Book Haven discussion

Dead Discussions > Harry Potter & the Half Blood Prince-July 15,2009

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Stroube | 2393 comments Mod
Is everyone looking forward to this?
Are you going to see it opening weekend?
Do you think that they will stick to the book?

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Definitely looking forward to it. Will be seeing it the first day and then again when it hits the IMAX. I guess the Transformer movie has a contract that lasts two weeks past the opening of the Harry Potter movie, so the Harry Potter IMAX will be delayed. We've seen them all in IMAX, but my kids don't want to wait two extra weeks!

I'm thinking this movie might put in a lot of the kids social things that I'm thinking weren't important while reading this book. I'm mostly looking forward to how Draco and everything that he goes through is shown. I'm trying to decide if I should give away the ending to my 8 year old. He's not read the book like the rest of us and I'm not sure if it will be too upsetting to learn about the major stuff that happens while watching or if I should give him a heads up even if it spoils it a bit for him.

I'm sure this will be the record breaker this summer.

message 3: by J.D. (new)

★♥ Shazzy ♥ ★ wrote: "I'm so excited! I love the films and the books, my son is going to see it with a group of friends. It's gonna be so busy on the opening night that i might wait a few days."

Yeah. I'm going to do what I did when Twilight came out. Go at a time when less kids will be there. Maybe I'll go to a midnight showing or something...

message 4: by J.D. (new)

Taylor wrote: "I can't wait to see it! I'm going to the drive in and were going to see Tranformers 2 and HP6!! I'm so excited!"

I don't think there are any drive-ins near me, but now I want to find one! LOL I went to one when I was about your age, but it closed down a while back. :(

message 5: by J.D. (new)

Did anyone go to see Harry Potter yet? Did you like it?

I know a couple of people who already saw it, and I am getting mixed reviews. A few people said that it was REALLY boring. Others said it was awesome...

I'm going Monday afternoon. I'm sooooo excited!

Michelle (In Libris Veritas) (shadowrose) I think my boyfriend stated we were going next Wednesday, so I'm excited.

message 7: by Melissa (new)

Melissa I saw it last night and I would not say it's boring at all. The 2 1/2 hours went fast for me. I enjoyed it like I've enjoyed the others, but with all of these movies, I can't help but walk away counting off all the things that were left out. I loved seeing all the actors in their roles again. Lots more bits of humor in this one. It's good, definitely worth seeing.

Michelle (In Libris Veritas) (shadowrose) I just saw it and I loved it. I cried though, I couldn't help it. I tried not to but it just didn't work. To make the movie an event my boyfriend got me an owl from build a bear with a wizard suit named Severus. I'm so happy right now. lol

message 9: by J.D. (new)

I saw it earlier today. I liked it...I mean it is Harry Potter so of course I liked it. However, it is slow moving, and they needed more action in the end. I also thought that they concentrated a little too much on Draco...It was sad though...even though I knew what was going to happen I still ended up crying! They handled the "dumbledore" part REALLY well. :) Overall...not as good as the past Harry Potters, but still good! :)

Michelle (In Libris Veritas) (shadowrose) This was one of my favorite books because of the character it is kind of centered around so I actually liked it more the some of the past ones. Like 1 and 2 not so great, 4 was okay. 3 and 5 were really good though. But I think since alot of people don't read the books that see the movies it was a pretty good representation of the book as a whole. And the Dumbledore scenes in this one were really good, I like his magazine choice. lol

message 11: by J.D. (new)

Michelle wrote: "This was one of my favorite books because of the character it is kind of centered around so I actually liked it more the some of the past ones. Like 1 and 2 not so great, 4 was okay. 3 and 5 were r..."

Yeah, the magazine choice made me laugh! They did do a great job with Dumbledore. I just wish that they had
done a little better with the scene right before & after Dumbledore's big "plunge". I think that those scenes needed some more action. I really liked the scene with everyone standing around Dumbledore in the end. It was heartbreaking.

Did you like the "cornfield" scene?

Michelle (In Libris Veritas) (shadowrose) Yeah it really was, I had to hide my face during the cave scene it was too sad to watch.

Hmm I felt something was missing from the cornfield scene, and seeing as I haven't read the book recently I can't tell if there was.

message 13: by J.D. (new)

Michelle wrote: "Yeah it really was, I had to hide my face during the cave scene it was too sad to watch.

Hmm I felt something was missing from the cornfield scene, and seeing as I haven't read the book recently ..."

I don't think that the cornfield scene was in the book...I think that they just added it for some more action, but I don't think it was...enough...