The Infinite Ink Secret Lair: For YA/NA Spec Fic Lovers discussion

General Discussion > If I could have any super power...

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Darcy (nciacchella) | 29 comments Mod
Just for kicks!

I'm kind of torn with this one. I'd love to be able to fly--or at least I thought so until my hubby ever so kindly pointed out to me that I'd have a lot of bugs splattering in my face. :P

Equally great would be never having to sleep. Imagine how much I could get done then! More time for reading and writing!

message 2: by Zoe (new)

Zoe Cannon (zoecannon) | 18 comments Mod
I'd love mind-reading - assuming I could turn it on and off at will - but the ethical issues would be a problem.

Invincibility is always a good choice, but possibly wasted on me - I'm not the risk-taker type.

I might choose flight, bugs or no bugs. Or unlimited intelligence. With all those evil geniuses out there, how about one working on the side of good? (Because I would never go evil, nope. Not me. *shifty eyes*)

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

See, I'd never want mind-reading powers because I have a feeling it would be really frightening to know what's going on in other people's minds.

message 4: by Shelbi (new)

Shelbi Wescott | 7 comments Mod
Ooohhhh...no mind reading for me. I'm WAY too sensitive.

Teleportation!

Or the ability to freeze time like that girl on the old TV show Out of This World.

And I like the not needing sleep one! (Although, if I could stop time whenever I needed it, then maybe I could sleep, too.)

message 5: by Sherry (new)

Sherry Hoernig (fayth97) | 7 comments Healing. The ability to heal anyone regardless whether the wound/hurt is physical or emotional....

message 6: by Kea (new)

Kea Alwang (kea_alwang) | 13 comments Mod
That's it, Zoe! Get that unlimited genius power and I'll pit you against Kroter! That will make you a Risk-Taker type. LOL (too much coffee)

Zoe wrote: "I'd love mind-reading - assuming I could turn it on and off at will - but the ethical issues would be a problem.

Invincibility is always a good choice, but possibly wasted on me - I'm not the risk..."

message 7: by Kea (new)

Kea Alwang (kea_alwang) | 13 comments Mod
I need to freeze time for everyone but myself. Then I can have the perfectly clean house, write the "genre of the moment" novel in a timely manner, and work out without the day getting away from me.

message 8: by Elizabeth (new)

Oooh, Sherry, the healing one is a nice idea! I like that!

Another one I think would be really cool is something kinetic where you would have perfect reflexes and/or muscle memory and could do things like learn how to dance just by watching a few hours of video, or become a martial arts master in a matter of days.

message 9: by Zoe (new)

Zoe Cannon (zoecannon) | 18 comments Mod
Oh, that healing power would be a good one. I might choose that. Good thought, Sherry!

I agree that mind-reading could be scary! :) I'm endlessly curious about other people, though. Part of what I love about writing is the chance to play around with human psychology and explore what my characters are made of. If ethics weren't an issue, I'd love to go digging around inside other people's heads, scary or not. I don't think I would be able to justify it to myself, though. (Cursed conscience - there go my plans of becoming a supervillain...)

And Kea, if you plan on making me a sentinel while you're at it, I'll take you up on that in a heartbeat! :D

message 10: by S.K. (new)

S.K. Falls (skfalls) | 3 comments Mod
Invisibility! So I could tiptoe around spying on people. Okay, no, it's actually so I could sit in my office without being bothered by my pesky, er, CUTE, kids. ;)

message 11: by Karen (new)

Karen Cornel | 1 comments It's teleportation for me. I'd love to visit so many places all over the world if I really have this kind of power.

message 12: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (sabicas73) | 7 comments I want to fly!!

message 13: by Elizabeth (new)

Sandyha, you have just made the case for invisibility. You're a genius.

Oooh, and teleportation as a means of travel! Love the way you think, Karen. This would certainly make my bucket list a lot easier to complete! And no having to pay for plane tickets or waiting in pesky security lines.