What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

I Married Adventure: The Lives of Martin and Osa Johnson
This topic is about I Married Adventure
SOLVED: Non-Fiction > SOLVED. Early 20th-Century memoir on an itinerant photographer and his wife [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Lemon (patriciadickersonlemon) | 3 comments When I was an early teen (~1949-50), I read a memoir/autobiography by a young woman from somewhere in the Midwest, as I recall, who eloped with an itinerant photographer and spent the rest of her life accompanying him through Africa and other exotic venues. I cannot remember anything more about their surname but that it started with "O." I want to say "Oz," but I know that's not right. I suspect their photographs might have been published in National Geographic.

Her adventurousness inspired me, although I was too well indoctrinated to follow her example.

message 3: by Laina (new)

Laina (lshockley) | 188 comments Interesting cross-reference - the current issue of "National Geographic Traveler" has an article which mentions this book and the Johnsons' several year residence at "Lake Paradise" in Kenya. The full article is only available in the print version, but it might be an easy way to determine if this is your book. In it the author of the article follows in the footsteps of the Johnsons to see if he can locate Lake Paradise again. (view spoiler)

Here is a link to the abbreviated online article:
http://intelligenttravel.nationalgeog...

message 4: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Lemon (patriciadickersonlemon) | 3 comments That's it, Kris!

message 5: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Lemon (patriciadickersonlemon) | 3 comments And thanks for the URL, Laina.

message 6: by Kris (new) - added it

Kris | 34340 comments Mod
You're welcome Patricia. Glad we could help! It sounds like a fascinating memoir, so I added it to my TBR list. Thanks. :)