The Book Was Better discussion

BOOKS ON SCREEN > HARRY POTTER

Comments Showing 1-50 of 69 (69 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Dana, SuperMod (new)

Dana Burkey (danaburkey) | 1690 comments Mod
This is a series I know next to nothing about, but I am sure there are some of you out there that have a LOT to say about this book to movie franchise! :)

message 2: by Sam (new)

Sam | 606 comments Where to start... hahaha OK I loved how the castle turned out, moving staircases were how I imagined and the moving paintings! Wish they could have added Peeves because the stuff he gets up to is funny! But all in all apart from some of the acting it turned out alright. I mean it didn't stop me from seeing all the movies at the cinemas! Saying that I see a lot of movies at the cinemas (fav past time after reading) but I wish they had waited till all the books had been written before embarking on the movies. I felt the movies were rushed. plus really sad the actor for Dumbledore died after the first movie. But i do think who they replaced him with was more the vision I had of the headmaster.

Did you hear the media comment from JK about how she thought it might have been a mistake to have Ron and Hermione end up together! I think even if she thought that how can you tell it to the media aka the whole fan base after the fact! I was pretty annoyed! I mean if you change your mind about anything after it’s been printed and tell people, what are people to think... that there might be more she got wrong?

message 3: by Jasmina (new)

Jasmina I agree! The castle was magnificent! Love these movies! I think The Prisoner of Azkaban is my all-time favorite.

I feel like Rowling could have kept it to herself. What's the point in destroying (even if it's slightly) the pairings she had written, released and that everyone more or less have accepted by now.

Cate (The Professional Fangirl) (chaostheory08) | 458 comments That epilogue was horrible. I've read better fanfiction.

Azkaban is my favorite book and least favorite movie.

message 5: by Princess7v (new)

Princess7v | 11 comments I've always called myself a true Harry Potter fan but the truth is I am not because it's the first time EVER that I am actually reading a Harry Potter book. ( I hope I'm not the only one) I'm on my third book of the Harry Potter series and I'm really enjoying myself. I would have to say that both the movie and books are really great. (Btw I haven't seen all of the Harry Potter movies)

If there are any mistakes and grammar or misspelled word I apologize -- autocorrect sucks!

message 6: by Sam (new)

Sam | 606 comments Haha I hear u about auto correct :D

message 7: by Marika (new)

Marika | 187 comments Cate (The Professional Fangirl) wrote: "That epilogue was horrible. I've read better fanfiction.

Azkaban is my favorite book and least favorite movie."

I was SO mad at how they butchered the movie for Prisonor of Azkaban! Nothing was explained properly and they left of key details. I remember being SO angry. I've tried to blot out the memories of the movies from my mind

Cate (The Professional Fangirl) (chaostheory08) | 458 comments I watched it twice and never again. I'm still mad that they cut out the Quidditch final from all movie memory.

message 9: by Blueberry (new)

Blueberry (blueberry1) The Harry Potter movies are good if you never read the books.

Cate (The Professional Fangirl) (chaostheory08) | 458 comments Or you wouldn't care much about the movies. My friend who never read the books always thought the movies were boring. It's like it's specialized for those who read the books beforehand.

message 11: by Blueberry (new)

Blueberry (blueberry1) That's true. We wouldn't have emotion already invested in these characters.

message 12: by Jess (new)

Jess I loved the books and the movies. I think they did a pretty good job on the movies.

message 13: by Dana, SuperMod (new)

Dana Burkey (danaburkey) | 1690 comments Mod
Soha wrote: "Hey, I'm new in Goodreads and in so in this group too.
But I would like to add my opinion about The harry potter series.
I watched the first 3 parts of the movie then began to read the books later...."

Welcome! Glad you found your way to the group! :D

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I love Harry Potter (even though i am only on the 4th book)! I thought that the first two movies (especially the 1st one) were awesome on keeping all the details in! The third one was a bit of a suprise to me because it missed and changed a lot of parts ( not to mention a new dumbledore and harry, ron, and hermione barely wore there robes throughout the entire movie)

message 15: by Louisa (new)

Louisa Knight | 156 comments Before I watched the films I made sure that I had read all of the book, it helped that my dad used to read them to me when I was a little girl! But I genuinely enjoyed both the books and the films!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

My strategy is to not what the movies. I have read all the books multiple times and love them. Is aw the first two movies and was like, these are pretty bad. I figure that if I was going to watch one of the movies, I might as well just pick up one of the books. It would be a better way to spend my time.

message 17: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 91 comments The books are great! Movies are nice but not as good as the books (as in any book-movie situation).

