Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Team Challenges Archive > Book Buffs' Battleship “Mission Control”

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Feb 12, 2014 09:21AM) (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30934 comments Mod
This thread is for “Mission Control” and will be where the Mods tell a team which team(s) they need to “fire on” or challenge.

Please post those in the “Firing On” or Challenging Another Team thread.

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Reserved.

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Reserved.

message 4: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Reserved.

message 5: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Reserved.

message 6: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Reserved.

message 7: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Reserved.

message 8: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Reserved.

message 9: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Reserved.

message 10: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Reserved.

message 11: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Reserved.

message 12: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Mar 06, 2014 09:20AM) (new)

Reserved.

message 13: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Plans for the first “firing on” or genre challenges will be announced
Friday, March 7th, 2014 at one minute after Midnight.
HERE is an international clock conversion for review.

message 14: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

In just a little under 14 hours Mission Control will give teams their first assignment. Are you ready?

message 15: by NBRC Book Ninja (new)

NBRC Book Ninja | 1025 comments Ahoy! It is time to get aloft and plan your first attacks.

You will have two targets - one shot each - this first week.
Please note, one team, Team T, will fire on Team W twice. (It was the roll of the dice that determined this.) So, don't get confused.

Please clearly post your coordinates by NOON PST on March 7th in the “Firing On” or Challenging Another Team thread.

Successful hits are on a first come, first hit basis. If you're worried about another team beating you to a square, offer a second square as back-up at the time of your posting.

I will update Page 3 of the Team Assignment spreadsheet - Hits & Misses - as I can. (Despite what some of you think, I don't live on GRs, so give me time.)

SPECIAL NOTE: We will give any members how have not yet check in until NOON on Saturday the 8th, before we maroon them and find a replacement player.

Those of you who do NOT have all your fellow shipmates on board have been given your cards anyway; they are in the photos section of your secret group. If you do get a replacement player, and since cards are based on what your members read, we will discuss getting a replacement card.

Be prepared to defend your genre - by this we mean dodge a hit!!

Avast Ye, Captains! Be sure the team mate that defends the genre - or deflected the hit - has their designated book marked as “read” on their bookshelf. When you have verified this, post them HERE!

message 16: by NBRC Book Ninja (last edited Mar 13, 2014 12:06PM) (new)

NBRC Book Ninja | 1025 comments Plans for the next “firing on” or genre challenges will be announced:
Friday, March 14th, 2014 at one minute after Midnight.

message 17: by NBRC Book Ninja (new)

NBRC Book Ninja | 1025 comments There will be three “firing on” or genre challenges announced in less than 12 hours.

Are you ready to put your strategy caps on?:
Friday, March 14th, 2014 at one minute after Midnight.

message 18: by NBRC Book Ninja (last edited Mar 17, 2014 07:05AM) (new)

NBRC Book Ninja | 1025 comments Ahoy! It is time to get aloft and plan your third, fourth, & fifth attacks.

You will have three targets - one shot each - this second week.
Please note, Team T, will fire on Team U twice; Team U will fire on Team Z twice. (It was the roll of the dice that determined this. Really, what are the odds of this happening to the same team twice?) So, don't get confused.

Please clearly post your coordinates by NOON PST on March 14th in the “Firing On” or Challenging Another Team thread.

Successful hits are on a first come, first hit basis. If you're worried about another team beating you to a square, offer a second square as back-up at the time of your posting.

I will update Page 3 of the Team Assignment spreadsheet - Hits & Misses - as I can. (Despite what some of you think, I don't live on GRs, so give me time.)

Be prepared to defend your genre!!

Avast Ye, Captains! Be sure the team mate that defends the genre - or deflected the hit - has their designated book marked as “read” on their bookshelf. When you have verified this, post a LINK to your summary HERE!

message 19: by NBRC Book Ninja (new)

NBRC Book Ninja | 1025 comments Plans for the next “firing on” or genre challenges will be announced:
Friday, March 21st, 2014 at one minute after Midnight.

message 20: by NBRC Book Ninja (last edited Mar 20, 2014 11:50PM) (new)

NBRC Book Ninja | 1025 comments Ahoy! It is time to get aloft and plan your sixth, seventh, eighth, & nineth attacks.

You will have four targets - one shot each - this third week.
Please clearly post your coordinates by NOON PST on March 21st in the “Firing On” or Challenging Another Team thread.

Avast Ye, Captains! Be sure the team mate that defends the genre - or deflected the hit - has their designated book marked as “read” on their bookshelf. When you have verified this, post a LINK to your summary HERE!

message 21: by NBRC Book Ninja (last edited Mar 28, 2014 12:23AM) (new)

NBRC Book Ninja | 1025 comments Ahoy! It is time to get aloft and plan your 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, & 14th attacks.

You will have five targets - one shot each - this last week.
Please clearly post your coordinates by NOON PST on March 28th in the “Firing On” or Challenging Another Team thread.

message 22: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 5051 comments are we going to have this challenge again?!?!?!? I had fun :)

message 23: by NBRC Book Ninja (new)

NBRC Book Ninja | 1025 comments Good to hear :)
We are considering this an other team challenges for the future :)