katherine | 2834 comments Oh dear, I'm sorry Trisha! I must have telepathically given my cold to you. I've been nothing but sick since last week, and I've given it to everyone in my family, so I hope you feel better soon!!

I finally managed to read 5 chapters this evening, and boy this book is very engrossing!! I love the world-building and the twist on fairy-tales and Greek mythology. So interesting!!

(view spoiler)

Ignifax... (view spoiler)

Shade (view spoiler).

message 30: by Amanda (last edited Mar 16, 2014 05:45AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Amanda | 4411 comments Sorry that you aren't feeling well Trisha. I was battling a cold last week and I still have a lingering cough and sniffles that's been going on for two weeks. Hope you feel better soon.

I agree (view spoiler)

Katie | 2012 comments I've read through chapter 10 now. I'm really liking this.

the mirror (view spoiler)

the library (view spoiler)

Nyx (view spoiler)

exploring the castle (view spoiler)

Ignifex (view spoiler)

message 32: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments 5 chapters.
I like it so far (thx guys, I'm hoping to feel better in a few days....)

Ignifex.... Nice observation Katherine! (view spoiler)

Nyx - I totally agree Katie (view spoiler)

Shade (view spoiler)

Amanda | 4411 comments Yeah I did not catch with Ignifex (view spoiler)

Katherine | 2834 comments I love fairytales, LOL! But the more I read it, the more similarities I caught up on, particularly since I read a Bluebeard retelling, Strands of Bronze and Gold, so that may be where it came from!! Now that I think of it, his deal making kind of reminds me of Rumplestiltskin as well.

Here's what I don't get... (view spoiler)

message 35: by Katie (last edited Mar 16, 2014 11:16AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Katie | 2012 comments I've finished chapter 15 now. I'm really liking this story so far.

Ignifex (view spoiler)

the shadows (view spoiler)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7509 comments I have started but not very far in.

Katie | 2012 comments I finished the book, and I really liked it.

Shade and Ignifex (view spoiler)

Amanda | 4411 comments I agree (view spoiler)

message 39: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments okay I'm 10 chapters

Yikes (view spoiler)

Beast (view spoiler)

Shade (view spoiler)

Library (view spoiler)

keys (view spoiler)

message 40: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Done!

wow, this was by and large the most fascinating re-telling of a fairytale I've ever read

Shade (view spoiler) and I knew from the beginning (view spoiler)

I liked this one. a lot.
I love that (view spoiler)

Amanda | 4411 comments I thought this was a fascinating retelling too, lots of intriguing parts.

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7509 comments I am seven chapters in.

I definitely agree with Trisha's prediction that Shade (view spoiler)

message 43: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments oooooh!!! Good point Mandiann (view spoiler) but you'll get more info on the nighttime soon :)

I hope you are enjoying it!

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7509 comments I am really enjoying it. 10 chapters in and I don't want to put it down for other books I should also be reading.

message 45: by Katherine (last edited Mar 18, 2014 12:09PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Katherine | 2834 comments I'll be reading more this evening for sure!! Sorry I've been so dormant, but it's shark week finals week here at uni, so I've been swamped with last minute work. It all ends today, so I'll be free for a week!

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7509 comments I just finished. I really enjoyed it. It was definitely an interesting take on the Beauty and the Beast and his curse.

Katherine | 2834 comments I just finished it and holy cow was it good!! I absolutely loved it!!!

message 48: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Katherine wrote: "I just finished it and holy cow was it good!! I absolutely loved it!!!"

yay! so glad you loved it!!

Wasn't it GOOD!!!!?? I loved it too!

Katherine | 2834 comments YES!! Finally, a beautiful cover that had a story that was just as beautiful!!

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7509 comments Glad t hear you enjoyed it, Katherine. I love the cover.