message 18: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca  Campbell (roaringdarkness) | 2 comments Harry Potter was one of my favorite series and i enjoyed the magic of the series, but was upset to see that J.K Rowling went on a killing spree in number 4,5,6 and 7, Like she had to make Harry's life even more miserable. She killed some of my favorite characters including Dumbledore, Fred (or was it George?) Sirius, Lupin and Tonks R.I.P to them all. The book to movie was very accurate which always makes me happy. Overall a very good job and still a favouite of mine.

message 19: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 91 comments Becky- I agree! I mourned when she killed poor Dobby! :( yes the movies and books are very similar but there are also some important details that made the story more interesting in the books!

message 20: by Louisa (new)

Louisa Knight | 156 comments I agree with you Sophie, the films were done well but as always the books are better!

message 21: by Sam (new)

Sam | 606 comments Becky dont forget the first person in book 3 Sirius Black... unless he wasn't a favouite of urs :D he was the first of many! but yeah Lupin and Tonks broke my heart! Not saying the others didn't! I guess it was more because their baby was just like Harry and Neville :( so sad.

message 22: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 91 comments I mourned for basically all the characters except the bad ones hahaha

message 23: by Louisa (new)

Louisa Knight | 156 comments Haha, agreed! I might have cried a few times as well.

message 24: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 91 comments Yea same :.( ahhhh

message 25: by Abby (new)

Abby Tennity | 6 comments HEY!

message 26: by Booksarethebest (new)

Booksarethebest well I read the books before and I don't really like the movies ,they are just fine . As a really potter fan I hate that people think that HP is boring or something if they don't have read the book.

message 27: by Louisa (new)

Louisa Knight | 156 comments Harry Potter is definitely not boring!! I've heard people say that it wasn't really their thing but never boring.

message 28: by Sam (new)

Sam | 606 comments Abby wrote: "HEY!"

Hey Abby have you read the HP books? who is your fav character?

message 29: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 91 comments Yeah it is very exciting and suspenseful !

message 30: by Abby (new)

Abby Tennity | 6 comments Favorite character is probs.. Siru

message 31: by Landen (new)

Landen | 73 comments I adored the Harry Potter books! In class I was so obsessed I would read them under my desk when the teacher was not looking. Needless to say my favorite character was Sirius Black.

message 32: by Louisa (new)

Louisa Knight | 156 comments Haha now that is commitment to your books!

message 33: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 91 comments Hahaha I still do that with every book hahahaha

message 34: by Kyara (new)

Kyara | 158 comments Oh my gosh I actually read Harry Potter so long ago that I forget the main details of them. I think its about time for a re-read!

message 35: by Louisa (new)

Louisa Knight | 156 comments Definitely time to re-read them! The re-opening of all it's beauty!

message 36: by Kyara (new)

Kyara | 158 comments When I realised I'd forgot a lot of the stuff I started having a slight freak out (what is my life, how could this happen etc etc) hahah

message 37: by Louisa (new)

Louisa Knight | 156 comments Haha, oh well it'll be like reading them for the first time again!

message 38: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 91 comments Omg that would be great if we could go back and read the books again but have it as I first time!

message 39: by Landen (new)

Landen | 73 comments Ha, losing a memory of my books is like losing part of my life

message 40: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 91 comments Yea but then you could go back and read them as if it was your first time again!

message 41: by Landen (new)

Landen | 73 comments So true...so true.

message 42: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 91 comments Hahahaha are you reading anything now?

message 43: by Landen (new)

Landen | 73 comments A couple books actually,One called Malice, the Eragon series, the Great Gatsby, and a few others.

message 44: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 91 comments O nice! Your reading them all at once? I can only read one at a time!

message 45: by Kyara (new)

Kyara | 158 comments I don't even know how I've lost aspects of the books? ... I guess it has been years.
I'd love to be able to forget and then read all the books I read when I was younger and see if I feel the same about them now as I did back then. I already have that attachment to them so it's like I'm slightly biased every time I do a re-read.

message 46: by Landen (new)

Landen | 73 comments I think the most books I've read at once was about six.

message 47: by Kyara (new)

Kyara | 158 comments That's quite impressive, I think the most I've read at once was 4.

message 48: by Sam (new)

Sam | 606 comments I've been meaning to re-read the books again. Think I have only read deathly hallows once through, where as the others I've read more than twice :D but I have too many on my to read. Maybe I'll pick them up and read while reading another. For me ice only ever had 2 books going at one time.

message 49: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 91 comments Wow that impressive! I can't even read like two!

message 50: by Abby (new)

Abby Tennity | 6 comments Hey

« previous 1