THE Group for Authors! discussion

Writer's Circle > Are there any exclusive authors' groups?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marlana (new)

Marlana Williams (marlanawilliams) This group is great, but it's a mix of authors and readers.

After doing a search in Groups, I can't find anything exclusively for authors. By this, I mean those who are published authors with a valid GR author profile. I can understand if any are made and they are private, and if so, would any mods please send me an invite? Otherwise, if anyone knows any links can you please send me a PM? Thanks, all!

message 2: by John (new)

John Lauricella (johnlauricella) | 22 comments Well, Holly, why don't we start such a group now? You and I can be the charter members.

--John

message 3: by Marlana (new)

Marlana Williams (marlanawilliams) LOL! Okay, John. This topic has only been up an hour with only your response. I'll create one, but in the mean time if someone has a group made, please let me know! :)

message 4: by Marlana (new)

Marlana Williams (marlanawilliams) Okay, I've formed a group. If you're an author with a valid GR author's profile and want in, please send me a friend request and I'll invite you! Let's have some fun, all! :D

message 5: by Marlana (new)

Marlana Williams (marlanawilliams) Here is the link, for anyone with an GR author profile, please feel free to join! We so far have six members and I would like to see it grow in to much more. :)

https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

message 6: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Krisko (kakrisko) There are author groups on Goodreads. One, for example is the Review Group: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/... . There are a number of other, similar groups. Not sure what exactly you're looking for...

message 7: by Marlana (new)

Marlana Williams (marlanawilliams) Thanks, K.A. :) I took a look and noticed that the group isn't private. I was combing through the groups and didn't see anything that was authors only, private, and was multi-faceted, so authors could discuss a lot more than just reviews. Maybe the groups are set to secret?

I hope this group I've created can be fun and informative for all authors who wish to be connected only with other authors.

message 8: by Gloria (new)

Gloria Piper | 49 comments I belong to NovelPro. It's an exclusive site for professional level authors, run by J. R. Lankford, author of the Jesus Thief series. She's a member of GoodReads, so you should be able to find her. Ask her about it.

message 9: by Marcy (new)

Marcy (marshein) | 214 comments Holly wrote: "Okay, I've formed a group. If you're an author with a valid GR author's profile and want in, please send me a friend request and I'll invite you! Let's have some fun, all! :D"

I was unable to send a message from your page, Holly. When I clicked Send a Message it blinked but didn't bring up a box. Why the need for PMs anyway? Not hard to enforce the author rule: we can easily check for their GR page! Anyhow, I'd stop by if I could!

message 10: by Marlana (new)

Marlana Williams (marlanawilliams) I wanted a PM for any links to GR groups that people otherwise wanted to be private. A friend request enables me to invite people to the group I just created, and yes, I am approving members who have author profiles if they do a search for the group on their own and ask to join.